Help Cy attend a gala!

Zephyr

Hello TDN-ers c:

Cybrielle is my globe-trotting, books-loving, caffeine addicted adventurer (I may or may not have modelled her after Lara Croft :whistle:).

(Link if you'd like to see what she's up to)

But sometimes, she has to put away her favorite boots to attend fundraisers and similar events. While she isn't too fond of them, she needs to mingle with investors and seek potential funding for her future expeditions.

An invitation to one such gala has recently come her way. Out of all (just 4) her dresses, she has decided on her old enemy, the dark lace dress:

medium_preview.png

We have totally no idea what to do! *hopelesswail*

We love NP and NC items; any help will be appreciated :)

Wow! Lennies are hard to dress! And, to make it more of a challenge, Cybrielle is a white Lenny, which makes it even more challenging! Although nice, the Dark Lace Dress doesn't seem "gala like" to me. As a white colored Lenny, it doesn't make her stand out. She really needs some color. It makes her seem grey scale. And, the sleeves don't seem formal enough. She needs those wings free, so she can flap the night away, dancing. With all that said, I don't think I am able to do much better. If you want to stick with a black dress (LBD?), take a look at the Dust Dress. It is an NC item, unfortunately. It does seem gala like, plus I have one, if you think it would work. Another dress with a bit more color is the Dead Red Dress. Again, I think it is a NC item. Floor length, so formal enough. Although not gala like, but fits her adventuring spirit, I have to mention the Hannahs Collectors Dress. The sleeves on that dress look nice on a Lenny, too. Just had to mention that one. A non NC item that might work is the Lady Lenny Dress. Hey, it even has "Lenny" in it. What I really think works, though, is the Luxurious Birthday Ball Dress. The blue shade actually seems to complement the shading color on the white Lenny. Even seems to go with the beak. Formal and gala like, I think. Unfortunately, it seems to be a NC item, too. My method was searching JelloNeo for "dress" and "gown". Seems most are NC. Haven't tried looking for a background or accessories, but thought starting with a dress first, would help with the rest. Anywho, I'll keep thinking about this and see if I can come up with a background and accessories and maybe find one or two more NP dresses.

I thought Scoobert's suggestions were excellent - especially the dust dress, dead red dress, and luxurious birthday ball dress. I can't believe how few np options there are for dresses and gowns! 

My favourite of the 3 was the lux bday dress but I'm not sure how easy it is to obtain. Scoobert mentioned having a dust dress, and I do have a dead red UFT in case you prefer that.

The fancy lenny necklace and fan might be nice as accessories as far as np items go. The silver dubloon necklace also looks lovely and delicate on her graceful neck. I think it may be more expensive though. 

PS I really enjoyed her pet page! You have a gift for writing, I think.

While I'm open to ideas, I'm really hoping to put the dark lace dress to use. This is sort of like a last ditch try to use it; if nothing comes out of it, it may be put uft. Probably.

Also, I'm out of boxes and NC as I had splurged on wintery/holiday outfits so the gala may be mysteriously postponed if there is trading to be done xD

@Scoobert_Doo As I was reading your post, there was a lot internal flailing and wailing (noooooooo playing on loop) going on. Feels like I've made #badneolifechoices rotfl

In all seriousness though, I picked white because of your point: I thought it would be able to showcase her items like a blank canvas. And I have a thing for pale-on-pale (I've been toying with the idea of a noir look) or eye-blinding color clash (or subconsciously I'm a glutton for punishment. I may also have a foot in the monochrome world). I also like the way dresses drape on the Lenny's body like this:

medium_preview.png

(I'm also thinking of using silvery lake BG with the lilac dress. Monochrome world here I come......)

