Charity Corner 2018: Perks Shop Opens!

hrtbrk

9 hours ago, ranga_muffin said:

the avatar and theme perks are random. there is a list from which you receive one though, so (esp for the avatar one) you can look in advance (FAQs) and decide if you want to spend the points. For example, I got the royal-korbat avatar because all the rest available were clickables and mutant graveyard of doom II which I already have, so if you have the clickables you'll probably get the same as me. 

the site themes are glitching apparently, so although we only apply the perk once, we get two different themes. I got tale of woe (pretty happy), and mysterious obelisk turned up too. 

I am okay with the perks, some are good, some are meh but that's to be expected. I want to use colour it wild, but I can't decide what colour and which if my pets to choose, and pet images won't load for me to compare etc.

I also got the random event one and I got a magical plum chia pop! That I am very pleased about!

Yes, I was joking about that.  Most people who have followed my posts know how bitter I am over that avatar.  LOL.  As far as the available avatars, they are ones I already have and ones that are pretty much available to get easy without spending points.  Just like the purple site theme.  Who would actually spend points on that? I mean, I am pretty sure that is still available.  I may choose the random events perk.  That one sounds pretty good.  Is there any chance of getting more than 1 RE in a day? LOL.  Yep, I'm greedy. :angry: LOL

5 hours ago, Vlagopus said:

I'm wondering the same. Would be great if I can use a cheaper morphing potion to get the colour I want, then use the perk to turn it into a painted limited edition pet

I decided to give it a try. The pet keeps it's color! I bought a cheap desert potion. For under 40,000 np I got my desert Lutari!!!!

Congrats @babayaga67!!

The JN guide says this about the Limited Edition perk.

Heads up! It's currently unknown what will happen if the colour of your existing pet is not available for the new species you choose. (For example, Biscuit Lutaris do not exist. If you convert an existing Biscuit Neopet to Lutari, we currently do not know what will happen.)

I'd have thought it would be a safe bet that NOTHING would happen and you just wasted your perk. Wouldn't you say? I feel sorry for the people who test this and find that out.

@jellysundae I wasn't going to try that. There were only two pets that I wanted. A mutant poogle and a desert lutari. Poogles aren't a limited edition pet, so the lutari was the only other one that I as willing to try. Desert Lutaris or desert paint brushes were over 3 million each last time I checked, so I figured 31,000 was worth a gamble. I paid a little over 1% the going price to get one of my dream pets thanks to CC.

I have a new love for Granny, and I completely understand what @Angeló meant when he said that Granny had his soul. I am so much more excited for next years CC than I thought I would be.

I am happy with this new format, and interested to see if it continues this way. I'm relieved that the perks aren't all rubbish, too. xD

When the event was going on, I didn't think I would like this for the next years, but these perks make all the difference!

I hope they keep this format, if they do I am going to put a lot more time and effort into it next year! And seeing as some perks last the whole year I really hope we can pick them again next year too!

Well I thought one of the perks would be an avatar. Of course they don't let us pick which one. So after I spent 2 hours last night trying to choose which one I'd want, I 'randomly' got the male royal korbat avatar...  . Same with the site theme. This would have been so much better if we could choose what we wanted. but *sigh* Oh well.

Beyond that, I don't know what else to spend my points on yet. Most of the other options are meh. Anyone here plays Train your Dragon though? Because I'm considering it to get the redemption codes option. That might pay off in rare stamps or weaponry hopefully... 

1 hour ago, babayaga67 said:

@jellysundae I wasn't going to try that. There were only two pets that I wanted. A mutant poogle and a desert lutari. Poogles aren't a limited edition pet, so the lutari was the only other one that I as willing to try. Desert Lutaris or desert paint brushes were over 3 million each last time I checked, so I figured 31,000 was worth a gamble. I paid a little over 1% the going price to get one of my dream pets thanks to CC.

I have a new love for Granny, and I completely understand what @Angeló meant when he said that Granny had his soul. I am so much more excited for next years CC than I thought I would be.

I'm pretty sure Poogles are still limited edition pets (but the Red Poogle MP is super common, so perhaps they feel less "limited edition" these days. :))

13 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

Well I thought one of the perks would be an avatar. Of course they don't let us pick which one. So after I spent 2 hours last night trying to choose which one I'd want, I 'randomly' got the male royal korbat avatar...  . Same with the site theme. This would have been so much better if we could choose what we wanted. but *sigh* Oh well.

Beyond that, I don't know what else to spend my points on yet. Most of the other options are meh. Anyone here plays Train your Dragon though? Because I'm considering it to get the redemption codes option. That might pay off in rare stamps or weaponry hopefully... 

