Your Fashion Counselor!

I LOVE that foxy dude! he is just SO cute. :D He looks like if you watch him long enough he'll swish his tail :3

I like how the shamrocks look, the gormball flowers are a bit too much for me, though if you add my perennial favourite too they work very nicely. Hmm...tempted to get some myself now!

medium_preview.png

The Wheeler's bike is fun, but it IS eek! level expensive for a peripheral item. I still say put it on your Maybe List to consider if you have an NP windfall though.

medium_preview.png

And here's how things turned out with my little guy!

And this unassuming-looking pet shows he has a way of getting what HE wants, lol...

First we had a trip to the shops for a new shirt (thanks for those NC, Expellibox!) then he headed for the beach. He wasn't at all keen on crowds and shrieking kids though, so he spent some quality time, paddling and flying his kite, in a nice secluded bay.

IOybQiW.png

Whilst daydreaming as he watched his kite he realised this would be a perfect spot for a pirate to have buried their treasure, so he decided to stay and do some investigating.

medium_preview.png

But sadly the beach turned out to be a let down...no treasure to be found here, bummer! He was totally into the hunt by now though, so he struck out inland in true explorer style, and is currently camped out in a dell deep in the forest, hoping to make an epic discovery!

medium_preview.png

Kind of ironic that I'm encouraging you to shelve your decision about the Wheeler's bike, when I've just spent 105k on this background. :laughingsmiley: But that's the difference between background and item, isn't it. If I'd spent 100k on the shovel then I'd deserve to be hit with it. xD

But there you go, Tato's beach holiday turned into a camping treasure hunt!

I was trying to avoid the Shrubbery for Kikool, since it is a neighborhood.

I can imagine  what will you think: If you are avoiding those because it is a neighborhood then why do you have the brances there? 
Well :blush: There are trees in the background. 

But the bike would definetely look perfect with something in the foreground! 

On 21/08/2017 at 4:55 PM, jellysundae said:

Kind of ironic that I'm encouraging you to shelve your decision about the Wheeler's bike, when I've just spent 105k on this background. :laughingsmiley: But that's the difference between background and item, isn't it. If I'd spent 100k on the shovel then I'd deserve to be hit with it. xD

I know right?! You totally would deserve to be hit with it if it  costed 100k xD
But I'm 85% sure I will buy one... I mean .. the Faellie moves :blush02: It is super cute! 

Uhhh I liked how Tato's vacations turned out! And that background is ssoooo worth the 100k! 

6 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

But I'm 85% sure I will buy one... I mean .. the Faellie moves :blush02: It is super cute! 

I know right! I'll admit to a little squee when I realised it moves :blush02:

My little guy may have found a new calling and become a dare-devil explorer from now on! Considering how he totally changed both our plans for his holiday. :laughingsmiley:

Sorry I've been neglecting this topic, guys cry.gif

But let's get to it... *rubs hands*

@balloongal247 At this point your fashion show is probably over, but I just wanted to say I like the stringy hair (I prefer the sun glasses over the goggles, though). And as for the other outfit, I came up with this:

medium_preview.png

Items used: Gourmet Club Bowls Background, Dapper Xweetok Hat, Cool Xweetok Shades, Basic White Shirt, Dapper Xweetok Trousers and Dapper Xweetok Shoes

@Yuiina What are you talking about, the way you did your post was great (and so were your suggestions, btw)! Are you a Virgo? lol

Now, to Kikool's petpet... Those are all good choices, but I really like the Gingerbread Dandan because it's edible. But I've also always been a fan of Slorgs and I think the Ombat is really cute too. So those are my top 3!

As for his outfit, I'm with Jelly. The gormball flowers look nicer with the shrubbery (the shrubbery is also my go-to foreground item, lol). I think if you're including flowers, the shrubbery makes just as much sense in a neighbourhood - someone planted them there. But okay, I'm not gonna try and convince you to like them xD What do you think of Wood Planter Fence?

medium_preview.png

@jellysundae Aww, what a fun adventure! I enjoyed seeing that! And LOL, that shovel is actually one of my favourite items, I love how it's called "Suspicious Shovel" and the description is "Hmm... it looks like this shovel has been recently used." lol.gif

4 hours ago, deboratibi said:

I love how it's called "Suspicious Shovel" and the description is "Hmm... it looks like this shovel has been recently used." lol.gif

Yes! Conspiracy theories surely abound about what (or WHO) was buried with it... :ph34r:

xD

OH!! Just realised! Ladies...with an event looming, that's GOT to mean a bunch of new items, right? And some will definitely be equipable...one (or more!) of them might be a super-useable foreground item!! If we all wish for it hard enough it just might work...:lmaosmiley:

• 1 month later...

