Enter The Runway #50!

deboratibi

The entering period for The Runway's fiftieth round is about to begin! For more information on how to participate, make sure to read this post carefully.

Current theme: Less is More
Description: Dress up any pet using only paint brush items + a Neopoint background (that means no NC items at all, and no NP items other than the background!). Cross paints are allowed/encouraged.
Entering period: Monday, December 4th - Sunday, December 10th
Voting period: Monday, December 11th - Sunday, December 17th

Oooh I like this challenge! I'll see what I can come up with! 

54 minutes ago, ginnypearl said:

do garlands count as background? or no

Garlands are on the background item layer, aren't they, so I'm guessing  we'll not be able to use them.

9 hours ago, ginnypearl said:

do garlands count as background? or no

Garlands do not count as a background. It needs to be a background!

You can thank me for this theme btw! I hope you love it!! :D

I hope you all love my entry as well! :heart:

2 minutes ago, Angeló said:

UC pets don't have paint brush clothes .. do they ? 

No, but I had an idea for just a UC with a background without any clothes and was wondering. But I decided to go with something else.

In DTI in your search you can use is:pb if you have chosen a species/base paint, and have the "fits the ____ ____" button checked, it'll just show the ones for that species, excluding baby, etc.

Wow, there are several very pretty np backgrounds I didn't know existed. Not quite working for the customization I've got going for the runway, but I'm buying them!

2 hours ago, Lgator said:

Just a late note on round 49 - the Thriller background was extraordinary. The best winner yet. K. Nuff said. On to 50.

thank you so much :) 

and it was one of the easiest / quickest customs i made ... 

i guess it just went smooth criminal on me and wanted to be done .. bad :P 

I'm on my way with my entry . . . I've found it hard too, but not from having too many choices, the total opposite actually xD But an idea has presented itself now :ph34r:

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm on my way with my entry . . . I've found it hard too, but not from having too many choices, the total opposite actually xD But an idea has presented itself now :ph34r:

I had exactly the same problem! This was probably one of the most challenging themes yet (at least for me). I did get my entry in earlier than usual, but only because I started earlier, having anticipated this one would give me trouble. XD

38 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I had exactly the same problem! This was probably one of the most challenging themes yet (at least for me). I did get my entry in earlier than usual, but only because I started earlier, having anticipated this one would give me trouble. XD

I think I was very lucky that inspiration struck as I was going through the available options. It came right out of left field too (not that that's unusual for me, lol). This is a round that pretty much demands that though, I think.

So thank you for the idea @Mouseykins I can be thankful now that I've got an entry submitted, I'd have been less happy if I hadn't. :laugh:

I actually had a surprisingly easy time.  I decided what base color I wanted, decided to try one of the pets that people like customizing so much, looked at the base color on them, liked it, looked through their clothing options, decided on my theme, then just had to find a background that worked for the outfit.

This is my kind of theme. I feel like it's really easy for customizations to get cluttered with handhelds and foregrounds etc. etc., so having limited options is a plus to me. I'm excited to see people's minimalist looks~

25 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

This is my kind of theme. I feel like it's really easy for customizations to get cluttered with handhelds and foregrounds etc. etc., so having limited options is a plus to me. I'm excited to see people's minimalist looks~

I actually agree about the clutter; the kinds of customisations I usually like best are the ones that don't have too much going on. It was actually finding a theme that wasn't just "random cool paint brush items put on this pet I like, with a nice background" that was the hard part of this round.

I'm glad you all are enjoying this round! We have @Angeló to thank for the inspiration. He inspired my idea when he was doing his cross-paint with his Peophin. I've never done cross-paints so it was fun and simple to come up with. I kind of had an idea what I wanted to go with as well and I'm very pleased with my entry.

Yeah I had the same issue. I had so many different ideas xD Now I'm wondering if I should of sent in my other idea. Oh well xD

22 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Yeah I had the same issue. I had so many different ideas xD Now I'm wondering if I should of sent in my other idea. Oh well xD

If Deb's not read your entry yet you can always change it. :)