Signature help?

Robin-chan

I'm trying to put my avatar count in my signature, but the HTML doesn't do anything except show the raw code. I tried linking to the image itself thinking I could turn the image into a link using the toolbar but it won't let me do that either. Am I just gonna have to have the image without a link to my page? I know how HTML works but it seems like putting it in the box doesn't actually "run" the code...

43 minutes ago, Robin-chan said:

I'm trying to put my avatar count in my signature, but the HTML doesn't do anything except show the raw code. I tried linking to the image itself thinking I could turn the image into a link using the toolbar but it won't let me do that either. Am I just gonna have to have the image without a link to my page? I know how HTML works but it seems like putting it in the box doesn't actually "run" the code...

I hope you don't mind but I went ahead and edited your signature for you. It was easier to do it myself and troubleshoot. So now that I know what the issue was I can tell you how to correct it for next time and for anyone else who may be wondering.

All you did was paste the HTML code into the text editor causing it to just link. Instead what you need to do is click on the source button at the top left corner of the text editor and then paste your avatar code there. When that's done click the source button again to go back to the regular text editor and it should be all fixed.

Another thing to be aware of is if you add any new avatars to your counter stats it may take up to 24 hours before your avatar counter on the forums is updated. I hope this helps! :D

2 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

I hope you don't mind but I went ahead and edited your signature for you. It was easier to do it myself and troubleshoot. So now that I know what the issue was I can tell you how to correct it for next time and for anyone else who may be wondering.

All you did was paste the HTML code into the text editor causing it to just link. Instead what you need to do is click on the source button at the top left corner of the text editor and then paste your avatar code there. When that's done click the source button again to go back to the regular text editor and it should be all fixed.

Another thing to be aware of is if you add any new avatars to your counter stats it may take up to 24 hours before your avatar counter on the forums is updated. I hope this helps! :D

I figured there was a way to show a separate editor specifically for doing HTML. I'm looking for the source button on the text editor and I can't see it anywhere? o_O I can show you a screenshot of what I see in case it's not showing up for me or if I'm just blind and can't see it, haha. Thank you for fixing my counter. I shouldn't have messed with the other images, I only did so because I thought the signature fixed itself after a while and adding other HTML things would eventually fix themselves, too.

4 minutes ago, Robin-chan said:

I figured there was a way to show a separate editor specifically for doing HTML. I'm looking for the source button on the text editor and I can't see it anywhere? o_O I can show you a screenshot of what I see in case it's not showing up for me or if I'm just blind and can't see it, haha. Thank you for fixing my counter. I shouldn't have messed with the other images, I only did so because I thought the signature fixed itself after a while and adding other HTML things would eventually fix themselves, too.

The source button is at the very top left corner. It look slike a page with <> on it and Source written beside it. It's literally right beside the big B for bolding your text. If you're just including an image, you can delete the code you have above, and just copy + paste the image itself in and it will auto format.

Just now, Mouseykins said:

The source button is at the very top left corner. It look slike a page with <> on it and Source written beside it. It's literally right beside the big B for bolding your text. If you're just including an image, you can delete the code you have above, and just copy + paste the image itself in and it will auto format.

I guess I don't have that... o_O I don't even have that on my bar for posts, haha.

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 7.52.24 PM.png

1 hour ago, Robin-chan said:

I guess I don't have that... o_O I don't even have that on my bar for posts, haha.

You do. In your picture above, where it says "Signature", start with the "B", for bold, and count seven items to the right, including the "B". The <> is the "source code" button. But, it looks like you figured it out. Nice TDN signature!

1 hour ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

You do. In your picture above, where it says "Signature", start with the "B", for bold, and count seven items to the right, including the "B". The <> is the "source code" button. But, it looks like you figured it out. Nice TDN signature!

I was under the impression that that button displayed a line of code in the forums so people could copy/paste it. I used another method to get the other images in. xD

Edit: I'm saying that because I did try using it, thinking that it would show the "source" version of the text box. But it just showed a special box that had the code inside, much like

boxes on BBCode forums.
Edit 2: Disregard all this, I had no idea whether the forums used HTML for sigs or BBCode. I could've just used BBCode... I feel dumb.

Well I'm sorry about that! I forgot that because I'm staff I can post in HTML and all that whoops! Not even sure why it didn't register that you were using the wrong code. It's been a very crazy day!

8 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

Well I'm sorry about that! I forgot that because I'm staff I can post in HTML and all that whoops! Not even sure why it didn't register that you were using the wrong code. It's been a very crazy day!

I think I tried the BBCode but it didn't immediately look like it should and I hadn't found the preview button yet so I assumed it didn't work. Sorry for causing trouble. xD

It's alright, I'm glad you got it figured out. Now I know my text editor is different than all the rest of yours. :D

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Mouseykins if you have any questions regarding this action.