Daily Dare 2018 Has Begun!

Mouseykins

I got the score pretty quick but I did get this ridiculous combo of like... a block of six with a dynamite block, an x2 block, another x2 block, and an x4 block. It netted me roughly 800 points in one go or something. Wish I had it recorded.

Also, today's prize from Lulu makes my Kacheek look like an old hippy, so perfect for his boho pad. :laugh:

medium_preview.png

EDIT

Oh dear, the glasses have inspired me, not really in a good way either. :ph34r: A quick trawl through the NP options on DTI threw up a shirt and sweater combo that I'd NEVER have considered before, but if we're channeling a 70s vibe here . . .

medium_preview.png

Check out that collar and cuffs! Something that size can only be from a particular decade!  I just hope the shirt's not nylon! lol.gif

so i was playing early in the morning (on medium) when work called to go earlier than usual for an emergency

i forgot about the game and got dressed 

then i decided to just challenge Abigail 

i had no idea how combos work etc

and my HS is around 2000 anyway so I have no patience to play for 6000

I've played three times so far, once each on easy, medium and hard. I scored 5000 on easy, which was my best so far. My hs is a little over 6000, so I know I can do it, but I'm going to have to practice. I don't really understand how to make best use of the multipliers--I have a really hard time making groups of more than 4 blocks. Any tips??

18 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

I've played three times so far, once each on easy, medium and hard. I scored 5000 on easy, which was my best so far. My hs is a little over 6000, so I know I can do it, but I'm going to have to practice. I don't really understand how to make best use of the multipliers--I have a really hard time making groups of more than 4 blocks. Any tips??

Er . . .I KNOW how, but my means to explain are, well . . . ? it took me a long time to figure it out myself as you can only go one way. Urgh, I really can't find the words, lol.

RIGHT! This image from the JN guide should/might help!

game_goparo_03.png

That pattern of blue tiles, that's the shape you need for a group of 6. It can be any orientation, but it needs to be that shape because the blocks turn clock-wise, have the long bit at the other end and you'll only match up 4.

It took me quite a while to be able to "see" the shape no matter what the orientation was, but I got there in the end so you'll definitely be able to figure it out. :D

20 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

That pattern of blue tiles, that's the shape you need for a group of 6. It can be any orientation, but it needs to be that shape because the blocks turn clock-wise, have the long bit at the other end and you'll only match up 4.

Hmmmm so I'm basically looking for an L shape with another pair nearby that I can turn into that gap. Ok, I'll give it a try. Hopefully if I can get a few of those with a multiplier, and maybe a dynamite, then I'll be good to go. Thank you, Jelly! ❤️ 

actually it's a reversed L that can be turned clockwise. I usually preferred the upside down L, three blocks on the left and one in the top right. I would bring 2 blocks in from the bottom right. You don't need to have a pair close to it though, if you have plenty of time (in the earlier levels) you can  bring two blocks together first.

Also, I liked having a combo of 6 with an hourglass ready in the bottom left corner of my screen (it can be anywhere though). I would have it like in that screenshot (but different rotation) so that I could get extra time with just one click. Try to save the hourglasses that give extra time for when you need them or when there are more than enough. If you do have a dynamite, clear out the other colors first so you have a big combo. If you have a multiplier, bring that up to your dynamite to get lots of points. I believe that blocks with powerup don't get destroyed when you clear a dynamite block, but can't remember (and I'm not about to go and play it again to check it).

In the later levels I didn't bother making big combo's anymore, I just tried to make as much squares as I could even if most of them were 2x2. I'm not really good at this game, so people that are good at it might have better tips.

14 minutes ago, Duma said:

Try to save the hourglasses that give extra time for when you need them or when there are more than enough. If you do have a dynamite, clear out the other colors first so you have a big combo. If you have a multiplier, bring that up to your dynamite to get lots of points. I believe that blocks with powerup don't get destroyed when you clear a dynamite block, but can't remember (and I'm not about to go and play it again to check it).

In the later levels I didn't bother making big combo's anymore, I just tried to make as much squares as I could even if most of them were 2x2. I'm not really good at this game, so people that are good at it might have better tips.

This is exactly what I did. I saved my hourglasses for then when I really (!!!) needed them, and thankfully had accumulated quite a few by then. I definitely tried to pair the dynamite with multipliers (even more than one, if possible!), which made a HUGE difference, although sometimes I accidentally cleared a combo before getting the correct blocks in place. And once the time started running out I just made combos like crazy. I was already looking for a new one while clicking the current one so that I didn't fall behind. 

And you're right that dynamite doesn't clear powerup blocks (dynamite, multiplier, locked squares) unless they are actually part of the combo that you form. That was annoying--although sometimes nice that you didn't lose all your dynamites in one go! 

Today's is easy enough, if time-consuming. I got the score pretty easily.

Here's my strategy: play Numbers, make plenty of small combos to rack up gold tiles (but don't use them yet!), then when the scroll at the top is nearly completely unfurled, use as many gold tiles as you can to rack up a really long chain. I got a chain worth 81900 points by doing this.

The scorchio wig prize . . .

The Tuskaninny who's modelling it on JN looks like Ron Wesley.  ?

image.png.12544f4e88cc4a1109224d93632b7439.png

Also I seem to have gained yet another mystery background!

Seems it's a final thing for playing Lulu's side of things but there was no neomail about it, it just appeared, poof!

Pretty though!

mall_bg_terracebeach_view.gif Terrace and Beach View BG

5.png

3 hours ago, Duskitty said:

Is today the last day? I've heard rumours that it is.

