Trying to name a pirate krawk

madisonremy

Ah the memories of the fun times I had naming my draik...

I trawled through baby name websites looking for ones for her. Ones that were ocean or fighter-related, and that I actually LIKED, were kind of thin on the ground. >_<

Oh, plus, of course, the BIG issue of wanting a name that didn't have to end up looking like xox_this_xox123 :axehead:

I realised I'd have to go for 2 names joined together because every single one that I tried was already taken, gah! lol. But I was happy enough to have to do that and just capitalise both for definition.

So she ended up being GenovevaArmina I don't really like having the double A thing going on in the middle there but what can you do?

Those 2 names were chosen because I found them pretty and the meanings fitted:

Genoveva -  white wave

Armina - warrior

Dunno if this rambling's going to be ANY kind of help to you, lol. Just thought I'd share my process. :ph34r:

On 8/22/2017 at 10:33 PM, DesertRose said:

First of all, is your  pirate krawk a boy or a girl?

I was going to make a new neopet and then choose a name and then pick the gender. I have no real preference.

20 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Ah the memories of the fun times I had naming my draik...

I trawled through baby name websites looking for ones for her. Ones that were ocean or fighter-related, and that I actually LIKED, were kind of thin on the ground. >_<

Oh, plus, of course, the BIG issue of wanting a name that didn't have to end up looking like xox_this_xox123 :axehead:

I realised I'd have to go for 2 names joined together because every single one that I tried was already taken, gah! lol. But I was happy enough to have to do that and just capitalise both for definition.

So she ended up being GenovevaArmina I don't really like having the double A thing going on in the middle there but what can you do?

Those 2 names were chosen because I found them pretty and the meanings fitted:

Genoveva -  white wave

Armina - warrior

Dunno if this rambling's going to be ANY kind of help to you, lol. Just thought I'd share my process. :ph34r:

That actually helped a lot. I seriously don't want a name like xoxo_123babe. I hate that and kwark's are rare so I want a really good name. I need one for a draik too!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double post. Use the edit button to add new/additional comments.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

1 hour ago, madisonremy said:

That actually helped a lot. I seriously don't want a name like xoxo_123babe. I hate that and kwark's are rare so I want a really good name. I need one for a draik too!

It did? lol, well that's great! xD Hopefully inspiration provides a suitably awesome name for both krawk and draik!

Twice I've tried to put effort into naming a pet.  The first time, I had a name that I liked, but it was taken, so I did a second name thing, like Jelly said.  I wanted to name her Ananda, so I named her AnandaJo, because in the area in which I live, it's common for people to have double names, and one of my favorite double names is ___ Jo.

The second time, I was making cybunnies on cybunny day, and I wanted them to be named some form of "bunny" so I went to google Translate, and put bunny and rabbit in to every language until I found one I liked that wasn't taken.  Then I named that (Dovsan), and then made up a feminine version of that (Dovsana), then I did another language's that sounded cool.

3 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

Twice I've tried to put effort into naming a pet.  The first time, I had a name that I liked, but it was taken, so I did a second name thing, like Jelly said.  I wanted to name her Ananda, so I named her AnandaJo, because in the area in which I live, it's common for people to have double names, and one of my favorite double names is ___ Jo.

The second time, I was making cybunnies on cybunny day, and I wanted them to be named some form of "bunny" so I went to google Translate, and put bunny and rabbit in to every language until I found one I liked that wasn't taken.  Then I named that (Dovsan), and then made up a feminine version of that (Dovsana), then I did another language's that sounded cool.

Thats a really good idea! Thank you!