Daily Dare 2018 Has Begun!

Mouseykins

i used to get 2000 + in this game easy .. i've been playing for an hour and I can't get past 600 .. the shot upgrades have become so rare and far in between and the green and blue enemies have vastly increased in numbers in the first levels .. even when I manage to get the red or pink shot there are no upgrades .. the only shots i get after that are blue and green .. 

19 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i used to get 2000 + in this game easy .. i've been playing for an hour and I can't get past 600 .. the shot upgrades have become so rare and far in between and the green and blue enemies have vastly increased in numbers in the first levels .. even when I manage to get the red or pink shot there are no upgrades .. the only shots i get after that are blue and green .. 

I really think it's just bad luck, I mostly got purple shot updates, and I managed to get four of them in a row in a very short time span.

it never happened to me before , this was one of my easiest daily 3k games 

i played for 2 hrs until i finally managed to get 4 pink orbs and scored 1300 

Got 353k on my first try (on Hard). Definitely pretty easy this time around.

I do actually really like Nova Defender... I'm very out of practice though

Oh man am I struggling with Nova defender... I've tried on hard, on easy, on normal.  I think I'm just not coordinated enough.  Boo!  Hiss!

Edit:  Whelp, I did it the very next try.  LOL  I'm on all Abigail this time, and I really don't like that foreground of AAA's.  Phew!

Edited by LillytheGrundo
Update

I was about to give up on getting AAA's score and had decided to just go for Abi, when I read this advice on the Neoboards (curtousey of Neopets user geneames1):

on level one: circle the novas like you are rounding them up. Get under them and shoot. Repeat. On level 2: circle the novas like you're rounding them up. Keep circling til the gem thing appears in the center. Pick it up, take them all out. Circle again til all novas have reappeared; activate shield, take them all out.

Let yourself lose a life. Repeat level 2 the same way. You should have pretty close to the score you need.

I actually managed to get AAA's score after trying this only 2 or 3 times (which, compared to how much time I just spent on the game, is really good :P).

7 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Keep circling til the gem thing appears in the center.

What is this gem thing? Is it the purple gem? Does it just appear on its own? I thought you had to shoot a nova to get it D: 

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to give this a try. So far my highest score is 169k. Bleh. 

Just now, kayahtik said:

What is this gem thing? Is it the purple gem? Does it just appear on its own? I thought you had to shoot a nova to get it D: 

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to give this a try. So far my highest score is 169k. Bleh. 

It's a red-purple-ish gem thing that appears (without having to do anything) in the center of the 2nd level after a while.

Good luck! (Before I tried this, my highest score was 166k and I was literally already typing a post about giving up an going for Abi. So there's still hope! :D)

It looks like some of the games for DD have been changed, like tomorrow's (Day 15) and Day 18. Not quite sure why. Again, I've hidden them, just in case someone likes to be surprised:

Day 15: Turmac Roll
Day 16: Goparokko
Day 17: Fly Catcher
Day 18: Spellseeker
Day 19: Caves and Corridors
Day 20: Volcano Run II

6 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

It looks like some of the games for DD have been changed, like tomorrow's (Day 15) and Day 18. Not quite sure why. Again, I've hidden them, just in case someone likes to be surprised:

i like the changes ... these two new games are in my favorites :) 

Hide contents

Today's is pretty luck based. Play on Hard and make sure you're going at top speed at all times (double-tap the right arrow key).

I got the score first try because I was lucky enough to get two juicy berries in the same run.

1 hour ago, Duskitty said:

Today's is pretty luck based. Play on Hard and make sure you're going at top speed at all times (double-tap the right arrow key).

I got the score first try because I was lucky enough to get two juicy berries in the same run.

I'm beginning to get the feeling you're just really good at games. ?

(I just got 2 fishberries and one jumbleberry on hard and still managed to die with a score below 400. ?)

Like Duskitty said: Play on hard! The game isn't harder but you get a lot more points. Also don't hold down the right arrow key, it will mess it up. Just tap it at the start and tap it some more on spots were you don't need to jump or if you ended up in the mud.

Other than luck with the berries and easy obstacles the only thing you can do is learn the patterns. There are things that will always follow each other, so if you see them you know what you'll get for the next obstacle. Also try to learn the best positions to jump (start of a hill, higher up on the hill, just roll on the hill without jumping). The hardest part for me (and it has been since the start) is the 3 tree combination. I know when it's coming, I know what 2 spots I can jump to get over them (right in front of the first little one will make you jump over all three OR just in front of the root of the little one with an extra jump on the big tree) but for some reason half of the time I mess it up. Once you get to 3k point this game starts to speed up with the obstacles and it becomes really hard! (Luckily we don't need that many points :P)

Oh, don't focus on the berries too much, of course it's nice to get many points fast and really frustrating to miss the high point berries, but you'll get more points if you can just keep on rolling! The berries will keep coming. Unless you get the aquaberry (blue pearlike berry) or you're almost at the score you want it won't give you enough points anyway.

Another way to get the score is just restart a lot until you get unguberries (the dried out cherries) or Aquaberries right at the start.

5 hours ago, Nielo said:

I'm beginning to get the feeling you're just really good at games. ?

I mean... I'd like to say that I'm good at games considering that I've confidently been able to go for AAA's score for every game so far, but I still feel like it's mostly just perseverance and an average amount of skill, lol.

Today's game really was just luck, though - I had practiced for a bit beforehand and only on one occasion did I reach 900 points. Juicy berries are worth a fair bit which gave me a big boost.

Edit: I played like 20 more times and couldn't get anywhere close, so yes, it was just luck lol

3 hours ago, Duskitty said:

I mean... I'd like to say that I'm good at games considering that I've confidently been able to go for AAA's score for every game so far, but I still feel like it's mostly just perseverance and an average amount of skill, lol.

Today's game really was just luck, though - I had practiced for a bit beforehand and only on one occasion did I reach 900 points. Juicy berries are worth a fair bit which gave me a big boost.

Edit: I played like 20 more times and couldn't get anywhere close, so yes, it was just luck lol

I think it's at least a slightly above average amount of skill, if you've confidently challenged AAA every day. I'd say that most people don't manage that, despite perseverance. ?
(I'd like to think I've got an average amount of skill, but Zurroball beat me, and there were quite a few games where I wasn't at all certain I'd ever reach AAA's score. I've never gotten gold on a DD, but I feel like I've improved somewhat over the years; going for AAA's score more often than I used to, but last year Barf Boat did me in, and this year it was Zurroball.)

I'm not a fan of luck based games, since they can take forever (or just one try). XD

5 hours ago, Vlagopus said:

My prizes today aren't appearing in the inventory, is anyone else having the same problem?

I tried to submit a ticket but it didn't work ? Any suggestion on what I should do?

I've seen people on the neoboards complain about the same thing, but it appears to be working for some of them now, so it might've been fixed.

Today's is alright when you get the hang of it. Play on Easy if it's not your thing - it gets you points slower, but you're at a far lower risk of running out of time.

I have a score of 6018 on Goparokko, sat waiting for me to find a partner. =3

I play on Medium, there's way more chances of making blocks of 6 and it doesn't take so long to get the required score that you'd ready to throw yourself under a bus before you reach it!