Food club

Duma

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Date Round Garet Lucy Lefty Phoenix
1st November 7483 0:10 0:10 8:10 96:10
2nd November 7484 28:10 28:10 28:10 140:10

Phoenix has been killing it lately (also last month) , but I'm still following Garet T_T 

it's like a habit i can't kick 

The last few times I bet on food club, I didn't win anything. It discouraged me from betting, losing hundreds of thousands of NPs.

2 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

The last few times I bet on food club, I didn't win anything. It discouraged me from betting, losing hundreds of thousands of NPs.

it's profitable on the long run

November has been bad though .. but it will get better .. fingers crossed

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Angeló said:

three straight days of tanking

Maybe it's coming out in sympathy with the stock market?

Maybe this is Tank Season. I seem to remember it being this time of the year when FC when through a truly appalling bad patch a couple of years back.

Lemme see, 'cause I know I made a thread about it...

*rummages*

Is Food Club preparing for war?!

Yep, that was October, so I'm now saying Autumn is peak time for tanking! Ridiculous statement I'm sure, but does this look like a face of concern?? :lmaosmiley:

As an aside, just gave myself a heart-attack re-reading that thread.... I triple-posted...

TRIPLE-POSTED?!?! ?

Then I see I quoted someone whose post doesn't exist in the thread, so I got nosy and checked them out and they don't exist. So I guess some TDN housekeeping's been going on and users and their posts have been deleted; it wasn't me flagrantly breaking the forum rules. ?

Can someone help me? I don't speak "Numbers-Statistics-Accountant"-ese  I don't get what Garet is suggesting to change/do.

Today's Bet              

Current Bets
Round Bet Info Amount Odds Winnings
7509 Shipwreck: Gooblah the Grarrl 13364 NP 2:1 26728 NP
7509 Shipwreck: Gooblah the Grarrl
Treasure Island: Lucky McKyriggan
13364 NP 12:1 160368 NP
Treasure Island: Franchisco Corvallio
13364 NP 4:1 53456 NP
Treasure Island: Squire Venable
13364 NP 8:1 106912 NP
Lagoon: Bonnie Pip Culliford
13364 NP 20:1 267280 NP
Lagoon: Peg Leg Percival
13364 NP 6:1 80184 NP
Lagoon: Sir Edmund Ogletree
13364 NP 16:1 213824 NP
Lagoon: Federismo Corvallio
Treasure Island: Franchisco Corvallio
13364 NP 8:1 106912 NP
Lagoon: Federismo Corvallio
13364 NP 4:1 53456 NP
Treasure Island: Stuff-A-Roo
13364 NP 22:1 294008 NP
Total Possible Winnings 1363128 NP

Garet's "Instructions": 

Single positive day. Despite my trying to come up with a passable pattern involving using Island as a pseudo, due to time constraints I gave up and just went to my typical addition set.

(One possible pattern would have doubled the Ven safety with single bets on Lucky and Stuff, then doubled the Fed and Peg Leg boosters with single boosters on Ed and Bonnie...and that's not that terrible of an idea, really.)  What does this mean? Any time I tried to "change" the original Bet-it tanks. So could someone explain what they are suggesting to change? Thank you!

11/27/2019  8:22 pm NST  So, I convinced my sibling hexagon_dragon to 'stay the course' and follow Garet's method/pattern and they got 22:1

while my other 2 siblings, mintmilanos & moonlit_danaa & myself followed Phoenix's method/pattern and we got 32:1! At least we all made a profit!

Edited by midnight_spell360
Used another Bettor's Page

• 10 months later...

I did a thing yesterday, thanks to awesome Ninja Lisa!

She got me to use the neofoodclub thingie, and patiently explained until my beleaguered brain understood what I needed to do, and so...

*drum rolllll*

First time I've managed to FC for a VERY long time! :D

image.png.d6025d6b46201bc99901c16d2789a283.png

:happydance:

45 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

She got me to use the neofoodclub thingie, and patiently explained until my beleaguered brain understood what I needed to do, and so...

*drum rolllll*

Woo!! Congrats! It's certainly addictive once you start winning nice and big like that 😉

9 hours ago, CoconutDragon said:

Also seconding the neocities page, it's invaluable! I tried making my own bets a couple times but now I just piggyback off of other people who are much better at this than I am 😅

image.png.1fa778696a9f64df0d31840cfc07fdae.png

The person you're following is clearly not with these six 

I got 30:10 from Garet

14 hours ago, jellysundae said:

*drum rolllll*

Well done!! I never played Food Club until I heard about it on Reddit and am now addicted.

