Defeating Malum

Darwin

Just a friendly tip for those using the Throw Pillow method - keep using it until you defeat Malum. I got Malum down to 54 HP, using Throw Pillows, and thought I could "easily" win the battle, by using what I had left and decided to "go for it". He took me out in one blow. It may not happen to anyone else, but all I had to do was wait for one for day, to finish the battle.

Quick question. Currently using the throw pillows method (stupidly paid a visit to the snowager, forgetting about the icy blast), should I continue training Taffieh's endurance or switch to something else? At this rate, it'll take me maybe 3-4 more days (guess) to beat him, as I was in a rush the first day and forgot to include weapons when I used the ability :rolleyes: Fingers crossed he's still available then...

Hit Points: 3 / 137
Strength: LEGENDARY (102)
Defence: LEGENDARY (100)
Movement: EXCELLENT (49)
Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (583)

Edit: Her level is 60

25 minutes ago, BEE. said:

Quick question. Currently using the throw pillows method (stupidly paid a visit to the snowager, forgetting about the icy blast), should I continue training Taffieh's endurance or switch to something else?

Wouldn't hurt to train her level up to just under 80 (maybe around 77-78, just in case you get a faerie quest) and then continue training defence, hp, and strength from there ^_^ Once you've trained her defence and hp up to 2x her level, train her level up some more and then repeat

1 hour ago, Duskitty said:

Wouldn't hurt to train her level up to just under 80 (maybe around 77-78, just in case you get a faerie quest) and then continue training defence, hp, and strength from there ^_^ Once you've trained her defence and hp up to 2x her level, train her level up some more and then repeat

Thank you, I'll do that! I think Coltzan's Shrine agrees with you. After reading your post it bumped her level to 61 :biggrin:

13 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Just a friendly tip for those using the Throw Pillow method - keep using it until you defeat Malum. I got Malum down to 54 HP, using Throw Pillows, and thought I could "easily" win the battle, by using what I had left and decided to "go for it". He took me out in one blow. It may not happen to anyone else, but all I had to do was wait for one for day, to finish the battle.

LOL. . . just done the exact same thing myself xD :axehead:

He had 82 health left, as I could deal at least 112 I too thought I could take him easily . . .

WRONG!

xD

Thankfully my little guy's health wasn't completely wiped out (so happy that I've been focusing on training endurance for a while!)

But tomorrow, Malum . . . :cigar:

4 hours ago, Nielo said:

I'm hoping this part of the plot will be as slow moving as the rest of it, since I only started using the throw pillow method yesterday, and it'll be quite a few days before I'll have worn him down. XD

Same here. It will take me three more days to defeat Malum with the Throw Pillows method.

Seeing everyone have difficulty with him makes me feel strangely proud knowing I can beat him in 2 turns with a bit of luck :guiltysmiley: Good to know that these hundreds of codestones haven't gone to waste, I guess.

I don't think you'll need to worry about this step ending soon, considering all the previous wraiths are still available to fight.

3 hours ago, Duskitty said:

Seeing everyone have difficulty with him makes me feel strangely proud knowing I can beat him in 2 turns with a bit of luck :guiltysmiley: Good to know that these hundreds of codestones haven't gone to waste, I guess.

I don't think you'll need to worry about this step ending soon, considering all the previous wraiths are still available to fight.

I beat him on my first try. Took me 3 turns and spending 94k on a Scroll of Freezing as a precaution. :D

Well now!

. . .

After beating Malum I notice what he's saying is "wait you've got the wrong guy"

Now what's all THAT about I wonder! :eh: Maybe he isn't an actual villain after all . . .

If anyone's curious, in the 2 turns it takes me to beat Malum, this is the combat log:

image.png.260fa14691d60fea9ebea1ad2b68f459.png

My battle pet is tanky enough to withstand one of his attacks without dying, thankfully, so this strategy of "go ham" might not work so well for others, but figured I'd share anyhow.

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Well now!

. . .

After beating Malum I notice what he's saying is "wait you've got the wrong guy"

Now what's all THAT about I wonder! :eh: Maybe he isn't an actual villain after all . . .

You're right, I didn't notice that yet! Hmmm I wonder. Maybe tomorrow we'll get a new update and hear some more about the story.

On 05/02/2018 at 1:26 PM, jellysundae said:

Well now!

. . .

He's definitely a mini boss. He just randomly appeared, lol. I should defeat him before the end of the week. He has 187 hp points left.

