Daily Dare 2018 Has Begun!

Mouseykins

10 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

EDIT: @jellysundae, maybe they should call it Super Trolling Hasee Bounce, instead!

HA! Most definitely!!! I said, in this very thread, that I liked Super Hasee Bounce . . . that was before I had to try for a specific score!  lol.gif Everyone's comments in here about it make it pretty plain that it's a game out to make you gnash your teeth, lol.

And it's Zurroball today is it? Joy . . . I might not even go near it, I've already forfeited anything other than a participation prize because of Meerca Chase, so I feel no need to inflict needless :grrr: on myself with Zurroball! Having to play it for the Top Gamer avatar was painful enough.

image.png.f0c29b71aed9eb26666be77adff52841.pngcough.gif

I don't usually play Zurroball much, but I found this helped me beat AAA's score (I got 113 using the energy ball and on a laptop with a trackpad lol :) )

1. Count in your mind after each time you click the ball - I know this sounds odd, but it really made a huge difference. It helped me set a pace and rhythm to the clicks and I got the score pretty quickly. It also had a calming effect that helped with focus

2. Play with the sound off - again less distractions to be had.

3. I positioned my cursor around the red line where the combos you do get posted. Although it took longer than going for grounders to get the score, it helped set that rhythm and made where the ball was going to go more predictable and controllable. 

4. I slowly moved the ball towards a wall once the score was reasonably high (around 60) 

I hope this helps! 

3 hours ago, palczek said:

I don't usually play Zurroball much, but I found this helped me beat AAA's score (I got 113 using the energy ball and on a laptop with a trackpad lol :) )

1. Count in your mind after each time you click the ball - I know this sounds odd, but it really made a huge difference. It helped me set a pace and rhythm to the clicks and I got the score pretty quickly. It also had a calming effect that helped with focus

2. Play with the sound off - again less distractions to be had.

3. I positioned my cursor around the red line where the combos you do get posted. Although it took longer than going for grounders to get the score, it helped set that rhythm and made where the ball was going to go more predictable and controllable. 

4. I slowly moved the ball towards a wall once the score was reasonably high (around 60) 

I hope this helps! 

After I read the guide I tried using the Grundo and I did pretty well (for me). I was only getting 18 - 19 points though and I just couldn't get that last point so I switched over to the energy ball and I just kept clicking as it came down. I was so surprised that I got a score of 36. I wish I had waited to chose who to beat because now I think I could have beat AAA had I played a few more times (maybe not). I've not played before but the guide and the the game instructions were very helpful. The tips you have listed are exactly the way I did it!

Today's probably the easiest dare so far. (Though to be fair, I play this game on Hard semi regularly and my high score is nearly double that of AAA's.)

I recommend playing on Medium as you can probably score around 500-550 if you're quick enough.

I don't have the time to put into beating AAA's scores this year, so I'm all Abigail.  Which I am completely fine with because so far I like her prizes better.  In fact, today I easily beat AAA's score but I like that Kou Jong Rubics Cube better so I challenged Abigail anyway.  :D   Although, Zurroball almost made me throw my lap top....

I'm looking for a partner for today's Kou-Jong Team Challenge (AAA). Message me soon on Neopets please.  

EDIT: Mods, I just realized there is a separate thread for this game. I hope it's OK to post this request there too. 

EDIT 2: Partner found and completed. 

On 5/3/2018 at 7:31 AM, jellysundae said:

image.png.f0c29b71aed9eb26666be77adff52841.pngcough.gif

@jellysundae that's how I feel.

My internet went wack two days ago. I was finally able to get back on this afternoon. I haven't tried Hassee Bounce yet, but my Zurroball high score is 1. I don't even know how I got that! I can't figure out how to click the ball. It just drops right across my screen while laughing at me from the other side of the screen.

I wanted to at least try for a silver trophy this year. I am frustrated that I won't accomplish that. I don't feel bad about it though. I am glad that the games are challenging. I just see it as I need to get better for next year!

I'm struggling with the current game 'rock rampage', I'm using an apple keyboard (Small arrow keys) and i wear long nail extensions, making it very difficult to play. WASD is much easier for me but they dont have an option to swith so for other game i would use two hands to play but in those games the arrow keys were the only keys you had to use. Any tips to get to 800 because im only getting like 150 points

Today's game is weird. I recommend using the code 'novisitors' on level 6 and farming the enemies as the guide suggests, it'll rack up a ton of points.

This is one of the games that kinda takes getting used to/learning the level pattern, so don't feel bad if you can't get the score right away.

