Are You Stocking Up for Charity Corner?

Musical_Shoyru

I've been pretty much saving any r80-r99 items I come across and have a select r90-r99 items I buy daily. My goal is to try and get about 10k items in total (More so r90-r99) by the time it comes around. I'm nearly at 2k items right now :) (Lots of doubles of items

What have you been collecting for it, if anything? What do you think the next CC will be?

Here's my list of items xD

Airax
Baby Scorchio Plushie
Bag of Decorative Seashells
Barbat
Black Cherry Tea
Blue Kadoatie Plushie
Blue Kiko Balloon
Bug Eye McGee
Festering Coffee
Fresh Bamboo Chair
Ghoti
Green Chia Plushie
Green Cyodrake Plushie
Heavenly Roast Turkey
Huggy
Karate for Beginners
Leeble Rubber Ring
Limeberry Krawkade
Lupe Warrior Lunch Box
Maraquan Bedtime Stories
Moon and Star Stickers
Mega Force Ice Gloves
Neocola Book
Nupie
Peach Snowflake
Pimplepepper
Pink Flower Bouqet
Pink Racing Bike
Pirate Small Talk
Prom Date Usuki
Rocky Ocean Background
Snorkle Snout
Starry Cookie Pile
Square Gelatin
Superstar Hair Clip
Teenage Usuki
Ultra Bubble Beam
Ultranova
Usuki Hair Extensions
Vo Codestone Plushie
Welcoming Lupe Gnome
Wormy Pasta
Yellow Snowball
Crispy Pumpkin Chips
Ghostkerchief Greeting Card
Blue Meerca Gnome Plushie
Creamy Stick Biscuit
Fried Egg on Toast
Moonlit Esophagor Stamp
Omelette Sheild
Orange Chocolate Kiko
Regular Pesto Cauliflower Broccoli Delight
Relaxing Shenkuu Rock Garden
Scado
Space Rocks; A Visual Encyclopedia
Ummagine
Yellow Eyrie Plushie
Welcome to Tyrannia Frame
Zombie Marshmallows
Angry Pumpkin
Blue Grundo Plushie
Faerie Jack and Ball Set
Honey Blossom Extract
Illusen Kite
Kora
Professional Sock Collection
Red Eyrie Plushie
Starry Crunch
Witchcraft Spells
Basic Green Balloon
Brain Muffin
Diamond Snowball
Green Tea Custard
Jagged Ice Ring
Kau Sock Puppet
Mystery Island Travel Brochure
Ringed Scroll
Splime
Undead Celery
Usuki Dream Car
Vegetarian Meat Pie
Baby Blue
Bagguss
Blue Sandcastle Set
Buzz Gourmet
Dark Chocolate Flotsam
Eyeball Slushie
Hot Dog Sundae Deluxe
Juicy Elixir
Kauvara Bed
Mundo
Peach Snowball
Pikis
Pirate Aisha Plushe
Raspberry Mocha Candy Bar
Skeith Inspired Treasure Maps
Splyke
Super Snow Tiger Egg
Usuki Gardening Set
Witch Hunting Techniques
Yellow Grarrl Plushie
Box of Skull Truffles
Dual Battle Mirror
Korbat Mooncake
Lost Desert Puzzle Box
Mix and Match Faerie Puzzle
Molasses Snowball
Negg Latte
Official Usuki Bowling Set
Origami Uniocto
Quintilc Throwing Star
The Secret of Treasure Island
Spiced Pumpkin Coffee
Water Faerie Water Blaster
Aquatic Arrangement
Camouflage Ruki Marionette
Cobrall Root
Exploding Snowflake
Glowing Snowflake
Island Usul Bubble Bath
Jhudora Stained Glass Window
Kougra Whistle
Krawk Island Postcards 10 Pack
Mouldy Pencil Case
Mystery of Halloween
Pale Elixir
Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer
Sklyde
Speak Tyrannian
Tyrannian Shoyru Plushie
Adventures In Space
Banjo
Biyako
Blue Ixi Plushie
Boween
Comfy Pumpkin Bean Bag
Donksaur
Faerieland Flag
Chia Clown Punching Bag
Cyodrake Scratching Post
Gummy Pirate Candy
I Love Captain Scarblade Tankard
Niptor Plushie
Pirate Hook Candy Cane
Pirate Warning Sign
Red Sticky Hand
Rustic Wooden Shield
Shenkuu Postcard
Strawmelon Jam Burger
Springy Darigan Buzz Toy
Starry Biscuit Jar
Tablet of Water Runes
Techo Wand of Smiting
Terror Mountain Travel Brochure
Taelia Pizza Slice
Treasure Map Negg
Valentines Earrings
Veiled Autumn Hat
Void Snowball
Blueberry Gummy Korbat Tail
Blue Moon Petpet Bed
Blue Spardel Balloon
Bombaberry Elixi
Golden Moon Comb
Lavender-Scented Lotion
Melvie
Nightsteed Mug
Nurias Battle Shield
Phases of the Moon
Pink Faerie Snowball
Pirate Hat Toffees
Pottery Shard Dagger
Pygui Nesting Doll
Rainbow Usul Plushie
Scorchio Chocolate Cake
Snowickle Usuki Set
Stagnant Puddle of Water
Steaming Skeem Potion
Surzard
Thermal Explosive Device
Tiki Brochure
Tuskaninny Treasure
Virtupets Energry Sabre
Warriors Rectengular Shield
Water Faerie Halberd
Alkenore
Banana Achyfi
Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake
Cobrall in a Can
Cracked Keno Egg
Dark Nova
Exploding Snowball
Faerie Kyrii Ball
Ghoskerchief Banjo
Helm-mounted Laser Beam
Iced Soy Chai Latte
Organic Peanut
Pea Chia Plushie
Red Scooter
Round Rainbow Rug
Sillie Daisy
Space Faerie Cereal
Triple Tier Space Faerie Cake
Water Muffin
Faerie Grundo Plushie
Galaxy Energy Drink
Glow-in-the-Dark Moon
Moon Dust Scroll
Organ
Black Osiris Plate
The Happy Valley Report
Jetsam Wanderer Wig
Mallard Balloon
Remote Control Virtupets Snowball
Return of Dr. Sloth Valentine Card Set
Scamander Shield
Tropical Flora and Fauna
Tyrannian Skeith Plushie
Wocky Hair Grenade
Wooden Stahkee Totem
Buried Scroll
Evil Snowball Wand
Camelior
Jhudora Fashion Playset
Jubjub Shoes of Flight
Maraquan Charger Plushie
Pocket Faerie Pinball Game
Scroll of the Sea
Bag of Infinite Neggs
N-4 Info Retrieval Bot
Purple Hasee Plushie
Yellow Sticky Hand
Blumaroo Gnome Making Kit
Elephante Attack Peanut
Scroll of Supernova
Whole Anchovy Pizza
Battle Faerie Dagger
Chokato Crepe
Deadly Attack Spork
Exploding Potion
Green Sticky Hand
GX-4 Oscillabot
Ice Ring
Icy Snowball
Orb of the Light Faerie
Puntec Fruit
Roburg 3T3
Scroll of Ultranova
Stone Muffin
Water Pizza
Inflatable Squid
Kiko Battle Legs
Light Acara Hood
Keeping the Peace
Moehog Battle Goggles
Scorchio Fire Marble
Terracotta Lamp
Hand Painted Scimitar
Gold Gem Negg
Majestic Jetsam Trident
Twirly Plant
Ultimate Icy Negg
Zafara Bomb
Ghostkerchief
Hasee
Ice Sheild
Scroll of Dark Nova

