Faerie Festival Is Here!

hrtbrk

I didn't want Kaia to be part of much, to be honest. They skimped on her design, her game from home was blah ( :UUU ), and now she's got some seeing eye thing? Nah.

At least we know a battle plot is coming soon and have time to squeeze in some last minute training. I'm trying to train Stripes as much as I can, but the codestones I need for her are normally ones I don't have and I'm not about to go out and buy any. (Dawn is cheap :laugh: )

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, darkangel93 said:

I had a thought and visited the Altador Hall of Heroes. The Darkest Faerie statue has crumbled. 

image.png.cb5ce39ab86ccc8146bf511a0648b224.png

38 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

I think that happened years ago.  At least during the fall of faerieland.  We do suspect it may be relevant though.

This was actually part of  the Altador Plot and not part of The Faerie's Ruin or the upcoming plot. If you finished the Altador Plot you'll see the Darkest Faerie statue broken.

Ah, right.  I remember we tried to talk about it a while back, and I vaguely remembered something happening to it, but we couldn't figure it out... That's just the statue of her, not the statue that is her that is frozen, and that is at the bottom of old Maraqua, right, but slightly different so that maybe she could have actually escaped when all the faeries were unstatued?

So, after who knows how many years, TNT has updated the coming soon page. Lots of new stuff coming, and they are clearly hinting at the plot/war, but what caught my attention was this item:         

clo_twr_badge.gif

It's an unreleased wearable, and judging by its URL ("wr" = Wraith Resurgence) it will most likely be some sort of prize from the upcoming plot.

I really like the artwork for this item. In fact, I've noticed a big improvement in the art of many new items lately (the Screamer Superpack looks lovely).

I can't believe I'm saying this but... I'm starting to get excited for this plot. Still keeping my expectations low thou, just in case.

EDIT: Apparently, the wearable is called "The Wraith Resurgence Participant Badge".

@Hanso That's exciting, thanks for pointing it out! It's been years since I visited that page, since it never has anything helpful on it. I really hope this plot gets going soon...I find myself forgetting that it even exists, since we haven't even had new dialogue on the FF page in several weeks. 

I agree with you that the art of this item (and a lot of other recent items) is great! With it being called "The Wraith Resurgence Participant Badge," I'm hoping it'll be easy to get, since presumably anyone who participated will receive one. I wonder what kind of wearable it is, probably a handheld? It's pretty cool looking, I wish we had previews of what it looks like on a pet. 

That really is exciting indeed! Like you said, I thinks it's been years since they updated that page. I kept on checking the faerie festival page to see if something new was happening but for now it's really quiet. I wonder when it's going to start. Maybe they can do the games master challenge first and then hit of with the plot? I really hope those two event aren't going to be held at the same time. My real life is going to be busy enough the next two weeks.

I do wonder what other new items are going to come out! It feels like they're really trying to get good content/items out even if it means delay! Quality over deadlines is not a bad thing!

This happening must surely mean that things are getting closer, because they'll know that when we saw this we'd think exactly that.

I'm checking the boards for reactions but have been side-tracked by the talk of the glitch that was randomly giving people 6 figures in NC, that must have been fun. lol.gif Veterans day hand outs? And silly people spending it then getting frozen. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh lol, reading further people were getting the computer magic number of 2,147,483,647 in NC, someone made a big booboo, didn't they. lol.gif

When I first heard about the NC glitch, I was hopeful that something was being done behind the scenes for the plot. But then later I heard that it was an external hack done by a user, I guess to take out their frustration on TNT? By causing other users to be frozen for spending un-paid-for NC? Idk, it didn't make a lot of sense to me. But from what I understand, the glitch didn't have anything to do with plot updates, which was kind of disappointing. I really hope they get started with it soon, although we're coming up on Thanksgiving here in the US, and I for one will be travelling for a few days at the end of November, so I hope I don't miss anything important /: 

4 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

When I first heard about the NC glitch, I was hopeful that something was being done behind the scenes for the plot. But then later I heard that it was an external hack done by a user, I guess to take out their frustration on TNT? By causing other users to be frozen for spending un-paid-for NC? Idk, it didn't make a lot of sense to me. But from what I understand, the glitch didn't have anything to do with plot updates, which was kind of disappointing. I really hope they get started with it soon, although we're coming up on Thanksgiving here in the US, and I for one will be travelling for a few days at the end of November, so I hope I don't miss anything important /: 

It seems to be almost Hacking 101, the M.O. that was used here; with them awarding max NC to the people they saw talking about it on the boards. Talk about ego. They're probably busy calling themselves white hat too, because they're helping by exposing a weakness in the code! Sure, "helping" ...grandstanding more like. :rolleyes:

I'll just find coding vulnerabilities and quietly submit a ticket about them, said no teenage hacker, ever...

