Food club

Duma

Well, I assume we all busted Saturday-Sunday!! I certainly did, but don't feel too bad as even if I'd have taken Garet's less risky strategy, I'd have still had a bust!

Yesterday was a straight, follow Garet day, so a healthy 28;10 profit.

Today, I'm following Garet, but removing the base bet and putting an additional bet on Lucky and Goob. I may lose that 2:1 boost if the lower bets come through. But Lucky has a decent win rate and there aren't that many pizza's on the menu today, so I would prefer to shoot for that 26:1 chase.

@jellysundaeLooks like you are indeed the youngest - but hey, at least you don't lose as much when it goes bump!!

31 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'm the Food Club baby! xD

I'm gonna use that as my excuse for persistently forgetting to bet. :whistle:

I've only forgotten to bet once and that was a tank day!! I've made my own bets on Garet's skip days though... and that nearly always ends badly!! 

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

Given it's a single positive day today Im going to bet only bet 50K

I've gone all out, particularly as Goob has now lost several days in a row it seems more than likely he will win this one... I hope. Providing Goob wins, my expected minimum return is 12:10 which isn't worth it unless I put the full bet into it really. Garet's expected minimum if Goob comes through is 14:10 as he's included a single base bet... which I've ignored in my ever hopeful Lucky chase of 26:1. Now if Lucky wins, I'll get a nice 34:10!!

It'll be just my luck though that Orvinn or Stuff-a-Roo win upsetting the applecart as that means I picked the wrong horse to chase... 

Edited by Secre
I keep getting my ratios wrong...

Just what is goin' on with Goob! Is he having an existential crisis or something?? xD

32 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Given it's a single positive day today Im going to only bet 50K

What's your logic behind that then, Angelo?

On 11/20/2020 at 11:57 PM, LekkerLekker89 said:

still unsure if I am supposed to place all of them or pick and choose or..?

Tressa, you should bet all of the 10 in hopes of getting at least one to pay out. As risky as FC betting is-Garet is the most conservative bettor and makes me feel the safest when it comes to betting. 72:1 was great and their 28:1 yesterday turned into 42:1 for me bc I accidently did the last bet "wrong" and got an extra  14:1 with it.

Sometimes my accidents actually pay out? *lol*

Well, it's a skip day today. So instead of trying to make sensible bets, I've just stuck 1000 per bet on some high end hopes. I lose very little when it fails, but have the potential to make a fortune out of very little!!

21 hours ago, jellysundae said:

What's your logic behind that then, Angelo?

A small win like 12:10 or 14:10 isn't much of a big difference in terms of NP .. would make a difference if it's 20:10 and above .. and it won't be much of a loss if it tanked ..

So, I disliked the option of ignoring Tailhook in Lagoon. Whenever Garet ignores a 3:1 opener, the 3:1 wins so it seemed like a good way to get a tank. 

So my set has a lower potential return overall, but covers Tailhook if one of the two 2:1's in Treasure come through. It does mean I'm boosting the 2:1's in Treasure rather than the potential higher return in Shipwreck.

image.png.070fcd109d0cd91fc52029887f3b7b8e.png

So I came out at just under Garet as Tailhook didn't come through. 40:10 isn't to be scoffed at though.

Today I'm back to taking a risk. I've gone really got one safety and that's in Harpoon on Fran. I've doubled my main bets up by hitting both Ol' Stripey and Tailhook in Treasure, boosted the two 2:1's in Shipwreck and then got two safety bets both riding on Fran in Harpoon with the two likely candidates in Treasure. 

Risk? Yeah... probably!!

image.thumb.png.c0485217a5cd1613e0c90e361b53bd38.png

And my risk came through as I cam out with 32:10 to Garet's 20:10!

Today is officially a skip day according to Garet and Reddit. I disagree. There are positive arenas... just not strong ones. And we go for the risk.

image.png.5cac615efc9a1c56ae8a955d9833eba1.png

On 11/27/2020 at 11:28 PM, Angeló said:

@Secre 

please let us know how you fare

i totally skipped today 

You were wise! Apparently I picked the wrong arena and tanked. Which I suppose at least says my basic principle was correct - I just picked the wrong horse to back. I did skip Saturday and just followed Garet yesterday.