Finally defeated Malum! And the Evil Coconut prize was awarded. (Earlier, there were posts on the Neoboards about it not being awarded).

I hope the TDN "conspiracy theory" of Kaia being behind this, isn't true. However, her comment of "Be careful who you mess with, Malum." has confused me, since I saw it. How does she know his name?! I mean, I know she has "visions", but do those visions tell names, too? And, the Battle Faerie seems to believe Malum - "Just before he passed out, he said we got the wrong guy." And this, "I - yes. There was something about the way he said it... Do you think you can revive him?" And this, "I have a gut feeling about this. I think we should hear him out."

5 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Finally defeated Malum! And the Evil Coconut prize was awarded. (Earlier, there were posts on the Neoboards about it not being awarded).

I hope the TDN "conspiracy theory" of Kaia being behind this, isn't true. However, her comment of "Be careful who you mess with, Malum." has confused me, since I saw it. How does she know his name?! I mean, I know she has "visions", but do those visions tell names, too? And, the Battle Faerie seems to believe Malum - "Just before he passed out, he said we got the wrong guy." And this, "I - yes. There was something about the way he said it... Do you think you can revive him?" And this, "I have a gut feeling about this. I think we should hear him out."

CONGRATS!!

That IS an interesting theory. She MAY have some connection to what's going on. One could spin a number of theories as to how though. We still don't have access to the table on screen-right, with what looks like a topographical map on top of it. So there must still be more plot to be revealed. I wonder, will there be a NEW part of Neopia, revealed and/or OPEN to us as a result of this plot? That would be pretty awesome. Speculating can be fun. ;)

12 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

CONGRATS!!

That IS an interesting theory. She MAY have some connection to what's going on. One could spin a number of theories as to how though. We still don't have access to the table on screen-right, with what looks like a topographical map on top of it. So there must still be more plot to be revealed. I wonder, will there be a NEW part of Neopia, revealed and/or OPEN to us as a result of this plot? That would be pretty awesome. Speculating can be fun. ;)

Speculation IS a lot of fun. I'm very intrigued about how things turn out, I just hope it's something good, not just predictable or ridiculous, lol.

3 hours ago, etrnldarkness said:

Hey all!

I started the throw pillow method today and still have 4-5 days of tackling him to kill him. My question is: if the next part of the plot comes out before then (I don't know the usual day it updates) will I still be able to continue the battle since I am already in it?

I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue, considering that ALL the wraiths are still available to fight, including the ones who are actually back to their Neopet selves, and long gone out of the Infirmary, lol.

Am I being unfair in finding this a bit sloppy?  :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Am I being unfair in finding this a bit sloppy?  :ph34r:

Normally, I would agree that the wraiths should be removed from the battledome after they go to the infirmary, and ESPECIALLY after they are fully healed. But I don't really blame TNT for not doing that, considering the fit people were throwing over item drops. Hard to say if it's them being sloppy, or them trying to keep the torches and pitchforks at bay. Can you imagine the uproar if Malum were removed from the BD before the throw pillows people had time to beat him? 

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

Normally, I would agree that the wraiths should be removed from the battledome after they go to the infirmary, and ESPECIALLY after they are fully healed. But I don't really blame TNT for not doing that, considering the fit people were throwing over item drops. Hard to say if it's them being sloppy, or them trying to keep the torches and pitchforks at bay. Can you imagine the uproar if Malum were removed from the BD before the throw pillows people had time to beat him? 

Hahaha, oh yes, I can most definitely imagine it. xD

I'm sticking by thinking it's sloppy though, they should have come up with a better way of doing things. But it's no different to the sloppiness of the haze removal, where the message said you've cleared the haze with your potion before you've even used it, is it. :rolleyes:

As a person whom is horrible at keeping up with plots in a timely fashion (working on it!) I can appreciate the fact I can still do some things at a later date (unlike healing...missed out on a couple of those!) However, I would also have completely understood if once they were beaten...it was over and I missed my part. I would have been sad though ;(

So although it is a little sloppy, I can still appreciate it haha. Fought Malum again today and whew, it's intense even though I am only doing it one hit a day.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if any of you are still trying to defeat Malum for the prize but if you joined The Seekers for the Oblesk War, you do have the Strength of Mind skill... With that said, at least for me, Malum is 1 hit KOing my pet, so I still don't have a chance despite the 120 damage to him.