Question about current rankings.

Oddly enough, after all these AC's, I still don't know what the heck a "Round Robin" is, so I am wondering if I am reading this page correctly...
http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/standings.phtml
Is Maraqua ACTUALLY in 3rd place overall as of this speck of a moment in time?! o_O

I know Maraqua's only total defeat was by Meridell, so that's probably why they are 2nd, is that correct also?

I'm trying to motivate the couple of people who are still active in the guild I'm in. If I am right about Marauqa's current placement, it might motivate them to keep playing. One just said this AC was boring.... lol Which I kind of agreed with, until I saw Maraqua in the standings. ;)

Round Robin is a form of competition where each competitor meets the other. (As opposed to the bracket system from previous years, where you'd only play the teams in your own bracket.)
From what I gather from the explanation (below) on the standing's page, yes, I think Maraqua's current placement is correct. Although I guess the standings have just changed to reflect yesterday's games, because Maraqua is showing up in 5th place for me, but still, I'd say that was reason to motivate the people in your guild. :)

Throughout the tournament, you can keep track of how your team is doing overall by checking the standings. This year's tourney is divided into two rounds:

1. Round 1 (Round Robin): consists of 17 days where each team plays against every other team once. A win for the day's match is determined by which team won the most game categories as seen in The Match Schedule.
    • Win Example: Team A has Win, Win, Win, Loss in the 4 games respectively. Since Team A has 3 wins to Team B's 1 win clearly Team A won the day's match and the round robin point for that day's match.
    • Tie-break Example: Team A has Win (6 to 5), Loss (4 to 5), Win (8 to 5), Loss (4 to 7) in the 4 games. So equal wins and losses.
      We sum and compare the non-rounded version of the game scores to determine Team A wins the Round Robin Point by a narrow margin with 22.4940 game points vs Team B's 22.3905 game points.
      (It breaks down to (5.3919+4.6613+5.4666+6.9742) 22.4940 team A game points vs (6.0842+4.3536+7.8212+4.1315) = 22.3905 team B game points)
  2. The Finals Round consists of the 18 teams being divided into 3 brackets where each team plays against other teams within their respective bracket. The final cumulative point totals will decide who takes home the cup (and who takes home a heavy heart).

Currently in the way Round 1 scores things/makes standings, Wins (in YYB,SLSL,SOSD) make all the difference. I see that Maraqua is in 4th place (@8 currently tied w/ Virtupets and Krawk Island) for the most wins/loses in the round robin style. So Maraqua is in 4th place in the Round 1 atm? However, just pure score points are going to make all the difference in finals which will solidify who is where.

(At least this is my understanding / It is quite confusing)