Today I've gone with Garet but swapped his Ol' Stripey safety in Hidden Cove for the Tailhook safety in Harpoon. Same odds, but Tailhook is the stronger pirate even if he is against Goob today.

Still 10 betting Goob today, but I'm removing the three arena bet and the base 2:1 bet in order to boost three arena's rather than two; Treasure, Harpoon and Cove. The reason I haven't chosen Shipwreck like Garet is because I'm have to cover all four pirates on it. Instead, I have covered all four bases on Cove, and then the three pirates on Treasure and Harpoon.

image.png.6f274818843eadcb95c82d4a4b6a69fb.png

Well, after two appalling days, I was tempted to skip yesterday. I'm glad I didn't and that I followed Garet exactly as I've walked away with close to a million np!

EDIT: And I've messed up today's food club bets by changing the wrong pirate arena... so I have significantly fewer safeties than Garet and this might end very, very badly!

46 minutes ago, Secre said:

Well, after two appalling days, I was tempted to skip yesterday. I'm glad I didn't and that I followed Garet exactly as I've walked away with close to a million np!

i won the lowest amount ... 48:10 ... about 350K

but hey a win is a win :D

image.png.bb2a07ce0c178d6e5c55b27ab84cb1f1.png

1 minute ago, Angeló said:

i won the lowest amount ... 48:10 ... about 350K

but hey a win is a win :D

image.png.bb2a07ce0c178d6e5c55b27ab84cb1f1.png

And that's still a nice win to boot!! I was feeling distinctly jaded yesterday and just followed Garet exactly, so came out with a 72:10 win. Not bad at all. 

As I mentioned in my edit to my previous comment though, today could be... disastrous. The two bets highlighted yellow were accidental, when I messed up on who I had changed over... and I'd already decided to drop one of the 13;1 safety bets for the blue 8;1 base bet. Unfortunately, I placed that bet first, so couldn't change my mind after my mess up on the other bets!

So I am now running with three safety bets instead of six. I mean, if Scurvy Dan comes up big, I may win significantly more than Garet... but I certainly wouldn't have played that gamble deliberately!!

image.png.ca147b538e327727e47ff63043950bb4.png

Well, yesterday was not a bust as one of the safeties I did manage to put on came through at 28:10. Unfortunately today's odds are absolutely terrible, but I was hoping to go for the trophy if I held my winnings for seven rounds due to my 72:10 win two days ago. So I've decided to risk it all on Goob... despite there being another 2:1 in his arena. 

Note to the wise: if you are just looking to make np and not hoping for a payout to boost your earnings up to the high score table, I do not recommend betting today!

image.png.4376051f64b2e86e8edb7e3b10763c4f.png

7 hours ago, Angeló said:

I've always wondered how to win a trophy in this game .. it seems everyone starts holding in the last week 😮

Yeah, that seems to be the normal best time to do it - but as I'd got a 72:10 which would get me nearly a quarter of the way to a trophy on it's own, I thought I'd try my luck. You can hold seven days/eight rounds and the scores reset with all the other games on 1st of the month.

So I think the best chances are to start holding on 25th-26th odd depending on if it's a 30/31 day month? Seven days takes you to 1st and if you then collect before midnight on 1st but after food club results are announced you can use that days round as well. If it's after midnight though, the first round will disappear from your run and you will lose that np.

Unfortunately yesterday was a bust - Goob evidently did not win! I'm going to hold today and see where I get to, but I suspect I won't be close enough to the big earnings to really have a chance in honesty!

Today I have taken out two of the high end safeties in Lagoon to put two safeties on Buck in Treasure Island, making that possibility profitable, but only just in honesty (12:10). I thought after I should have probably done a 'safety boost' if that's even a thing, using Tailhook and buck and then the two 2:1's in Harpoon, instead of a regular safety and a single bet. Slightly more risky, but far more profitable.

image.png.d723d80167b64105938d7aab8b1edbc9.png

Whoot! Fed's odds in Lagoon came back up as a safety bet to 6:1, so I've dropped Garet's base bet and the safety bet on Harpoon on Lucky to incorporate two additional safeties using Shipwreck as an additional pseudo positive. Hopefully Goob comes though this time!

image.png.93a0616e2c920b3a5025c5ff235ea0f3.png