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

I'm kicking myself for going with three arena bets yesterday and two safeties instead of Garet's less greedy pattern. My safety return was only 16:10.

16 hours ago, Angeló said:

Whoa 😮

What is that ?

I understand nothing from it

But Cograts on winning :D I won 28:10 too and spent it 😕

This makes me feel so much better, and reading the how-to stuff on Reddit didn't help me much either. x'D

So let's see if I can explain!

*gulps*

you need an FCNC string to paste!

WTF(yora) is an FCNC string, I hear you cry! To which I respond: I have no idea what it means! Food Club something something... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, it's a thing, and it's here. 👇

image.png.f711289c64c8af9d5dd675833363eddc.png

I'm amused by the fact that I'm showing you how to do something on a day where Garet's not betting, hahaha. xD

Anyways! You paste that bit o' string up there onto the end of the url of the neocities page

Then you scroll down past the tables and input your max bet amount into the highlighted box that says -1000 there, then click set all bets.

image.png.021d1cf8146d370edac60fe95451a7ca.png

Then another bit appears showing the 10 bets in a vertical list with a button you need to click beside each one to actually place the bet. But as Garet hasn't actually placed any bets I can't show you that bit. 😅

But that's it. So simple even I managed it once I'd got it. :D

Also winnings from yesterday

image.png.9fb9549bb5c1c67b67a39f45a06ddcf3.png

5 hours ago, Angeló said:

Yep, when I first wanted to get into it, I tried Garet's (and others) bets but I couldn't figure them out, so I migrated to reddit and managed to figure it out there! Jelly's explanation for neocities is really good! Definitely follow that if you're following Garet or someone else off the boards. If anyone is interested in using reddit, I follow WiselyAltruistic and nsheng because they've got both great luck and really good explanations of their bets!

image.png.ad00378a6d9e5807e4f6e5d133251178.png

Just filter posts by Food Club, and today's thread will come up at the top, or if you're on mobile, search the 'Food Club' tag.

Every bettor will be posting their copy/pasted table from Neocities so you can decide based on the odds which one you want to follow. The simplest way to pick is to read their explanation - they'll usually say the odds to profit/win, odds to double or triple (or better!). If they don't, check out the table! It looks inscrutable at first but there are two main things to look for:

Screenshot_20201008-1554592.png?width=29

First, the "TER" is the Total Expected Returns. Don't take it as gospel, but it gives a good idea of how profitable a set will be if it wins. 10 would be breaking even, and anything higher than 10 will be a profit. The higher the better! If you're feeling daring, Neocities has a "Max TER" button, which will maximise your returns, but the odds of winning will be puny

Second, the Odds and Probability. Ignore the Cumulative and Tail columns when you're starting out! This is what tripped me up the first time haha. Your odds of completely busting and not making any money are listed under 0:10 and the probability for losing this set is 31.125%. Anything below 10:10 odds will lose NP, and anything above that line will win you money. 

As Wisely explains below, this particular set has a 53.2% chance to profit (i.e. above 10:10 odds), and therefore a 46.8% chance to lose money. If you win 20:10 you'll double your money, if they're 30:10 you'll triple, and so on. This set has a 4.2% chance to triple, but you might be hesitant about the high bust odds. These are all things to take into account when you're browsing the bets! 

Screenshot_20201008-1554472.png?width=29

When you've found a set you like, just click the FC round number at the top of the table and it'll take you to this table's Neocities page, with all the bets inputted. Then, just like Jelly explained, put in your "max personal bet", "set all bets", and then click each "place this bet!" button individually. 

Sorry for the wall of text, but I'm eager to share my good fortune with everyone! I've played for 2.5 months and made over 3M profit with reddit bets, almost enough to support my expensive hobbies 😅 Hope this helps!

14 minutes ago, CoconutDragon said:

Yep, when I first wanted to get into it, I tried Garet's (and others) bets but I couldn't figure them out, so I migrated to reddit and managed to figure it out there! Jelly's explanation for neocities is really good! Definitely follow that if you're following Garet or someone else off the boards. If anyone is interested in using reddit, I follow WiselyAltruistic and nsheng because they've got both great luck and really good explanations of their bets!

image.png.ad00378a6d9e5807e4f6e5d133251178.png

Just filter posts by Food Club, and today's thread will come up at the top, or if you're on mobile, search the 'Food Club' tag.