I try to save any r90-99 items that I get in the likely categories.  And I save any items from battledome in the categories that I get a ton of, as I'll want some volume ones as well.  I've got almost 300 books, about 250 toys, I guess almost 300 foods, about 150 battledome equipment (in the 90s) in case that's a category.  I can't remember what other things I save, what other categories there were.  So I'm just saving what I get, which I guess is about 1k of stuff.

I save ALL of the r90-99 items I get.  Doesn't matter the category because I don't know what the CC will be asking for.  I save them from dailies, BD, the prizes from obelisk when I lose.  I haven't really bought anything from shops but I suppose I could start doing that.

I'v never really participated in the charity corner, so I haven't saved anything. I have a lot of stuff in my sdb so maybe I'll just clean that one out. I guess I could start saving the items from my dailies instead of selling them. But to think you need 1k+ items.. I did not see that coming.

5 minutes ago, Duma said:

I'v never really participated in the charity corner, so I haven't saved anything. I have a lot of stuff in my sdb so maybe I'll just clean that one out. I guess I could start saving the items from my dailies instead of selling them. But to think you need 1k+ items.. I did not see that coming.

Well, you don't NEED that many, necessarily.  Each time you give a set of 5 items, you get an item of approx equal rarity back.  Which is why the cheap r90s are so popular, as they can give EXPENSIVE r90s.  They did give some tiers of prizes last time based on how many days you donated, and how much stuff you donated overall, but I don't think you had to donate thousands to get the top prize.

