So, them perks . . . what are you hoping for?

jellysundae

I've got NO IDEA what to expect with these! Have you guys?

I guess there's so many directions they could go in, and my brain's overwhelmed just trying to think about what they might be, lol.

I initially thought whatever you get might last until the next CC, then you'd earn new ones. I still like the idea of this but a year or more seems an awfully long time to give extra benefits away to the entire userbase, so I've changed my mind about that now.

So now I'm thinking a perk will last a set amount of time, or have a set amount of uses, that seems more reasonable I think.

I did briefly wonder about gaining Premium benefits for a while, then I realised that that would be 100% unfair to people who've paid RL money for those benefits, because not only had they paid for them, but while other people would be gaining them for free, Premium members wouldn't be getting anything as they already have them, so I scrapped that idea, lol! Whatever these perks are they need to be fair across the board.

So what is there out there that's available? Hopefully they won't consist of any of the stuff already in place for Obelisk Boons, I'm not sure what else is left . . .

Something to do with FFQs, maybe?

What are you guys hoping for?

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Whatever these perks are they need to be fair across the board.

Too bad that's not always how TNT operates, lol. I could see something like 10 SSW searches per day for non-premium members, or something like that. As a paying premium member, that wouldn't bother me if it were something along those lines, since it's only one of the premium perks (the most useful one!) and it's got some sort of limit on it. 

I've seen some speculation that it'll have something to do with our pets (since the images have been broken, people think updates are being made to them)--something along the lines of un-converting a pet or changing its name. I don't think that's realistic, but you know how Neopians are with their self-generated rumors, lol. More realistically, I could see them giving a free dip in the Rainbow Pool for a certain number of points. 

These are all just things I've heard from other people though. tbh I have no idea what to expect, and as usual, I'm keeping my expectations low. I'm quite happy with the 250NC I got, plus the book, the trophy, and the avatar. The perks are more of a bonus to me at this point. 

33 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

but you know how Neopians are with their self-generated rumors, lol.

OH yes! lol. I've seen those wildly silly things people are hoping for and just rolled my eyes. I'm just hoping that whatever the perks are, they're not completely underwhelming.

I wondered about maybe being able to submit more that 3 scores per game, that seems realistic.

OFC this is all moot for me right now as I've not even got my prizes yet. >_<

1 minute ago, vaughanzifnab said:

What if you didn't receive an email?  I recorded over 13000 points and didn't get  anything.

I have 28,000 points and I've not got my Neomail yet either. Not time to start worrying just yet though, I don't think. I'm going to give it another day or two before I start actively thinking about sending a ticket in.

I think anyone hoping for an un-converter or a name changer is just setting themselves up for disappointment... It would be great if I were wrong, but really, what reason do we have to expect something amazing? I think even a dip in the rainbow fountain might be too much, because people buy FQCs for that. But of course, if that does turn out to be a boon, I won't be complaining! :P

So, I haven't thought too much about what the boons might be... I also didn't invest in this event - I just donated what I already had, so if the boons turn out to be lame, I won't be particularly upset. I did this mostly for the trophy + avatar (and the opportunity to get rid of all my r101 junk).

If I were to suggest a boon, I think perhaps a dip in the fountain for petpets would be interesting... And to keep things sort of balanced, only original (non-labbed) petpets would be eligible. (I'm not actually expecting this, it's just an idea that came to me, lol)

Anyone with Gold should be given a free instant support ticket email for a one-time-only instant answer or response to a ticket. (that's the dream)

I think avatars are a must, and a junk NC background full of our stockpiled crap would be amazing haha.

59 minutes ago, SpideyLuc said:

Anyone with Gold should be given a free instant support ticket email for a one-time-only instant answer or response to a ticket. (that's the dream)

More like a nightmare really. The reality would probably be an auto-generated stock response saying nothing could be done about the problem and closing the ticket.

Signed by Rico.

:ph34r:

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

More like a nightmare really. The reality would probably be an auto-generated stock response saying nothing could be done about the problem and closing the ticket.

Signed by Rico.

:ph34r:

LOL! Why would I spend my CC prize points on that when that exact thing already happened to me for free? xD

I suppose we could guess all day but what if they extend it into................drumroll...........................the Festival of Neggs?!!!  The Negg faerie was kidnapped and possessed during the plot, and granny was collecting items so she could buy Easter Neggs for all of Neopia, and now we have to search around Neopia for the missing infirmary patients rather than Neggs................ and..........um............................:axehead:

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

LOL! Why would I spend my CC prize points on that when that exact thing already happened to me for free? xD

Stop showing off, just because YOU got this amazing  perk way before everybody else! :hmmph:

2 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

I suppose we could guess all day but what if they extend it into................drumroll...........................the Festival of Neggs?!!!  The Negg faerie was kidnapped and possessed during the plot

Would give them a legit reason for once again using Topsi rather than the Negg Faerie for the festival, wouldn't it!

. . .

Think we could arrange for Topsi to be kidnapped? :ph34r: Though with those dead eyes, prime candidate for being a wraith themselves if you ask me . . .