Food club

Duma

I've done quite well this week as I've been playing with bets to cover additional safeties. Yesterday was an absolute win as I dropped a safety (risk!) to add Sproggie to the three bets and came up trumps!!

image.png.948f856c81d85a15cfa88362c7efcdb4.png

1 hour ago, Secre said:

I've done quite well this week as I've been playing with bets to cover additional safeties. Yesterday was an absolute win as I dropped a safety (risk!) to add Sproggie to the three bets and came up trumps!!

image.png.948f856c81d85a15cfa88362c7efcdb4.png

image.png.ea2ec06dcdc5eb9324511ec2d75fb8ab.png

Everyone on Yehoodi's page tanked yesterday

Perhaps you should start your own page for us meeks to follow ^_^ 

On 11/2/2020 at 11:41 AM, Angeló said:

image.png.ea2ec06dcdc5eb9324511ec2d75fb8ab.png

Everyone on Yehoodi's page tanked yesterday

Perhaps you should start your own page for us meeks to follow ^_^ 

Eh, often or not when I make my own bets I tank mind you!! What I've started doing is taking Garet's bets and then fiddling with them - so I didn't like the fact that he'd ignored Sproggie yesterday on the three arena bets. So I took the (hopefully) least likely 'safety' bet and ditched that, replacing it with the 52 Sproggie bet...

And got lucky on it!! 

I've treated Harpoon Harry's as a positive today and ten bet Admiral Blackbeard though, so this might well end up not working so well for me!! But I figure with a 60:1 win day, I can afford to lose a day if it comes down to it!!

image.png.ec4bba019f9f43fdb7b7a5ed6f711a76.png

And I think Boochi is being a tad optimistic today and so have gone with a less risky approach. I’m not confident his four safeties are as safe as he says, particularly Treasure and Shipwreck.

The last bet is a risky chase, and I should probably have removed Goob from it to have it as a regular safety, but I got greedy!!

Wish me luck!!

3DE1FA1A-DB5B-4DE8-91C4-283AE13C547A.jpeg

I've thrown caution to the wind and gone with Garet, what the heck, it's "only" 44k to lose, pocket change by neopian standards! Him being reckless shocked me so much I just can't resist. xD

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I've thrown caught to the wind and gone with Garet, what the heck, it's "only" 44k to lose, pocket change by neopian standards! Him being reckless shocked me so much I just can't resist. xD

I’m chucking 126000 at it each time, so when I think it’s too risky I tend to modify!! I should have gone with my gut yesterday and boosted the safeties as I had a suspicion it was come out at break even, but wasn’t confident enough!!

Boochi did better than me and @Angelo did better still!!! Should have taken the risk...!!

I played around with the bets again and it worked out, so I'll forgive myself for messing with the day that came out at 56:1 on Boochi and a massive win for @Angeló!

image.png.2c3ae8d4fa55c00c1e186819feaf4555.png

I didn't like the fact that Boochi was playing the 2:1, 3:1 arena as a positive, so removed it from the main bets, added it as a booster and added a base bet. I suspect that means that I missed a safety somewhere, which could have ended badly but thankfully didn't!! 

Me being introduced to, and eventually understanding, the neocities FC thing isn't turning out to be quite so lucrative for me, as I'm just not remembering to place any bets. :upsidedown:

This has worked in my favour a few times with the recent tanking, but it's starting to get on my nerves now. xD

I'm thinking about it right now; I've checked on Garet and he's not skipping; now to see if I can hold onto the thought long enough to get the cash out of the bank and get this done!

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Me being introduced to, and eventually understanding, the neocities FC thing isn't turning out to be quite so lucrative for me, as I'm just not remembering to place any bets. :upsidedown:

This has worked in my favour a few times with the recent tanking, but it's starting to get on my nerves now. xD

I'm thinking about it right now; I've checked on Garet and he's not skipping; now to see if I can hold onto the thought long enough to get the cash out of the bank and get this done!

I've played straight with Garet's set today, particularly as the odds on the Shipwreck safety have increased significantly! No tweaking or changing of bets for me today!

I have to admit, I'm still putting all my bets in manually. I quite like the process and it allows me to confirm that I'm happy with the odds and the safeties in place!