Yeah, those perks can come with some annoying surprises they could (should) have been clearer about in the descriptions. (It's usually a good idea to check the (neo)boards/guides before doing/picking anything.)
I'm sure someone will be trying (and posting about) the Train Your Dragon perk once it becomes available. :)

35 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

Just think of it this way: If they keep doing this format and these perks in the future, eventually you will have all of those from the list! And if you do have them all, well, more points for other perks, right?

I still need 4 site themes from the list they have now, so if this stays, and I get all the new site themes by participating with everything, I will eventually, hopefully, be able to get them all! :D

20 minutes ago, Duma said:

I still need 4 site themes from the list they have now, so if this stays, and I get all the new site themes by participating with everything, I will eventually, hopefully, be able to get them all! :D

That's a very good point, I'd not considered that!

Got the royal usuki avatar. Pretty great to be able to have both of them now, it always bothered me that it was unobtainable in the list of clickable avatars.

Also, wondering what to do with my 6000 points... Thinking I'd take the stock market boon and battledome stat increaser, but I'm not 100% sure yet...

I SO nearly went and got the 2nd Royal avatar, my finger was hovering over the button, then WAIT, NOOO, STAHP!!

*breathes*

I realised that if I used this perk now it would probably troll me by giving me the CC avatar as I've not received it yet. :arrowhead:

49 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I SO nearly went and got the 2nd Royal avatar, my finger was hovering over the button, then WAIT, NOOO, STAHP!!

*breathes*

I realised that if I used this perk now it would probably troll me by giving me the CC avatar as I've not received it yet. :arrowhead:

I don't think that's one of the options.

http://www.neopets.com/help.phtml?folderID=2599

However, you DO need to make sure you've got that darn emo shopkeeper one.

Speaking of the list of options, does TDN have any plans to add a sort to the avatar checklist to check what you have against that list?  Obviously everyone is missing at least one of the royal korbat ones, but it'd be nice to make sure I don't have any obvious blunders.

41 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

However, you DO need to make sure you've got that darn emo shopkeeper one.

I DO have the emo shopkeeper avatar, though she's NOT in my shop! :lmaosmiley:

Got rid of her as soon as I got the avatar, you keep the avie as long as you don't view your shop front which is fine because I never do that.

44 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

ISpeaking of the list of options, does TDN have any plans to add a sort to the avatar checklist to check what you have against that list?  Obviously everyone is missing at least one of the royal korbat ones, but it'd be nice to make sure I don't have any obvious blunders.

You can already do this by importing your avatars and then checking the Clickable category to see what you have missing.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I DO have the emo shopkeeper avatar, though she's NOT in my shop! :lmaosmiley:

Got rid of her as soon as I got the avatar, you keep the avie as long as you don't view your shop front which is fine because I never do that.

the CC avatar is not on the list of avatars you can get from this perk

btw I love my Elizagoth shopkeeper , she's cute & funny :skull: 

2 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

You can already do this by importing your avatars and then checking the Clickable category to see what you have missing.

Is the list for the boon ONLY the clickable ones?  I thought someone said somewhere that it was clickable plus someone else, like an easy game one or something.  I haven't taken the time to completely cross reference the list.

So basically, anyone who bothers to get this boon has probably gotten all the clickable ones, so this boon is a "the other Korbat-Royal avatar" boon.

Since I started on Neopets, I’ve never received a fountain faerie quest. I’ve been waiting for a Chocolate grundo and now (I think) I can get one?

EIGHTEEN YEARS IVE BEEN WAITING TO PAINT A PET.

I hate waiting... coming soon???!! I want that bank interest and those cheap stocks NOW lol ... but seriously, I wonder how 'soon' it really will be?

I also wonder - can you do the RE perk more than once? Finish the 7 days and then do it again?

18 hours ago, babayaga67 said:

I decided to give it a try. The pet keeps it's color! I bought a cheap desert potion. For under 40,000 np I got my desert Lutari!!!!

Congrats @babayaga67!!!! And thanks for letting us know! This perk is almost as good as the much more costly "Colour It Wild!" perk :D I'm so happy hahaha I can't decide between a Maraquan Draik or a Plushie Draik

Edit: Ahhhhh Draik is not included in the perk :( :( :(

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

:dance:

BXfg7w7.png

Was HOPING for this result this morning, but certainly not expecting it, so YAY!!! :D

finally :)

congrats on getting your awards

did you have 0 NP on hand  ? haha

Now I feel like a dope for only bothering to get 21 points haha. I assumed we would just get items as prizes. Trying to decide which theme to get, since I missed quite a few old plots on this account.