Will you end up missing part of the GMC then? I'm kind of expecting plot stuff to start once GMC ends, but it might suddenly appear tomorrow! We've really no way of knowing have we so all we can do is wait and see.

I hope the plot starts before the GMC. Patience is a virtue I lack :P You have to wonder how long it will last. And will it run along the Advent Calendar? Also, will it just be a war or is it gonna be a full-fledged plot? Probably the former, but I need answers! :arrowhead:

Regarding the NC fiasco, from what the hacker said, it seemed like she was mad at TNT because they "stole her money". Here's a screenshot of the board she made in case anyone's curious. Makes you wonder if TNT can take legal action against her.

I was worried this whole hacker thing would delay the plot since they had to close down the Mall, but it looks like it's back up now. That was quick!

54 minutes ago, Hanso said:

I hope the plot starts before the GMC. Patience is a virtue I lack :P You have to wonder how long it will last. And will it run along the Advent Calendar? Also, will it just be a war or is it gonna be a full-fledged plot? Probably the former, but I need answers! :arrowhead:

Regarding the NC fiasco, from what the hacker said, it seemed like she was mad at TNT because they "stole her money". Here's a screenshot of the board she made in case anyone's curious. Makes you wonder if TNT can take legal action against her.

I was worried this whole hacker thing would delay the plot since they had to close down the Mall, but it looks like it's back up now. That was quick!

Yeah they certainly seemed to get things fixed pretty quickly, which is a relief.

*sigh*  Yeah that sounds like some immature entitlement rearing its ugly head from the hacker, doesn't it. Wonder what she does when someone takes the last cookie...burn the house down?

With plot, GMC and the Advent Calendar to get in before the year ends, something's got to overlap, hasn't it. I guess we might just have to disconnect from common sense while there's a war going on AND the Winter Starlight Festival, at the same time, lol. It'll be nice if things tie in neatly, but I'm totally not expecting that to happen. :laugh:

I think wars generally include plots, plots often don't include wars.  Or at least in the olden days, I thought that's how it worked.  

I think we might get at least new dialogue tomorrow, based on what Scrappy has said.  That would also coincide with the truce at the obelisk, which would be helpful if they are going to disable all non-war battledome opponents.

I think the advent calendar won't be affected by the war, since it isn't battledome.

And you don't have to disconnect, that there's a war and celebrations at the same time.  Neopia is a world, and these are in different lands.  How many wars are going on in the world right now?  And how many holidays are being celebrated?

New blurb at the bottom of today's news. Looking like this is going to see some action soon!

The winds are truly changing because Fyora is finally ready for you. So don't wait, train up now because the armies are gathering and a time for action is sooner than you think...

5.jpg

If TNT follows pattern, plot updates normally occur on Tuesdays and Fridays. So it may mean at midnight tonight or sometime tomorrow in the news. But either way it's happening soon. :D:happydance:

I'm excited; can't wait to see where this is heading :D For once, I've been following through my new year resolution and have been training my pet regularly so I'm hoping to get a wee bit further as compared to my previous events.

@Jena92 From what TNT has been hinting, it seems very likely that there would be some battling element :)

I'm glad things finally seem to be starting up or at least being more prepared. I have been looking forward to this plot. But the silence on the Faerie Festival page has been driving me insane! I keep thinking that I must be missing something! 

As for training my pets, I never really *understood* the Battledome or how to fight in Neopets. I get the basic concept - battling pets/challengers. What I didn't get was the system for it. Maybe this plot will finally force me to learn it. 

I'm just hoping the battling aspect isn't going to be something that frustrates me/bore me to death. xD But I'm sure I'll find out which soon enough! Well aware it could well be both. :laugh: