Your Fashion Counselor!

The Faellie immediately appeals to me, I like the distribution of the red. If I had a robot pet I'd want it to have an oil can or similar as a petpet. 🤭

You guys can help me with the same situation. I want a petpet for Stoopzy but I've just got no IDEA what kind of petpet to give an Invisible pet. 🥴

@Angeló @jellysundae

Thank you both! 🥰

I'm having a difficult time deciding on a definitive petpet and I appreciate your suggestion! 

17 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I want a petpet for Stoopzy but I've just got no IDEA what kind of petpet to give an Invisible pet. 🥴

A petpet for an Invisible pet? 🤔 I think that what works the best for those pets are petpets that somehow have a relation with the "outfit" you're using. 

Let me try to find you some examples!

image.png.96b9dfccb559de3d8912da2665c23084.pngimage.png.151f47df804a0b1059e9560486513fbd.png                   image.png.8d1f68d14464571659aa6be6f0f4dfda.pngimage.png.dfc48ba2b25578e91a035cc642ceb1fa.png                   image.png.f9375f6cc19029d6ce767cce980b1b04.pngimage.png.15ae5f27d4cdc34c214e6caec885d0a6.png

image.png.eeba3918a0f0397f1121c7f2357e9cfd.pngimage.png.86bb0a6605028af739b31f0871c697c6.png         image.png.970b9a81e55c98c668181496d729a104.pngimage.png.2f332a75bd2c5c1f43ebc2110edf6657.png     image.png.e8bff4b5c65713b810091317969576a1.pngimage.png.3ad4d300ae972a66cff7c2f7ffc2c8cb.png

These are just some examples.

Otherwise, I'd go for an Invisible petpet as well.

@Yuiina Yes! A petpet related to the customisation is what I was pondering. It would mean Stoopzy ended up with a lot of petpets! But I'm cool with that, I rather like the idea of them ending up with a menagerie.

Incidentally I LOVE the Up cosplay you found there!

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

It would mean Stoopzy ended up with a lot of petpets! But I'm cool with that, I rather like the idea of them ending up with a menagerie.

🤣 

I can't wait to see which custom you'll come up with next! Or you'll keep the teacup alone? 

Noooo, he's not gonna be eaten, he's gonna live forever! Might end up back in my SDB if I have a customisation/petpet brainwave, but no consumption of this little cake! :hmmph:

• 4 weeks later...

medium_preview.png   medium_preview.png

Could I get some advice on these outfits? I'm going for a look where my Kacheek is having tea at a trendy, up-scale cafe that was converted from a historical building (hence the lovely exposed brick). I'm leaning towards the first outfit, but I'm worried that all the colours blend together too much. The second outfit I also like, but there's something about the wig that doesn't fit *quite* right to me. I'm looking for NP-options only; paintbrush clothes are fine too.

Thanks!

@whispers This is really cute, and I agree with everything you've said. That's not a terrible fit for the second wig exactly, is it, I love how the knot sits neatly below the ear, but it is too far up on the forehead. The red elements of the second outfit definitely help alleviate the overall brown-ness of the first one.

Do you like the pleasant kacheek wig? image.png.8cf1c42608ce31d095748c8c02632cce.pngor the Sassy Fire Faerie one? image.png.aff337a9e3a1db06503e07adf68f3304.png

Oh, or there's a decent-sized hat that's got red tones in it. The feathered Hat.

image.png.3e14b750b444d22317daeda7266e2047.png This doesn't scream "I'm bald under this" like so many hats do because they're smol compared to the big Kacheek bonce. xD

I have to say, congrats on finding a way to use that fireplace! I was so excited when we got it, but that soon disappeared once I realised it had been drawn head-on rather than at an angle so was going to be close to impossible to get to look good in any setting. Nothing I've tried it with so far has worked; what is that background then?

@jellysundae

Ohh, I do like the feathered hat! It makes her into a fancy type of lady, and that's the right vibe for this outfit. Thanks for the suggestion!

The background is actually the Shearing Room Background! I love the exposed brick and wood beams in the back, but it was a pain and a half to find something that covered up the random piles of wool and the shears in the top corner. The fireplace also goes well with the Inside the Hub Background.

39 minutes ago, whispers said:

The background is actually the Shearing Room Background!

NICE! I could see a hint of something there on the floor, but I couldn't work out what it was, now I know! :D  I'm off to buy this background immediately!

It's rather a nice hat, isn't it, my Kacheek regrets liking his hair so much as he'd like to wear it. xD

5 hours ago, whispers said:

@jellysundae

If you put together another custom with the Shearing background, please post it! I love working with "ugly" or uncommon wearables; it's more of a creative challenge to style them.