Every bettor will be posting their copy/pasted table from Neocities so you can decide based on the odds which one you want to follow. The simplest way to pick is to read their explanation - they'll usually say the odds to profit/win, odds to double or triple (or better!). If they don't, check out the table! It looks inscrutable at first but there are two main things to look for:

Screenshot_20201008-1554592.png?width=29

First, the "TER" is the Total Expected Returns. Don't take it as gospel, but it gives a good idea of how profitable a set will be if it wins. 10 would be breaking even, and anything higher than 10 will be a profit. The higher the better! If you're feeling daring, Neocities has a "Max TER" button, which will maximise your returns, but the odds of winning will be puny

Second, the Odds and Probability. Ignore the Cumulative and Tail columns when you're starting out! This is what tripped me up the first time haha. Your odds of completely busting and not making any money are listed under 0:10 and the probability for losing this set is 31.125%. Anything below 10:10 odds will lose NP, and anything above that line will win you money. 

As Wisely explains below, this particular set has a 53.2% chance to profit (i.e. above 10:10 odds), and therefore a 46.8% chance to lose money. If you win 20:10 you'll double your money, if they're 30:10 you'll triple, and so on. This set has a 4.2% chance to triple, but you might be hesitant about the high bust odds. These are all things to take into account when you're browsing the bets! 

Screenshot_20201008-1554472.png?width=29

When you've found a set you like, just click the FC round number at the top of the table and it'll take you to this table's Neocities page, with all the bets inputted. Then, just like Jelly explained, put in your "max personal bet", "set all bets", and then click each "place this bet!" button individually. 

Sorry for the wall of text, but I'm eager to share my good fortune with everyone! I've played for 2.5 months and made over 3M profit with reddit bets, almost enough to support my expensive hobbies 😅 Hope this helps!

I'd always wondered what the TER was, now I know! Thank you!! I've been playing for five months or so now and made close to 13 million from it. Admittedly, most of that has gone on paint brushes and petpets, but hey ho!!!

59 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

This makes me feel so much better, and reading the how-to stuff on Reddit didn't help me much either. x'D

So let's see if I can explain!

*gulps*

you need an FCNC string to paste!

WTF(yora) is an FCNC string, I hear you cry! To which I respond: I have no idea what it means! Food Club something something... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, it's a thing, and it's here. 👇

image.png.f711289c64c8af9d5dd675833363eddc.png

I'm amused by the fact that I'm showing you how to do something on a day where Garet's not betting, hahaha. xD

Anyways! You paste that bit o' string up there onto the end of the url of the neocities page

Then you scroll down past the tables and input your max bet amount into the highlighted box that says -1000 there, then click set all bets.

image.png.021d1cf8146d370edac60fe95451a7ca.png

Then another bit appears showing the 10 bets in a vertical list with a button you need to click beside each one to actually place the bet. But as Garet hasn't actually placed any bets I can't show you that bit. 😅

But that's it. So simple even I managed it once I'd got it. :D

Also winnings from yesterday

image.png.9fb9549bb5c1c67b67a39f45a06ddcf3.png

Thanks! I've been putting in all my bets from Garet's page manually!! Admittedly, I do frequently tweak them, particularly if I notice a safety he's ignored in favour of some high end bets. 

I'm amused by how much this might as well be rocket science for me 🤦‍♀️

I'm just happy that I've found a way around the mental pothole FC had been dropped down, but I'm not pushing my luck. I'll stick with Garet 😅

I've just realised that I'm close to my interest paying for my FC bets, that's nice. :D

image.png.f55f8a11ca6f8f1dbac7dde24e5b570c.png

I wonder how long it will take for the gap to close...

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I've just realised that I'm close to my interest paying for my FC bets, that's nice. :D

image.png.f55f8a11ca6f8f1dbac7dde24e5b570c.png

I wonder how long it will take for the gap to close...

I generally hope that the day before pays for the next Food Club... it usually works unless there's a complete bust!! But my max bet is 12,500 odd so I'm a loooong way off my interest covering my daily food bets!!

NICE!

image.png.25f20562178ede90518f8fc8080243c1.png

I'm showing these off like someone with pics of a new pup or something. 🤣 I'll get over it, I promise, I'm just so excited to be doing food club again that I gotta share right now. xD

• 3 weeks later...

Garet was moaning and complaining about it being a bad day so I followed JK but didn't bet a lot (5000 instead of my usual 8700 per bet) and although it's still a great win i missed out on an additional 100K 

image.png.593cafcd4d25f733a504dbd647b61bd6.png

9 hours ago, Angeló said:

Garet was moaning and complaining about it being a bad day so I followed JK but didn't bet a lot (5000 instead of my usual 8700 per bet) and although it's still a great win i missed out on an additional 100K 

image.png.593cafcd4d25f733a504dbd647b61bd6.png

Edit : Garet tanked 😕

0:10 yesterday.
Once again I should've Skipped.