Thanks for the list Shoyru. I used a lot of my SDB items for the Charity Corner last time. Let's not forget that we can also sell them. Sometimes I'd rather make a sure 150K or whatever the inflated 5 items might go for than get an item worth only a few thousand. I hedged my bets and did some of both and may do that again. I suggest that those who would rather have a sure thing ("bird in the hand") do that, especially if they are saving up for a potion or paintbrush. For those of us who could afford to gamble we enjoyed the dice roll of seeing what we'd get. I had some pleasant surprises. Another advantage of getting the NP is that way you don't have the hassle of trying to sell things on the Trading Post or Auction. Some newer players may prefer the cash.

I've been hoarding since the last CC, lol. I don't buy anything, but I've been nabbing books and food from the Money Tree all year, plus, thanks to the teachings of my mentor @rntracy1 I don't throw ANYTHING away unless it's over r.99. So I've got a decent stockpile of loot. :D

I've always hoarded everything anyway, so my SDB is always full of random stuff. I don't feel like buying thingsparticularly for the Charity Corner though. I mean, if I end up with 4 items of the same rarity, I might buy one to complete the set, but I wouldn't know what to get in preparation anyway, since we have no idea what they'll ask for next - nor when it'll actually be held. (I think? Unless there's been an announcement on that which I missed.)

11 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I've always hoarded everything anyway, so my SDB is always full of random stuff. I don't feel like buying thingsparticularly for the Charity Corner though. I mean, if I end up with 4 items of the same rarity, I might buy one to complete the set, but I wouldn't know what to get in preparation anyway, since we have no idea what they'll ask for next - nor when it'll actually be held. (I think? Unless there's been an announcement on that which I missed.)

I just try to get items in every category and I try not to spend over 3k for items when buying r90's, I've heard a lot of people think they'll do battledome items (items) after this plot and to clear out cheap battledome items floating around or Petpets. If you're looking to get some r90 Battledome items you can buy the Exploding Snowball from the Healing Springs every 30 minutes under 30 np for most of the time. Also the Light Acara Hood is still really cheap right now. The Bag of Infinite Negg's is still really cheap too. 

I've also been buying the Roburg 3T3's as they're still pretty cheap.

Foods been pretty hard because that falls in the category of Gourmet as well so it's been pretty tough collecting food, I've just been saving what I get for dailies in that category.

I've been collecting Glow-In-the-Dark Moon's for Gardening/Furniture, Gnomes, I have the Wooden Totems I've been collecting for wearables. Usuki's, plushies, gifts, books, coffee/drinks, etc. Just trying to be overly prepared XD And I'm sure whatever isn't used will be used in future CC's

I usually only buy when I win in Food Club, I'll take half of my winnings and put it in my Bank and the other half I spend

To be honest, I haven't given it any thought.  Between the Games Master Challenge, the Faerie/Wraith plot, and my real life going south, any concept of CC totally eluded me. While I appreciate the heads up, Shoyru, this may be the winter activity I pass up this year.

I have been stocking up for Charity Corner off and on all year. I mainly went for gourmet foods since those appeal to a much larger audience. I did save everything r 85+ from my dailies. I am hoping to be able to buy that poogle transmogrification potion after this Charity Corner.

2 minutes ago, babayaga67 said:

I have been stocking up for Charity Corner off and on all year. I mainly went for gourmet foods since those appeal to a much larger audience. I did save everything r 85+ from my dailies. I am hoping to be able to buy that poogle transmogrification potion after this Charity Corner.

You very well might be able too! I made a total of 88m last year during CC (Haven't sold all the items yet), those little items do add up! I usually keep a list of everything I get and their prices during the CC so I know what I spent vs. what I got.

I usually sell CC items for 1/3 the going price because the prices get too high in my opinion. Unfortunately that means that I don't make as much as I could. 30,000 np for a cherry chocolate bundt cake is just ridiculous to me though. I don't think that I even have 1500 items that I can sell for CC, and with everyone else stocking up so much I might not even be able to make half of what I am aiming for :(

58 minutes ago, babayaga67 said:

I usually sell CC items for 1/3 the going price because the prices get too high in my opinion. Unfortunately that means that I don't make as much as I could. 30,000 np for a cherry chocolate bundt cake is just ridiculous to me though. I don't think that I even have 1500 items that I can sell for CC, and with everyone else stocking up so much I might not even be able to make half of what I am aiming for :(

I only sell item I actually get from turning in items to Granny. I don't put items in my shop as I find it kind of dishonest to go along with the inflation of prices. I feel bad pricing items so high when they aren't worth that much just to make a quick buck. I more the type of person where I'll give some r90 items to my friends in order for them to donate too.