I'm not convinced I can come up with anything worthwhile, lol. It basically needs the tea table and the fireplace to hide the largest clumps of wool doesn't it, it's one of those situations where all the items you want to use together are on the same layer. >_<;;

• 2 weeks later...

So, I should be playing YYB but I'm bored and have instead wasted an hour trying out customisations for my flotsam!! I have the background and the flower already, so it's the clothing items I'm playing around with.

image.png.a42cff134f3a07c3673db6e81beaf71c.png

Brown Suit Coat, Flotsam Spy Trousers and Sunny Flotsam Sandals. Alternatively exchanging the trousers for the Altador Cup Skirt for a more 'girly' look. But the Spy Jacket seems too bulky for the more streamlined approach I'm aiming for.

An alternative is something like this:

image.png.33bc08031b402190d29f910d19b79830.png

Which is the Charming Flotsam Bodice accented by the Flowery Flotsam Necklace with the Cosmic Space Faerie Leggings. The Altador Cup Skity also works with this look, possibly.

There are so many clothing items that don't work with Flotsam's! They're not quite as bad as the Jetsam, but it's not that far off!!

So, any thoughts or other ideas? I think I've gone through every darn top neopets has to offer and those are the two that seemed to work best, but I'm not so sure about the bodice. I previously had the Plated Armour Top and Trousers on her which was ideal, but they are NC items and I don't want to move them off my main if possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well, customization is definately not my cup of tea. I still miss the UC pets (still unable to get over the grey yurble I never had)

So I wonder if you guys can help me change both my Boris. NP items only, preferably that don't hide them completely (well, i painted them for something right?) and I have a budget of 1mi max.

This is how Rabytull and Tybitha look rn

891745554_ScreenShot2020-07-12at21_46_05.png.8e5a17b16a901f2ef1d6422cb9fe75e7.png 728199180_ScreenShot2020-07-12at21_45_56.png.340e95e8102170cbd40f55253b45b0df.png

10 hours ago, anapm.agostini said:

Oh well, customization is definately not my cup of tea. I still miss the UC pets (still unable to get over the grey yurble I never had)

So I wonder if you guys can help me change both my Boris. NP items only, preferably that don't hide them completely (well, i painted them for something right?) and I have a budget of 1mi max.

This is how Rabytull and Tybitha look rn

891745554_ScreenShot2020-07-12at21_46_05.png.8e5a17b16a901f2ef1d6422cb9fe75e7.png 728199180_ScreenShot2020-07-12at21_45_56.png.340e95e8102170cbd40f55253b45b0df.png

Without knowing exactly what you're after I've tried a few things out and come up with a few ideas which would be well within budget.

For Rabytull, his colouring works beautifully with the autumnal theme and I can't help but think that simplicity is the key here, so the cloak could come off if you want to see more of his natural colouring:

image.png.f5679eb8f2049e7ed76c63f6811abc0a.png

That's the:

Autumn Country Road Background: 6150np

Autumn Shrubbery: 4000np

Gothic Bori Rose: Under 1000np

Moltaran Bori Gentleman Cloak: 13,000np

Lovely Bori Tail Jewellery: 8000np

I've got rather more girly and fussy for Tybitha, so this might not be up your street:

image.png.ddd821ca8b244fc11115fd9e98d55705.png

That's:

Fyoras Balcony: 8000np

Pretty Fyora Potted Flowers: 15,500np

Bori Flower Girl Basket: 4400np

Bori Flower Girl Dress: 8000np

Bori Flower Girl Shoes: 9000np

Maractite Lined Bori Wig: 5350np

The winter theme may work well for Tybitha, so I can give that a shot if you'd prefer a less frilly, more simplistic look. I tend to stay away from wigs, but from your current customisations, see you favour them and the Venuquin Inspired Wig works surprisingly well with the Autumnal Bori idea for an extra 3200np.

image.png.e39cab357cc00a46e808cbf15a1ec4e2.png

14 hours ago, anapm.agostini said:

OMG @Secre i loved it! Specially the autumn themed! 

And despite not really being into the girly-girl, I feel like it fits Tybitha rather well! 

Thank you bunches ❤️

I'm glad you liked them! The autumn one was my favourite out of the two! I'm not really girly girly, hence my proviso on that outfit!

I played around with the winter theming as well just in case - I've found quite a love for messing around with customisations. I have one cheap and one expensive outfit!

Cheap first:

image.png.089377d1972673ad2dba4218bbedc74f.png

Grey Winter Evening Background: 6000np

Snow Laden Foreground: 1825np

Simple Snowflake Cape: 3225np

Maractite Lined Bori Shirt: 1200np

Maractite Lined Bori Trousers: 8250np

Maractite Lined Bori Wig: 5350np - I've included the wig for completeness, but obviously that's an extra.