Is it really? There is still an empty space!

I am going to wait up until it switches to tomorrow. I hopw there is one more day. On the other hand maybe it would be in my best interst if it is the last day. So far I managed to complete each game on day of release with a winning score. I would feel awful if for some reason I could not complete or beat the last game. OK I just talked myself out of havin an extra day. LOL

Well the prizes are posted. Yes, it's over but I actually had some fun doing a site deal since the Wraith ordeal. Sorta sad to see this one end! I am now going to admire my new SILVER trophy

OK I just made a discovery that everyone else may know of but it's news to me. If you click on a Daily Dare Trophy (doesn't seem to matter what year) it opens a window and gives you information about that Daily Dare. I found it also worked when I clicked on the Obelisk War. Since I don't have a lot of Site Event Trophies who knows what you may be able to discover with your own trophies. Sorry for the excitement but this was new for me.

Edited by Granny63020
update

5 minutes ago, Propheticalll said:

So, I got the avatar as well.

I thought it was retired?  ? 

Capture.PNG

Oh you are so lucky! I wish I had beat AAA enough to have got the avatar. Darn it!

PSA: the prizes are VERY bugged right now. Avoid collecting yours until TNT fixes them.

List of known glitches:

• if you accessed the DD page immediately after midnight and got a blank page, you will receive last year's prizes (Chadley themed).
  • you may receive duplicates or even triplicates of this year's prizes, not sure how that happens
  • if you got silver, you may not get the background
  • if you got that blank page and Chadley prizes, you also won't get the avatar for some reason
  • you may be awarded with the Chadley site theme

My advice would be to wait until TNT fixes things to collect your prizes - and definitely don't sell last year's prizes or your duplicate prizes if you got them; I wouldn't risk being frozen because TNT thinks you 'exploited' a glitch.

I got the Chadley site theme, lol.

Another interesting glitch, check out the dates on my participation trophies . . .

image.png.d51bc91f17266b4299d8ad3110c1c933.png

There's just no limit to the bork JS can create, is there. ?

Also, that slushie is a total choking hazard and should be recalled immediately. I mean JS clearly think we're all 5 years old, what are they thinking releasing something like that! :laugh:

This was a good Daily Dare... by JS standards, that is. We got a couple of nice wearables (I especially love the AAA glasses) and I'm just glad the scores to beat were actually challenging this year.

Not sure how I feel about the avatar being rereleased after so many years though. I mean, I'd always wanted it, but at the same time I prefer when some things remain retired. Makes them feel more special :P

Update: I was one of those who received no avatar, the site theme, this year's gold trophy, 3x this year's prizes, and last year's prizes. Now I have the avatar and they've removed my triplicates... except I still have 3 of the charm for some reason and I still have last year's prizes, plus the site theme (though I'm fairly sure I had the site theme from a while ago?)

I love this year's trophy! (Although I'm lol'ing about @jellysundae's from last year...Y18 twice in a row?? xD )

I'm also super excited about the avatar! I'm sure some people may be annoyed about a retired avatar being re-released, but I always liked this one and am happy to have it now!

1 hour ago, Hanso said:

This was a good Daily Dare... by JS standards, that is. We got a couple of nice wearables (I especially love the AAA glasses) and I'm just glad the scores to beat were actually challenging this year.

Not sure how I feel about the avatar being rereleased after so many years though. I mean, I'd always wanted it, but at the same time I prefer when some things remain retired. Makes them feel more special :P

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!!  I like a lot of the prizes and I think a lot of the scores for the games were harder to get.  I mean, one of the scores was a reviewable score. Come on now!  LOL.  It makes me feel I really earned AAA prizes this year.  I agree about the avvie too.  Of course I want the retired the avvies I did not get before when I was here, but oh so naïve.  But then again, I don't think it's right when an avvie that I'VE worked hard for, and is then retired, is brought back again.  Therefore, I don't think it should be done for me either.  When an avvie is retired, it IS more special, you're right. 

50 minutes ago, Duskitty said:

Update: I was one of those who received no avatar, the site theme, this year's gold trophy, 3x this year's prizes, and last year's prizes. Now I have the avatar and they've removed my triplicates... except I still have 3 of the charm for some reason and I still have last year's prizes, plus the site theme (though I'm fairly sure I had the site theme from a while ago?)

Well, I suppose if you are going to have a triplicate of something, the charm is a good one to have:blush:. At least they fixed your avatar, now THAT'S important.  LOL.  I am thinking the same thing about the site theme.  They need to get more creative.  Stop bringing back retired avvies and get some new site themes.

3 hours ago, Propheticalll said:

So, I got the avatar as well.

I thought it was retired?  ? 

Capture.PNG

I got the avatar too.  I didn't know there was an avatar too until you said something.  While I LOVE the prizes this year, leave it to JS to bring back, yet another, retired avatar.  (Where is my fiendish formations avvie JS?:angry:)

1 hour ago, Hanso said:

Considering the yearly debacle with the CC avatar, I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't change yet. :ph34r:

Also I'm SUPER entertained by the fact that the Chadley site theme looks like it's made from CHEESE. I really hope that was intentional because it's so very apt.?

@kayahtik my trophies were right until I got this year's. I just . . . How can uploading this year's swap last year's out with the one from the year before? *mind boggles* :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Angeló said:

was the avatar given to Gold Trophy players only ?

cuz i got Silver and i didn't get the avatar

Here is the criteria for getting the "AAA" avatar:

Challenging and beating AAA at least 15 times during the 2018 Daily Dare.

So, Silver Trophy players could have gotten the avatar, provided they met the criteria above.