Hey!

I am looking for a little help and input for my lovely Kau!moonkau.png.9319b862d672330adec2e2dd63c127cb.png

Her current look is bit here and there put together. And the Water colour was actually the first paint brush I was able to buy, so I do like it very much but I'm not neccesarily stuck on it. I've been lucky to earn quite a bit of NP so this is not a problem either.

Just in terms of clothing, background, accesoires and all I could really use some input.

Thank you!

@LunaS, you are wanting NP items only, correct?  You don't have any NC items, and aren't looking to buy or trade for any, right? 

Are you looking for a fall themed customization?

Well, I guess you have some NC items, as two in this customization are.

Maybe something like this?

medium_preview.png

• Haunted Woods Background
  • Old Cobwebs Foreground
  • Country Kau Dress

4 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

@LunaS, you are wanting NP items only, correct?  You don't have any NC items, and aren't looking to buy or trade for any, right? 

Are you looking for a fall themed customization?

Well, I guess you have some NC items, as two in this customization are.

Maybe something like this?

medium_preview.png

• Haunted Woods Background
  • Old Cobwebs Foreground
  • Country Kau Dress

Yeah NP items only ^^. I hate the whole concept of paying real money for np stuff. That is a really cute customisation! I especially like the background! Yeah I do have a lot of NC items that I won or from events, and am willing to trade those (not too sure how that works but still)

1 hour ago, balloongal247 said:

Yeah, I thought that background was super cool, with the full moon.  I might need to go buy it myself!

Just tried to find it on jellyneo and it's pretty much impossible to get haha. There's not even a price 

It was apparantly a Beta background that was only released to 10 users so that's not gonna happen ahahah

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double post. Use the EDIT button if you are the most recent reply.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

14 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

Well, it says it was then given as a Rare Item Code giveaway.  But by 07 I think there were also few things that gave rare item codes, so that's still not likely.  Sorry..

Nothing to be sorry for! Still gave me some good ideas, just a shame that that background isn't available but there's plenty more =D

17 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

The 

Haunted Weapon Silhouette Background

has the same kind of full moon through the bare trees look.

I really like that one too yeah!

I need some petpet matching assistance! My Pastel Zafara currently has a labbed petpet, and I wanted to get her a nice permanent one, that matches her. I've thought of the following options:

4.png

Pink Alkenore     Spring Faellie      Birthday Alabriss     Plushie Hasee

Pink Alkenore: I like its colour, it's almost as if it were also pastel. And I like the cute expression on its face.
Spring Faellie: It's a pastel/baby pink colour (even if the lines are black), and the flowers on its head matches my Zafara's wig.
Birthday Alabriss: Again, pastel-ish colours, and it matches her outfit's general theme (sweets). I also like its facial expression.
Plushie Hasee: Pastel colours with black lines (like the Faellie), and I like that it's round (no special reason, I just like round things, lol).

Which of these options do you guys like best? I'm not going to list their prices, because I'd like to see some opinions based on their looks alone - I'll take price into consideration later. So for now, let's pretend they each cost the exact same amount of NPs xD

The Spring Faellie looks like the closest match to your Zafara's tail color.

I think I personally like the Birthday Alabriss the best. (Faellie second best)

The Alkenore and Hassee just seem.... Plainer?  More like a toy than a pet (especially the plushie one)?

The Pink Alkenore also doesn't have as much variation of coloring, as like accents and stuff?  It's just very much that one shade of pink.

All but the Alabriss seem like very old fashioned graphics.

Now that you've pointed out roundness, I'm going to say you sure do have a lot of round things in that customization.

I notice you've mentioned some of the pros as being similar to this customization, but you want the petpet to be permanent... Do you not change her customization much if ever?

I'm partial to Spring Faellies, since I have one on my Pastel Xweetok! I think it's super cute that it has the flower headband in common with your Zafara's wig. 
I also really like the Birthday Alabriss, because it goes SO WELL with the sweets theme you have going on, plus the colors match really well!

But I agree with Balloongal, those would really only work out in the long term if you don't plan on changing your pet's customization. 

If you want some more flexibility, I would go with the Pink Alkenore. I think the color matches really well, and it doesn't really have a theme going, so it would be more versatile. 

