Last Boss - Kaia's Wand is killing me!!

kjl

That is going to be the easiest way. My top BD pet. He isnt that strong. Here are my stats. 

Level: 134
Health: 266 / 266
Mood: delighted!
Hunger: hungry
Strength: ULTIMATE (227)
Defence: ULTIMATE (229)
Move: LEGENDARY (143)

and I got 1 shot K.O.   So far its taken me 4 days to get him down to 82 HP with throw pillows. However, I have some HT equipment I've been using  so its doing a bit more damage. Tomorrow will be my last day of battle. Just keep at it with throw pillows. Its pretty annoying having to wait out the week but its better than having to constantly start over. 

On 3/26/2018 at 12:13 AM, Kute said:

That is going to be the easiest way. My top BD pet. He isnt that strong. Here are my stats. 

Level: 134
Health: 266 / 266
Mood: delighted!
Hunger: hungry
Strength: ULTIMATE (227)
Defence: ULTIMATE (229)
Move: LEGENDARY (143)

and I got 1 shot K.O.   So far its taken me 4 days to get him down to 82 HP with throw pillows. However, I have some HT equipment I've been using  so its doing a bit more damage. Tomorrow will be my last day of battle. Just keep at it with throw pillows. Its pretty annoying having to wait out the week but its better than having to constantly start over. 

That's way much stronger than mine... Guess I will just have to give that a miss 

One of the best and quickest ways to increase your pets stats is combining training school with faerie quests. You can get fortune cookies for 1 dollar. They last 9 days. 

Another way to have a chance to gain random stat-points, is to do Kitchen Quests on Mystery Island.

http://www.neopets.com/island/kitchen.phtml

You can complete only 10 on-site quests per Neopian day. This includes Kitchen Quests, Snow Faerie Quests and I believe Edna the witch's quest too. The counter resets at midnight NST.

For completing a Kitchen Quest, your prize is pretty random. A stat point can be earned, but "which" is randomly selected. If I recall correctly, the stat point can go to pretty much any pet you have though. Not just your active.

The other prizes range from a pittance of NP, (under 1,000np), and items. Sometimes decent, usually junk. So if you want to try to earn some stat points using the Kitchen Quests, I would say limit how much you are willing to spend on each Kitchen Quest, to about 5,000np or less. Once you've Completed 10 quests, that's all you can do until Midnight NST.

Also, Terror Trove Scratchcards, and other scratchcards from the Kiosk in Happy Valley of Terror Mountain, other than Race to Riches cards, have a chance of awarding a Level up to a Random pet. http://www.neopets.com/winter/kiosk.phtml

The chances aren't great, but since you can scratch 5 scratchcards per day, it's a method worth considering. The cheapest cards to attempt a level raise are, 1st as mentioned above, the Terror Trove scratchcards. And the next, would be the Faeries Fortune Scratchcards. Get 3 UP arrows and win a level. But which pet it's awarded to IS Random. The non-active pet getting the level happens fairly often when I've won levels since creating a second pet.

I hope this is helpful! Best of luck!

21 hours ago, Kute said:

One of the best and quickest ways to increase your pets stats is combining training school with faerie quests. You can get fortune cookies for 1 dollar. They last 9 days. 

Thanks for the advice. When you get a faerie quest, how can I use Shop Wizard to find the item?

2 hours ago, kjl said:

Thanks for the advice. When you get a faerie quest, how can I use Shop Wizard to find the item?

You can't. You can either use a side account or ask other people to look for you. TDN has a topic for faerie quests and most of the time you get a reply pretty quickly. :)

23 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Another way to have a chance to gain random stat-points, is to do Kitchen Quests on Mystery Island.

http://www.neopets.com/island/kitchen.phtml

You can complete only 10 on-site quests per Neopian day. This includes Kitchen Quests, Snow Faerie Quests and I believe Edna the witch's quest too. The counter resets at midnight NST.

For completing a Kitchen Quest, your prize is pretty random. A stat point can be earned, but "which" is randomly selected. If I recall correctly, the stat point can go to pretty much any pet you have though. Not just your active.

The other prizes range from a pittance of NP, (under 1,000np), and items. Sometimes decent, usually junk. So if you want to try to earn some stat points using the Kitchen Quests, I would say limit how much you are willing to spend on each Kitchen Quest, to about 5,000np or less. Once you've Completed 10 quests, that's all you can do until Midnight NST.

Also, Terror Trove Scratchcards, and other scratchcards from the Kiosk in Happy Valley of Terror Mountain, other than Race to Riches cards, have a chance of awarding a Level up to a Random pet. http://www.neopets.com/winter/kiosk.phtml

The chances aren't great, but since you can scratch 5 scratchcards per day, it's a method worth considering. The cheapest cards to attempt a level raise are, 1st as mentioned above, the Terror Trove scratchcards. And the next, would be the Faeries Fortune Scratchcards. Get 3 UP arrows and win a level. But which pet it's awarded to IS Random. The non-active pet getting the level happens fairly often when I've won levels since creating a second pet.