However that's just my opinion on it xD I know a lot of people make a lot from selling in their shops. I usually just shut my shop down during CC

11 hours ago, jaydeed said:

I've been hoarding since March with a spreadsheet :-) Got 77,000 r90s across most categories. Bring it on!

I've been using a spreadsheet too! Glad I'm not the only one that crazy lol

Nope, nope and nope! I NEVER hoard things. I don't care what the reason is. If I can sell it and make something I will. I do sometimes keep things from events like DD, GMC and Advent until the prices stabilize and then sell when I go through my SDB. I hate charity corner with a passion and just do the bare minimum to get an avatar. I honestly don't even care if I get a trophy or not. I hope they don't do one again and if they do, then revamp it somehow so people are less inclined to overly inflate the prices on items.

Well, I won't be able to use all 77k items for sure but I'm pretty well set for the major groups like books, toys, food and BD and if even one of those is picked I'll be in a better position than I was last time when I went broke gambling, lol.

I love my spreadsheet! It was hard work setting it up but now I can update it quickly and it's satisfying to see the r90s grow.

I don't consider it inflating when CC happens and items sell for 35k a pop. There's a limited time when they have a value and that's it. Consider 35k their true price and the rest of the year they're DEflated ;-) If there's a drought, a bucket is worthless; it rains soup and hey, it's valuable. CC is soup time. Nerks sell for 60-99k and no one protests even though what you get back off them is normally garbage. It's the potential of a PB that makes them valuable.

I've been hoarding items from dailies for the past four or five months. I've thought about doing some buying with the spreadsheet method, but it's hard for me to talk myself into spending those nps on something that may or may not make a profit in the end. (As @jellysundae can attest with my stock portfolio, I'm not good with longterm investments.) Hopefully I'll have enough items to donate in order to get an avatar/trophy, but my main goal is to save as many nps as possible so I can buy some stamps at deflated prices if they're given out as prizes.

As far as the price inflation, it doesn't bother me. Value changes over time due to market conditions, that's how economics works. A thing is worth as much as someone will pay for it, and people are willing to pay more for certain items during CC. It also deflates certain high-value items that are given as prizes, so I think it probably balances out overall. 

If another CC is going to happen though, I hope it happens soon. If it's not, then I would like to go through my SDB and sell a bunch of the stuff I've collected so it can stop taking up so much room.

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

If another CC is going to happen though, I hope it happens soon. If it's not, then I would like to go through my SDB and sell a bunch of the stuff I've collected so it can stop taking up so much room.

Do you need me to start yelling at you about not getting rid of stuff now? :laugh:

I certainly don't think it's a sound investment strategy to buy things that MIGHT be part of CC . I'm like you, I don't want to potentially waste the NP.

I think my CC mind set isn't quite the same as a lot of people's anyway, as I'm not bothered about gaining loads of rares, I just enjoy the donation process. Hence my stockpiling gross food from the Money Tree. xD

Let's see how my hoarding's going so far!

Category: Food | Items: 887 | Qty: 5,260

If food IS a category (and I'm totally prepared for a full-on troll from TNT for CC, and it NOT being) I know not all these items will qualify, but I'm confident that close to 5k will.

Category: Books | Items: 77 | Qty: 691

Nice haul of books too. :D

And not paid a penny for any of this stuff, so no biggie if it's NOT used, because as Mentor @rntracy1 so rightly points out, it might not be wanted for this CC, but there'll be more to come!

But buying for CC can never be a waste b/c I have the items and can sell them any time I like. I have price limits so I buy cheap. I snipe items priced at 1np I can sell today at 2000. All the food is gourmet so that's easy to sell, ditto books, and I bought clothing at 3000 and discovered it's now worth anything up to 40k. BD stuff was super cheap; I've got 20k of items and most cost me 100 np an item.

Point is, I'm not buying junk, I'm buying r90s. :-) In my daydreams I work out how much I'll make if the categories fall well for me. I plan to donate 4,000 times (20,000 items) and sell 48,000 items at 35k which would make me a billionaire. Then I buy ALL the stamps, train my pet, feed him nothing but gourmet, and do a gallery of themed items I've been planning for ages.

It's nice to dream, lol.

Reading people's comments makes me wonder where I place on the sliding scale of NP spenders, I hardly ever buy ANYTHING. :laugh:

I splurge occasionally on wearables, but apart from that I mainly only spend on stocks.

I figure buying to hoard also does my bit to keep the neoeconomy going :-) I make shopkeepers happy, they have NPs to spend...it's all good. I spend on nerks way too much, wish they had a limit on how many you can use in a day like the slot machine limits. And I collect stamps.