The Plushie Hasee is a last choice for me - personally, I don't much like plushie pets/petpets, and in this specific case I think the colors are a little bit too dark to really match your Zafara and her customization. 

I think the plushie Hassee is adorable, I wanna squish it! I like that as an option as it picks out some of the blue in the customisation, and I just like plushie things. :3

But I also particularly like the Alkenore, like you it's the expression that does it for me. It's got more personality than the Hassee. The other two are just too pretty princess for me, which is maybe a somewhat ridiculous comment considering the customisation is about as pretty princess as you can get! :laugh: But you did ask what we like the best, lol.

@balloongal247 I hadn't realised there were so many round things in that outfit! :laugh: Anyway, my customisation habits vary from pet to pet. In her case, since I don't find Pastel pets very easy to customise, and I went through a lot of trouble to obtain all the items for this outfit, I wouldn't like to change it any time soon. And if I ever do decide to change it, I think I'd try stick with a similar colour scheme and/or theme.

That's true what you said about the Alabriss! I think it's because it was redrawn for this colour and the others probably were done over the original base, which are quite old.

Alabriss   Birthday Alabriss      Faellie   Spring Faellie
original vs birthday                      original vs spring

@kayahtik Since I don't believe I'm likely to change the customisation, I don't think that will be a problem. I'm not any closer to making a decision though, so maybe it's time to bring in some numbers, lol. Their prices are:
Pink Alkenore: ~700k
Spring Faellie: ~65k (I have one in my SDB though)
Birthday Alabriss: ~65k
Plushie Hasee: ~30k

The Alkenore is really the only expensive one...

@jellysundae lol you know, as much pretty princess as she looks, I did want to try and develop a character for her, so perhaps I should do that as soon as possible, and take personality into consideration. Which petpet would make a better companion, and which one would make more sense in the context of her story? Let's find out xD

Why don't you find pastel pets easy to customize?  I would think her coloring would be a lot easier to work with than say my water pet.  I certainly find my new pastel ixi to be a lot easier and a lot more fun to customize than my water xwee.  I actually changed her to my active today because I was sad that I never get to actually see her, because she's so pretty.

Here, after just a few minutes of doing a customization with only items that I own, I came up with this spookier October one, and confirmed that she is super easy to customize.

medium_preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1463935

Edited by balloongal247
Added customization

9 hours ago, deboratibi said:

I did want to try and develop a character for her, so perhaps I should do that as soon as possible, and take personality into consideration. Which petpet would make a better companion, and which one would make more sense in the context of her story? Let's find out xD

Her look at the moment makes me think of this Japanese gem. Not sure what kind of personality that would be lol.gif

I couldn't remember the title of this song, so I just googled "crazy Japanese song" and up it popped. xDD

@balloongal247 I'm not sure why I say that, I suppose you're right about them not actually being difficult to customise. Maybe I'm just pickier when it comes to pastel pets, for some reason. lol

@jellysundae Omg, that's fantastic! lol.gif That girl actually reminds me of someone I know. She has a very bubbly personality, but is also kind of insane :lmaosmiley: Which petpet would you give to someone like that? I still like all options, but I think I might be pending a tiny bit more towards the Alabriss...

9 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

@jellysundae Omg, that's fantastic! lol.gif That girl actually reminds me of someone I know. She has a very bubbly personality, but is also kind of insane :lmaosmiley: Which petpet would you give to someone like that? I still like all options, but I think I might be pending a tiny bit more towards the Alabriss...

Haha, I was hoping you'd like it. xD I've got to say the birthday Alabriss certainly fits the totally over the top vibe I get from this customisation, it couldn't really be any more perfect, unless it had a rainbow unicorn horn maybe? xD

• 1 month later...

Hi Friends!  

I came here a month or so ago looking for your advice on my MoonKau, now I am a bit further ahead but could use some feedback nevertheless. Ironically I found my favourite background so far for only 9000np xD. And it suits her perfectly.

moonkauuu1.png.5249ae501cba7b76acdbdab995999b56.png

HOWEVER...I bought an Eventide Paint Brush to bring to the Rainbow Fountain, but when I put on the new background I found that I very much liked the way she looked now, as a Water Kau.

So what do you think, keep her Water, or paint her Eventide? 

I think, if you really like the way she looks now, wait until you are restless with her coloring again before you paint her.  (it does look cool unclothed in that environment)

That being said, I just repainted my water pet to Christmas because I was not happy with the blue skin.  I also dressed her up for the holiday.

medium_preview.png

Edited by balloongal247