I honestly have no idea what I'm gonna do about tomorrow's game. It's impossible to get a decent score on Nova Defender if you're a touchpad user, and to make things worse, my down arrow key is broken. Unless AAA's score is extremely low, I'm doomed :P

11 hours ago, Hanso said:

I honestly have no idea what I'm gonna do about tomorrow's game. It's impossible to get a decent score on Nova Defender if you're a touchpad user, and to make things worse, my down arrow key is broken. Unless AAA's score is extremely low, I'm doomed :P

You can use WASD to move. Unfortunately, not much can be done about the trackpad. Good luck with that!

12 hours ago, Hanso said:

For now, you should be ok, as tomorrow's game is:

screen11.png

You do still have time to practice for Nova Defender. But, don't get too comfortable because it will happen on:

screen13.png

2 hours ago, Duskitty said:

You can use WASD to move. 

Hmm, are you sure? I just gave it a try and apparently WASD is for shooting, and for some reason I can't move when I shoot with those keys (I can move just fine while shooting with the arrow keys) :ph34r: Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

On 4/27/2018 at 10:42 PM, WhiteWolf said:

If the Wraith Resurgence is basically gone, why am I still getting that darn purple haze?

I mean, that was your choice to not do the hazes xD I don't have any, everyone had the choice to get rid of it. Most people did to get rid of the lag.

Also someone had posted what all the games each day were going to be, does anyone have that? I can't find who posted it :/

2 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I mean, that was your choice to not do the hazes xD I don't have any, everyone had the choice to get rid of it. Most people did to get rid of the lag.

Also someone had posted what all the games each day were going to be, does anyone have that? I can't find who posted it :/

I posted them on the first page of this topic. I also hid the comments, in case someone didn't want to know what the games were going to be, beforehand, so my post is the one with the "hidden comments". Hanso also posted them on the 4th page of this topic. His has hidden comments, too.

Just now, Scoobert_Doo said:

I posted them on the first page of this topic. I also hid the comments, in case someone didn't want to know what the games were going to be, beforehand, so my post is the one with the "hidden comments". Hanso also posted them on the 4th page of this topic. His has hidden comments, too.

I JUST found them as after I posted this RIP, was going to delete my post before anyone responded. 

You too fast Scoobert xD lol

1 minute ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I JUST found them as after I posted this RIP, was going to delete my post before anyone responded. 

You too fast Scoobert xD lol

I grabbed the list of games from a post on the "Site Events" Neoboard. I think a few of the days are mixed up. If you want to be sure, use the following link. Just change the "screen1.png" at the end, to the day of the DD you are looking for. So, if you are wanting to know what game is for Day 10, for example, you'd change "screen1.png" to "screen10.png":

https://images.neopets.com/games/aaa/dailydare/2018/map/screen1.png

im actually good with pterattack

but let's see AAA score first

it's Parliament Elections Day in my country and I'm up since 7 AM .. (it's now 7:40) watching the news 

i will go vote in the afternoon so i have plenty of time to play Pterattack for AAA score :D 

1 minute ago, Angeló said:

im actually good with pterattack

but let's see AAA score first

it's Parliament Elections Day in my country and I'm up since 7 AM .. (it's now 7:40) watching the news 

i will go vote in the afternoon so i have plenty of time to play Pterattack for AAA score :D 

Yeah I'm not too concerned about Pterattack and the day after is Dungeon Dash. The one that really got me was Zurroball, but I beat it using the exploit that Jellyneo talks about in their article. Saved my butt I tell ya!

3 hours ago, Hanso said:

Hmm, are you sure? I just gave it a try and apparently WASD is for shooting, and for some reason I can't move when I shoot with those keys (I can move just fine while shooting with the arrow keys) :ph34r: Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Yeah, unfortunately, you still have to use the mouse or track pad to move the Nova. WASD or the arrow keys will just direct the direction of how the Nova fires - either up, down, left or right.

38 minutes ago, Angeló said:

they nerfed the game !!!

im hardly getting any shot updates at all !!!!!

UH OH! It's a 5 exclamation point alarm from @Angeló :ph34r:

:heart:

I'm very bad at this game, so it's likely to be another that I don't even attempt, especially after this bit of info! :arrowhead:

Incidentally, according to Terry Pratchett, using 5 exclamation marks is a sure sign of someone who wears their underpants on their head. :P

55 minutes ago, Angeló said:

they nerfed the game !!!

im hardly getting any shot updates at all !!!!!

Maybe just bad luck? I have very bad memories of this game from a previous challenge, where it took me forever to get the score and I just remember being very frustrated with this game in general, so I feared the worst for today, but I got AAA's score in less than 10 minutes, with plenty of shot updates.

Yeah, my bad, it's WASD to shoot, not move. Still a good alternative if your arrow key(s) are broken.

As for Pterattack, it's very much RNG based. Sometimes I get a shot upgrade immediately and sometimes I don't get one for like, 3 levels.
Just keep restarting until you can get a shot upgrade early on and it should be easy enough.