Charity Corner 2018 Is Here!

hrtbrk

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I wonder what out of these items I'm going to most regret getting rid of? xD

Currently disposing of many bottled faeries!

same here i have like about 500 of each bottled faerie !! (the new ones , ofc , the old ones are retired and can't b donated)

3 minutes ago, Angeló said:

same here i have like about 500 of each bottled faerie !! (the new ones , ofc , the old ones are retired and can't b donated)

500 of each!!  :bigeyed:

Though I say it like that . . .

For a long time I gave away any I got to the Money Tree every day.

Then I started saving them again so I had 40-50 or so of each to donate now, and . . .

Rlbehb3.png

So yeah, if I'd always just put them all in my SDB I'd likely have had even more than you. :laugh:

25 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

500 of each!!  :bigeyed:

Though I say it like that . . .

For a long time I gave away any I got to the Money Tree every day.

Then I started saving them again so I had 40-50 or so of each to donate now, and . . .

Rlbehb3.png

So yeah, if I'd always just put them all in my SDB I'd likely have had even more than you. :laugh:

oh my gosh thats insane! Well after this charity corner I feel that I am not going to have enough for the years to come! lol.. trying to figure out what the best way to hoard is. I hate shop stocking.

8 minutes ago, Kute said:

oh my gosh thats insane! Well after this charity corner I feel that I am not going to have enough for the years to come! lol.. trying to figure out what the best way to hoard is. I hate shop stocking.

People do seem to think I'm nuts for the amount of blessings, lol. But I sat down and worked out how many I'd need to cover ALL the levels, and that was around 300 of each, so I went for it. xD

Then I decided I should give myself more leeway so I can switch between them if I want. I'm sure at some point I'll decide I want them to be a nice round 500 each or something equally silly. :laugh:

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

People do seem to think I'm nuts for the amount of blessings, lol. But I sat down and worked out how many I'd need to cover ALL the levels, and that was around 300 of each, so I went for it. xD

Then I decided I should give myself more leeway so I can switch between them if I want. I'm sure at some point I'll decide I want them to be a nice round 500 each or something equally silly. :laugh:

Thats actually really smart! I should attempt that. 

I have a question for those of you who have donated NC items.  I already know that they don't count toward the points.  My question is, you can put 3 NC items into one hamper. How many item receipts do you get if you put 3 items into one hamper as opposed to putting only 1 item in there?  What I mean is, doesn't it go by the actual number of ITEMS you donate, or the number of hampers?  So, if I got 2 hampers, put 3 items in each, that would be 6 items.  Would I then be at the top tier of items to choose from or would I only receive 2 receipts?  Hope I am making a little bit of sense.  Thanks for any help.

7 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

I have a question for those of you who have donated NC items.  I already know that they don't count toward the points.  My question is, you can put 3 NC items into one hamper. How many item receipts do you get if you put 3 items into one hamper as opposed to putting only 1 item in there?  What I mean is, doesn't it go by the actual number of ITEMS you donate, or the number of hampers?  So, if I got 2 hampers, put 3 items in each, that would be 6 items.  Would I then be at the top tier of items to choose from or would I only receive 2 receipts?  Hope I am making a little bit of sense.  Thanks for any help.

You get one receipt per hamper, and you cannot turn in a hamper unless it's full. With np items, you can donate fewer than five at a time, but with NC items, you HAVE to donate three. 

4 minutes ago, rayuela said:

Is the avatar awarded randomly or do you need a certain number of points? Do you have to refresh the page after every donation to get it?

It's random, and might be a glitch (as it's not a new avatar, but it's the same as last year).
As for having to refresh the page after every donation, that's a good question, I've been wondering about that myself. Perhaps you'd miss the pop-up, but would still receive the avatar? I can't check, since I already got this avatar last year, so there's no way for me to tell if I got it again this year and simply missed the message.

1 minute ago, Nielo said:

It's random, and might be a glitch (as it's not a new avatar, but it's the same as last year).
As for having to refresh the page after every donation, that's a good question, I've been wondering about that myself.

I heard rumors on the Ñeopets board that you had to donate 4 days in a row to get it, but I don't think that's the case. AAAAAaaaA.

1 minute ago, rayuela said:

I heard rumors on the Ñeopets board that you had to donate 4 days in a row to get it, but I don't think that's the case. AAAAAaaaA.

I don't think that's true. (Although donating every day is always a safe bet with this event.) I donated every day so far, but haven't gotten the pop-up for the avatar. However, I could've missed it. It's hard to say at this point, and confusing, considering this is an old avatar.

I'm hesitant about donating valuable items just to get points. So far, I've been unloading things I have dozens of that are low value. Obviously that is time consuming. Now I'm torn between donating the stuff that's worth only between 1,000-2,000 per item, such as Organ and Ghostkerchief Banjo. But I have several dozen of each. Just those two would yield from 100,000 to 150,000 each if they all sold. Plus I have others of similar value in large quantity. Should I sell or donate those? Will their value drop like a stone after this or were those items already this high before the charity event? If their value stays about this level after the charity, I can then decide what to do more clearly. I may donate half anyway to save time. 

On another topic (and you can reply to this separately) I got the avatar last year. I wish each year would have its own unique one. 

4 hours ago, rayuela said:

Is the avatar awarded randomly or do you need a certain number of points? Do you have to refresh the page after every donation to get it? AAAA I want the avi but don't wanna waste potential NP donating stuff I could sell.

I got the avatar a few days ago, and every time i donate it stays at the top of the page and hasn't gone away. I don't know if that's happening for anyone else, but it's been that way for me since I got it.

8 hours ago, xd0rkus58 said:

I got the avatar a few days ago, and every time i donate it stays at the top of the page and hasn't gone away. I don't know if that's happening for anyone else, but it's been that way for me since I got it.

The avatar alert is doing the same thing for me too

2 hours ago, BEE. said:

The avatar alert is doing the same thing for me too

And the same for me. I'm using Firefox, don't know if it's browser related. They're messing a lot of things up for FF (or FF has been having half-baked updates)

1 hour ago, Duma said:

And the same for me. I'm using Firefox, don't know if it's browser related. They're messing a lot of things up for FF (or FF has been having half-baked updates)

Probably just a weird glitch. I use Chrome

So after getting through my whole SDB, knocking anything I had more than 5 of down to 5 (except codestones and such), I have 9725 points. I probably won't get much further than that since I don't really plan on seeking items out specifically, but got rid of a few thousand items so that's something.

33 minutes ago, etrnldarkness said:

I had heard you needed to donate 5 days in a row with at least 100 donations. Tomrorow is my 5th day so I was really hoping that was it :P

I planned to stop at 2k points since the trophy seemed to be the highest at that pointage last year. Anyone else know differently?

I don't think we can compare last year's requirements for the trophies with this year's, as last year it was 2000 donations that would get you gold, but this year we're only seeing the amount of points we've acquired, not the amount of times we've donated. And since this is the first time the point system is being used, it's hard to predict how many points will get you a gold trophy.

As for the avatar, what I gather from the Neoboards is that it's still unclear if it's a glitch or not. Many people are assuming it is, considering it seems random, the message often stays on the screen, and it's last year's avatar, but TNT hasn't said anything on the matter yet.