I hope this is helpful! Best of luck!

I did not know that. Thanks foe the tips. Guess I'll add kitchen quests to my dailies :) yay! 

14 hours ago, Kute said:

I did not know that. Thanks foe the tips. Guess I'll add kitchen quests to my dailies :) yay! 

You're welcome! If you don't fulfill the Kitchen Quest and time runs out, it will NOT count as one of your 10 quests for the day. But the time granted for Kitchen Quests can be up to and beyond 3 hours, if I recall correctly. So depending on how much time you can be on, you may not reach the limit of 10 in the day. Good luck! :D

I spent 23 tries before beating Kaia on hard and I relied on tips too.  I think using the same tips for easy at your level could work.

My pet's stats were 777HP, 319 Strength and 39 defence, level 5 at the time.  Hard Kaia was 750HP or so and depending on her weapon, she can KO my pet in 2 rounds.  To beat Kaia you need to be able to survive first round without being KO.  Otherwise, it might be very hard to win.

You might wanna get a Ultra Dark Reflectorb, which can reflect the dark icons if Kaia uses her wand WITHOUT the ring.  This is important because the ring is also a reflector and will wreak damage on your pet.  You will need to consider a freezer, preferably a 100% one.  And you can consider getting a thick smoke bomb, which is a 100% shield that's one time use.  As for a healer you may wanna consider the jade elixir which is one time use and costs around 8k but this will give you full heal.  You'll have to cross fingers that Kaia doesn't use her wand near the end to heal because the following strategy might not work out then.

If you can last the first 2 rounds without the freezer you can consider using freezer at third round just before healing as that's a strategy to prevent Kaia's reheal near the end.  This will likely take a lot of tries so you'd have to be prepared to spend on some one-time items.  If you do get throw pillow, that does the same purpose as the freezer.

I suggest using icicles and malum together so you can get more water icons through in case she uses leaf shield.

When I battled her on hard, I did the following but I added other faerie liabilities that you may have at level 49. 

1st round: malum + reflectorb + (positive thinking) [only if Kaia uses wand and no ring, otherwise withdraw from battle]

2nd round: freezer + malum + drizzle

3rd round: malum + blazing embers + icicles

4th round: thick smoke bomb + malum + icicles

5th round: 100% healer + malum + icicles

6th round: malum + shield/reflector (leaf shield or hanso or reflectorb) + positive thinking [hopefully you don't need to do this round but if not you might want to try]

And hopefully you win.  

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all for the advice!! I got my skill Throw Pillows so the plan is to use that everyday. Appreciate your advice on weapons that can deal the most damage?

Any of these good?

image.png.9f0306b85330b251cc41621bff52d475.png

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double pos. Use the EDIT button if you are the most recent reply.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep posts seven words or greater
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reasons above, please review our SPAM rules.

I would change one of them for the item Downsize! and one of them for a bomb type weapon. Also, you're missing defense items. Unless you want to do just one round every day with the Throw Pillow ability, you might want to consider some more defense icons. Downsize! being one of them.

Also, you might want to sell your Blue scorchstone and get an Oasis Tonic (35HP), a Greater Healing Scroll (50HP) or a Rejuvenating Jar of Brains (60HP). Greater Healing scroll and RJoB still does more HP than you have and they are pretty expensive, but if you keep training it will be worth it as it will last you a very long time. The next healer will require a huge step up in training (500+ HP, talking about percentage healers now) or you'll need a species specific healer.

For the bomb item I talked about, check if you have Thistleberry Pingrenade as it was given out as a price during GMC.

The items I battled with for a long time and/or that are still in my set, that you have are: Scroll of Knowledge, Sword of Malum and Blazing Embers. Ylanas Blaster is good too, but I've never used it myself. Scarab Ring and Hanso Charisma Charm are dual duty, which give you some defense and they used to be pretty good for the cost, but with all the new powerful weapons out there I'm not so sure how useful they are. Hanso Charisma Charm would only be good if your opponent did only or mostly dark attacks but, in my opinion, is still the better out of those two. Defense items should really be switched depending on your opponent. That's why I don't really like dual duty anymore. The damage they do is a lot less for the same cost as other major damage dealing weapons because of the added defense part.

My advise: check out what kind of attacks your opponent does and adjust your dual duty/defense weapons based on that. For the plot opponents your Hanso Charisma Charm would be a good item though, but don't expect it to be good against for example Koi Warrior.