Anyone else missing the cheery images of their pets?

lojoco49

• hrtbrk locked and unlocked this topic
42 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

Yes!

I didn't even bother risking to zap my pets because I don't know who is who... even though I look them every day lol

Lol, I remembered the position of my lab rat but was bummed when I couldn't see him after he got zapped to rainbow!

From today's (23 March 2018) Neopian Times, Issue #820, 23rd day of Running, Y20:

SCRAPPY ANNOUNCEMENT

Alright friends, back at it again with a an update for ya.

You might have noticed, but all our little friends are invisible in some places. Its very unfortunate to not be able to seem them right now but don't fear they aren't lost forever! We need to clear a few things up and they will be back and better than ever!

I tend to agree on some of the "Help" Neoboard "chatter", that they may be converting portions of the site from Flash to HTML5. However, at this point, who knows?

As far as Lab Ray zapping, someone mentioned your pets are listed in alphabetical order, in case that helps.

10 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

SCRAPPY ANNOUNCEMENT

Alright friends, back at it again with a an update for ya.

You might have noticed, but all our little friends are invisible in some places. Its very unfortunate to not be able to seem them right now but don't fear they aren't lost forever! We need to clear a few things up and they will be back and better than ever!

Hmm, better than ever huh? I somehow doubt that lol

4 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

I didn't even bother risking to zap my pets because I don't know who is who

Exactly!!! I went and pulled up my User Look Up in a tab  and refreshed until the first Pet said , "But I like being a Draik!" then counted until I got to the Lenny's spot in the other tab & was so lucky he zapped to turn from Yellow to Toy!!:happydance: I did NOT zap yesterday, bc I couldn't handle the not knowing who was who. :crying_anim:

For those of you wanting to zap your pets and such while the images are broken. Right-click to copy the image URL, paste it into a new tab and it should tell you which pet is which.

8 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Yes!

I didn't even bother risking to zap my pets because I don't know who is who... even though I look them every day lol

i click on "show image in a new tab" and it tells me which pet it is .. although i know their places by heart by now

You can also find their names by right clicking on the image and choosing 'inspect element'/'inspect' (depending on your browser). 

Your pet's name will be shown in the image url on the right (see the red arrow I drew on this rather chaotic looking screenshot):

Inspect_element.jpg

If you hover over the selected bit of code on the right, the image belonging to that section will be 'selected' on the left.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hrtbrk said:

If your pets are still cogwheels, go and customize them (like change backgrounds, save, the put the original one you want back on) and your pet should appear.

That's funny! I have to switch computers just for that. Gee thanks TNT. I don't even remember the last time the ol winosaur was turned on. :laugh:

10 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

That's funny! I have to switch computers just for that. Gee thanks TNT. I don't even remember the last time the ol winosaur was turned on. :laugh:

"Maybe I can help?...Mouseykins, I think I detect a tone of sarcasm in your voice. :thumbsdown:

You could  show a little  more gratitude. After all, we DID spend a lot of time together. :mario:

Your friend forever (unless you go over to STEVE :competitive:)"

~~~Bill~~~ b) :heart:

(cue the dial-up squeal :headset:)

Bill smiling.jpg

• 2 years later...

(Sorry for digging up old post) but this is happening to me today.

Specifically just ONE of my pets disappeared. The images of the remaining five pets can load.

Only my new pet (just adopted today) cannot have its image showed.

Is it just my problem? Anyone having similar issues? Any solutions to this?

Thanks in advance! 

It's happening to all mine, on and off, sometimes it's two at once. Let's see if any are effected right now...

image.png.ae99db4605d90911e8171d69e72a47c5.png

Yup! Two out of six in hiding!