Elegant Gear Boots: 3750np

(You can also use the Bori Gnome Trousers and Bori Miner Shirt that you already own instead of the Maractite, but I quite liked the bolder colours.)

And the expensive option:

image.png.ed82429d36e922b3becad6a6eb091f82.png

Which is the same to start with, but the skirt is expensive. I liked the floating effect around the winged feet though!

Grey Winter Evening Background: 6000np

Snow Laden Foreground: 1825np

Simple Snowflake Cape: 3225np

Maractite Lined Bori Shirt: 1200np

Cosmic Space Faerie Leggings: 575,000np 

Winged Ice Skates: 14,500np

Venuquin Inspired Wig: 3200np (again, included in case you like wigs and it is quite striking I admit!)

@Secre

I fell in love with the cosmic space faerie leggings but when it was time to pay it out I just couldn't! lol

I just this morning went on a shopping spree:

Rabytull is all fall themed because I was 100% SOLD, but with a little more clothes (I loved the "rocker" look😞

758729654_ScreenShot2020-07-15at09_10_50.png.23661f60848b2de684f418e076e63c5d.png

As for Tybitha, I started out with the look you suggested, started trying out a few different things and ended up with a different look, what I'm calling "granny" lol

1217335538_ScreenShot2020-07-15at09_12_39.png.ebd2d07734a4a157a1a79df6c55fae3b.png

14 minutes ago, anapm.agostini said:

@Secre

I fell in love with the cosmic space faerie leggings but when it was time to pay it out I just couldn't! lol

I just this morning went on a shopping spree:

Rabytull is all fall themed because I was 100% SOLD, but with a little more clothes (I loved the "rocker" look😞

758729654_ScreenShot2020-07-15at09_10_50.png.23661f60848b2de684f418e076e63c5d.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=8f3a9dc7dd6f67cb

As for Tybitha, I started out with the look you suggested, started trying out a few different things and ended up with a different look, what I'm calling "granny" lol

1217335538_ScreenShot2020-07-15at09_12_39.png.ebd2d07734a4a157a1a79df6c55fae3b.png

Yes, those cosmic leggings are on my wish list but the price is eye watering! 

They look really cute!! I like the little oasis in the background of Tybitha's customisation with the budding flowers all around.

I even looked at the denim items but thought they might hide too much of the colouring!!

The Falling Autumn Leaves Shower is really cute but unfortunately NC and looks difficult to trade for at the moment, but worth keeping an eye on for the autumn theme!!

6 hours ago, Secre said:

The Falling Autumn Leaves Shower is really cute but unfortunately NC and looks difficult to trade for at the moment, but worth keeping an eye on for the autumn theme!!

I never even bother looking for NC items so I don't get tempted, but I sure will look into it!

I loved the Autumn theme so much that I was thinking of having a pet in each season lol, but the blue from the faerie bori doesn't really mach with winter blue 🙄 

13 hours ago, anapm.agostini said:

I never even bother looking for NC items so I don't get tempted, but I sure will look into it!

I loved the Autumn theme so much that I was thinking of having a pet in each season lol, but the blue from the faerie bori doesn't really mach with winter blue 🙄 

I like looking at the NC and I have a fair few items, although most aren't worthwhile for my customisations or even for trading. But yes, when doing customisations on JellyNeo I tend to immediately take the NC items out unless I know I already have it!

• 1 month later...

I've found a background that works with the flatly-drawn Advent Calendar fireplace! I'm stoked! I'm doubly pleased about this because it's a background that I'm pretty sure just about no-one uses because it's kinda rubbish xD

medium_preview.png

I'm aware the arch really doesn't fit the aesthetic of the room, but hey, let's not get judgey about other people's decorating choices. xD Think of Berry as living in a rented house - a small Victorian terrace by the look of it - that got some dubious structural changes made in the 70s and hasn't been re-decorated since, lol.

I really like the cosy vibe though. But mostly I just LOVE how that nice red bowl on the mantel is actually the top of a big vase. xD The fireplace actually works some magic and makes the room look a LOT wider, check it out.

medium_preview.png  vs.  medium_preview.png

Handily hiding that lack of maintenance too! xD Yep, this is def rented property xD

I do wish that arch wasn't so very 70s, but I do love how it creates two separate spaces, though the bottom of it argues with pretty much any lower foreground item. These plant stands are pretending they have legs there, when it's actually the arch showing below them, lol.

But yep, I'm very pleased with the cute home Berry now has. :D Now I'll leave her to curl up on that very comfy-looking sofa and drink her hot chocolate.  ☕