7 hours ago, Secre said:

I played around with the bets again and it worked out, so I'll forgive myself for messing with the day that came out at 56:1 on Boochi and a massive win for @Angeló!

image.png.2c3ae8d4fa55c00c1e186819feaf4555.png

I didn't like the fact that Boochi was playing the 2:1, 3:1 arena as a positive, so removed it from the main bets, added it as a booster and added a base bet. I suspect that means that I missed a safety somewhere, which could have ended badly but thankfully didn't!! 

Holy cow! You should start your own betting page, these wins are incredible! I ended up with just 24:10 yesterday

On 11/16/2020 at 5:20 PM, CoconutDragon said:

Holy cow! You should start your own betting page, these wins are incredible! I ended up with just 24:10 yesterday

Hah, @Angeló said that! I feel it might be cheating somewhat though as I tend to follow Garet and tweak periodically!! And of course, it sometimes doesn't work out. There was that fateful day recently where everyone following Garet got 56:1, Angelo got double that... and I got the 24:1 odd!! Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose!

Poor odds today... I've gone with Garet, but taken out the 2:1 base bet and incorporated a Buck and Goob safety... not all too safe as Goob isn't a safe arena, but it was the only way to make it profitable unless I wanted to waste multiple bets on the safety and lose the profit margin of 9 betting Edmund if all the 2:1's come in and make it a 12:10 day

19 minutes ago, Angeló said:

I didn't make any bets and Garet won 24:10 😕

Garet's usually quite good on single bet days - he's had a couple of really decent wins with cruddy odds!

I came in 22:10 as I removed that 2:1 base bet for a safety, but I still say that was worth it!!

I was toying today with removing the Orvinn bet from Harpoon and adding a Tailhook safety in Cove, as Tailhook is a far stronger pirate than Orvinn by far, even with an opening rate of 13:1... I'm hoping I won't live to regret not following my instincts here!!

On 11/18/2020 at 10:00 AM, jellysundae said:

I didn't bet either as Garet was so unsure, ah well!

Good luck, Secre!

The existing safety came though, so all was good!! 

Today I may need luck. I have gone with a more risky set that aligns more with jkRollingDown on Reddit than with Garet, and I've swapped out his Peg Leg safety for an additional double upset cover on Buck and Ned, as I'm relatively confident that this match will go to either Goob or Buck!! 

image.png.4d8f0ec7b7636f63359f3d09f3542fbc.png

Eh, so 28.10 as the safety came through. Garet got 32.10 as he included a base 4.1 bet. I still say the chance of the four pirates winning and the additional double upset safety was worth it!

And yep, everyone seems united today on the relative risk of the four positives, Reddit and Garet alike. So I’m running with that! 

Garet has included instructions for a less risky bet set using three positives, but I think today is a day to run a risk!!

image.thumb.png.02118a524b6760f91d497f1325198a1c.png

I mean, look at the potential profit on that!! It's a pity both Shipwreck and Lagoon needed two safeties each as a base bet would have been an awesome addition... but I'm not happy to add anymore risk to the equation than there already is!

Whoop whoop!! 72:10 and over 900,000k! I bought several island Hissi MPs yesterday for resale that are all but covered now!!

Today. Today I am taking a risk. I have dropped all the Goob safeties, boosted Cove and Treasure and got the one Lagoon safety.

This may tank spectacularly, but with three solid-ish positives, it seems wasteful to have seven safeties!!

image.png.cd12182b0c7481924b2ff3fd1dac9451.png

@LekkerLekker89, whoever you are following, use all of their bets and bet a consistent amount. The betting sets are designed to try to cover all bases so you make a profit. 

Do note, the set I’ve posted above is significantly more risky than Gareth’s for instance. I had a big win yesterday and felt like risk!

Place A Bet!!!
Collect Winnings
Round Bet Info Amount Odds Winnings
7868 Shipwreck: Franchisco Corvallio
Lagoon: Buck Cutlass
Hidden Cove: Sir Edmund Ogletree
Harpoon Harry's: Scurvy Dan the Blade
4430 NP 72:1 318960 NP
Total Winnings 318960 NP

Do I have the youngest account here? "Only" 318k for me xD

Ooh, well done with being brave enough to dip your toe into the FC water @LekkerLekker89!

:D