Question about rare stamps

Kaimactrash

I got a stamp that seems to be worth around 6mil, I have never ever broken 1mil np on any neopets account even though I've played since like 2001, and so since this is the most valuable item I've ever sold, I was wondering, how long does it normally take to sell the higher priced items? and is there anything I can do to make it ore likely to sell that you know of  

Mostly because I'm really excited to been able to do so many things I've never been able to due to being awful at saving neopoints. 

To get more than 2mil in "pure", just np, not items, you'll have to auction the item.  You can just put it up for auction at the price you want (look at other auctions to make sure the price is current) and hope someone bids, and keep putting it up until someone does.  Or, you can put it in the trading post, and when you get a response put it in a nf only auction for that person.  There's a buying and selling board here where you can list it, you can also advertise it on the neoboards for buying and selling.  Stamps are fairly easy to sell, that's why they go for so much, because there's high demand, especially for albums that have an avatar.

Some of the more expensive stamps take a while to sell because they're so expensive. If the Auctions don't work out, put it in the Trading Post with your asking price. Make sure you price according to the trends on the Trading Post or a bit lower so that yours gets snagged before some of the more expensive ones. Don't simply rely on databases like JellyNeo, since the prices for stamps are often slightly out to lunch. I'm a pretty avid stamp collector so I know a few tricks. :D

Good luck selling your stamp!

Yeah, for accurately pricing unbuyables, I recommend looking at JN's trading post history, not just the most recently updated price, as it'll show you what everyone has asked for it.

I'd also recommend deciding for yourself now what you want to get for it, and the lowest you'll accept for it, that way you can quickly decide how to price and what prices to accept.