Can you give away a FFQ?

Err

I just got a Fountain Faerie Quest and I'm only after the avatar; I was wondering if it's permissible to paint someone elses Buzz then give it back? Or does this break some kind of rule?

P.S If it's not against the rules and if anyone wants a Buzz painting holla at me :D

That's very generous of you! It's not against the rules as long as you don't exchange the FFQ for neopoints or items. It's totally fine to have someone transfer you a pet, you paint it, and then transfer it back to them. I'm sure there's someone on the Customization neoboard who would really appreciate it! Or if you don't find anyone, you could adopt a Buzz from the pound and give it a cool new color before repounding it, maybe that would make it more desirable for someone else to adopt. 

4 hours ago, kayahtik said:

That's very generous of you! It's not against the rules as long as you don't exchange the FFQ for neopoints or items. It's totally fine to have someone transfer you a pet, you paint it, and then transfer it back to them. I'm sure there's someone on the Customization neoboard who would really appreciate it! Or if you don't find anyone, you could adopt a Buzz from the pound and give it a cool new color before repounding it, maybe that would make it more desirable for someone else to adopt. 

Unfortunately, it IS against the rules to paint someones pet with your FFQ and return the pet to them.

There is a loophole by finding a pet in the pound, having you adopt to use your FFQ on and then transferring it to said person.

Congrats on the FFQ @Err :D

1 minute ago, hrtbrk said:

Unfortunately, it IS against the rules to paint someones pet with your FFQ and return the pet to them.

There is a loophole by finding a pet in the pound, having you adopt to use your FFQ on and then transferring it to said person.

Oh, really? Oops. I've seen several people publicly offering to do just that on the neoboards, and there never seemed to be any consequences. Do you know if that loophole means that the person you're not-giving the FFQ to can intentionally pound transfer their pet to you, or is it supposed to be a random pound pet that neither of you have owned before? 

@Err I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to lead you astray :blush02:

1 minute ago, kayahtik said:

Oh, really? Oops. I've seen several people publicly offering to do just that on the neoboards, and there never seemed to be any consequences. Do you know if that loophole means that the person you're not-giving the FFQ to can intentionally pound transfer their pet to you, or is it supposed to be a random pound pet that neither of you have owned before? 

@Err I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to lead you astray :blush02:

That's a very  good question.

I'm sure pounding the pet for the person with the FFQ to pick up is another technical loophole but I don't know the specifics on that :blush:

1 minute ago, hrtbrk said:

I'm sure pounding the pet for the person with the FFQ to pick up is another technical loophole but I don't know the specifics on that :blush:

Hmm, disappointing. That halfway defeats the point, since then the pet would lose any pb clothes it had. I know they could get it reclothed from someone else, but what a pain. 

The other place that I've seen this (or something similar?) going on is on the NCC and PC. I've definitely seen people offering FFQ 'customs' to their offers for pet trades and NC trades. I can see why that might be against the rules, since you're getting something out of it, but it's a silly rule when you honestly just want to gift someone a free dip in the fountain. You can gift items, and it seems no different to me than gifting someone a paint brush /: 

34 minutes ago, Panthersclaw said:

Does anyone know why it is against the rules to have them transfer to you, dip, and transfer back? I'm just curious as to why it's bad. (of course since it is against the rules I won't do it, just curiosity getting the best of me)

TNT views it as taking advantage of someone else's reward that is rare and they may have worked hard for.