I find the biggest problem in dressing a lenny is the feet/claws so I usually prefer floor length dresses/gowns. Nice as the dust dress is, the tips of her feet are peeking out and shoes would make them look too bulky. I like the Dead Red Dress & its description but I suppose I'd prefer a lower neckline. The black line is a bit distracting for me though the daring red fits her adventurous spirit well. I'd keep the Hannah dress in mind though when she's out running around in her trusty boots, she prefers trousers:

medium_preview.png

@charelan Aw thank you :wub_anim: Cy is my muse so it's easier for me to think up of something for her. I like the lux bday dress too. I sat and admired the fold of the dress for a few minutes and had played around with it on DTI (& nothing came out of it. I'm seeing a pattern here xDD). I find that it leaves her neck too bare hm. Thanks for your suggestion :)

My apologies, then. I think I missed your whole point. It did occur to me that you picked a white pet because any color would go well with it. And I had a feeling you might be going with a monochrome look, too. Unfortunately, I don't catch onto things very fast. And I understand about Lennies and their feet. I thought the same thing with the Dust Dress, that her feet didn't quite look right with the dress, and going through other dresses on JellyNeo and viewing on DTI. Only offered it, as I had it, thought it didn't look too bad, and would have given it away. I was (narrowly) focused on the gala theme and a dress that seemed gala like. I also don't know Cybrielle as you do, what her likes/dislikes are, and her personality. As you might have noticed, I don't customize my pet much, if at all, and based on my suggestions, you can see why. Don't quite have an "eye" for it. However, the Dark Lace Dress just doesn't seem like a dress fancy enough for a gala, IMHO. I can see it working with maybe a "european" or Spain (exotic?) type of theme. Or, maybe she has been invited to the opening of a special museum exhibit, in her honor, for finding/providing the artifacts for the exhibit on her last dig/adventure? I think the dress is fancy enough for that, plus it seems to fit her archaeological side. Only problem is finding a background to fit. (Negg Museum?) I tried several backgrounds and noticed the bottom of the dress is *gasp* see thru! Hope you are able to figure something out. I best leave it to the experts. *goes back to lurking the Customization TDN forum*

First of all, allow me to apologize if I came across as harsh/snarky or that I'm not open to questions or suggestions. All the sarcasm in my last post was directed at me. I was poking fun of myself at my tendency to torture myself with crazy ideas (like a totally washed out look).

Secondly, I don't wish to be too long winded so I just provided a summary of Cy's character and a link to her lookup for a feel of what she's like. I'm sorry if I didn't provide enough information along the way and seem a little lost in my head in regards to other customization ideas I'm toying with.

Thirdly, I can see where you're coming from about the dress not being formal enough. I don't object to your suggestions. Neither do I object to the use of colors. As I had mentioned I actually enjoy even clashing colors. Like I said I can tweak my writing to mysteriously postpone or cancel the gala. It can be a party or a black tie event; it can be worked around the outfit. I'm just trying to find a use for the dress as it's been sitting in my closet for a year-ish and I think that is a waste.

I don't have an eye for dressing up my pets either. I'm more used to dressing up pixel human bases so the pets and their paws always stump me. I always feel like I'm out of my depth here. On that note, thank you for your input; it is much appreciated. One last apology if I didn't address anything. I had all the points in my head all over the place so maybe I missed out something.

On 11/8/2017 at 10:44 PM, Zephyr said:

Hello TDN-ers c:

Cybrielle is my globe-trotting, books-loving, caffeine addicted adventurer (I may or may not have modelled her after Lara Croft :whistle:).

(Link if you'd like to see what she's up to)

But sometimes, she has to put away her favorite boots to attend fundraisers and similar events. While she isn't too fond of them, she needs to mingle with investors and seek potential funding for her future expeditions.

An invitation to one such gala has recently come her way. Out of all (just 4) her dresses, she has decided on her old enemy, the dark lace dress:

medium_preview.png

We have totally no idea what to do! *hopelesswail*

We love NP and NC items; any help will be appreciated :)

I love the dress! I think it could use some gold accessories. The vintage gold earrings and elegant gold necklace would be my choice. If you have the diamond earrings combined with the ice cube or air faerie necklace would work as well.

4 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

I love the dress! I think it could use some gold accessories. The vintage gold earrings and elegant gold necklace would be my choice. If you have the diamond earrings combined with the ice cube or air faerie necklace would work as well.

Thank you for your suggestion & pointing out a whole new direction. I've been knocking myself silly with trying to use silver/gray items that I didn't think of gold. That gold necklace is lovely! :heart:

I'm glad you liked my suggestion. To me, it's the accessories that make or break a good outfit. Gold or diamonds glam up any outfit. :)