What Did You Just Buy?

Naamah D.

This is a thread to post your latest real life purchases. It can be anything from video games to huge clothes shopping sprees. I bought new pajamas and clothes recently. 

About 2 weeks ago I bought a new printer and it's such an improvement from my old one!

This weeks shopping trip was a little different than normal grocery shopping. My youngest was in desperate need of leggings so I got her a few. My oldest needed to rain/muck boots and her Dad picked out some nice tall ones with rainbow flowers and they looked so pretty! Now they need to be cleaned :laugh:  Since last year my middle monster has been wearing her big sister's school sneakers that are about a size or so too big for her feet and they've got holes starting in the toes from being rubbed on things. She got new sneakers in a similar style. She wanted Frozen light-up sneakers but they're so heavy she'd be clunking around in them. The store also had Frozen ballet flats that she wanted, but they were not in her size so she couldn't get them.

Sometime this week I plan to order a couple of vintage style dresses from Amazon. I'm not normally a dress person but these ones I liked and they're decently priced too so I can't really complain.

Food *blushes*  

But I did get a decent set of student-quality oil paint to play around with.  I'll have to start playing around with them at some point soon.  I've only ever used acrylics, and have been wanting to/scared out of my mind to try oils for a while now.

I've been buying lots of things, a house (about 2 months ago), furniture, a printer a new mobile phone as my old one died, lots of plants (including 3 kinds of strawberries) and 2 Russian dwarf hamsters that I named Bubbles and Snuggles. I love those two the most!

Meet Snuggles:

Snuggles.jpg

And Bubbles:

Bubbles.jpg

Most of these things I bought this month. I'll be buying lots of other things next coming months as I still need some more furniture and I would like 2 kittens (They will be named Yuki and Yoru, since I want to find a white and a black one). I'll have to buy stuff to take care of those pets too.

I bough a cheap (but surprisingly good quality) phone case. I gave my nice ottorbox one to my dad since his broke. And I went for one of those Popsocket things. :) 

• 1 year later...

I love to do online shopping so for now I bought makeup and skin essentials for this summer from Nykaa, brown shaded round sunglasses from City sunglass and some loose cottons tops from Amazon. And yes wearing all these new things I will go watch Avengers Endgame with my brother.

I bought a seagull statuette and a movie at a garage sale a few days back. I like how the seagull statuette looks on my desk. ?

I hate to be the depressing one here but bump dots and some low vision aids. Been dealing with mildly failing contrast and light in my vision since last year so they help me get around the house (especially at night when it is usually when I have problems). Glad USPS has a program that ships them free.

On the bright side, I'm still very much an outdoors girl (definitely new challenges to face) but a folding camp table for summer trips. :D (Don't worry, I have parents/friends who can drive for me since I haven't done that until my docs can help me) I already got to test it once. It works great. It sure beats using the back of the car as a table for food. 

I also got a few of those fancy Japanese Kuru Toga mechanical pencils that spins the graphite as you write so you don't end up getting thick lines. They work great, and I've been drawing with them. ?

IMG_20190417_113810.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Had a gathering with some friends from work so I bought lots of these!

Right now we're on a work trip with five people and two of them are leaving the team next week, so we thought we should have a little throwaway party ?
One of them is now one of my closest friends so I'll be sad to not see him every day from now on ?

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-28 at 08.24.55.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought an Alice in Wonderland shirt a while back, but recently got a tea mug with the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland on it. I've been using it daily, so I'm glad I purchased it. Most recent thing I bought was some dumbbells, for my wrist therapy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...