Your Fashion Counselor!

I was going to suggest the blue bow, since you can get it at the Money Tree! But it's good that you already have it :D

Anyway, a few suggestions:

medium_preview.png

Not the most interesting solution, but a simple one: Basic White Shirt

medium_preview.png medium_preview.png

I don't know if you've considered these, or if you think they're "too white" (Lacy Gnorbu Dress and White Faux Fur Coat)

medium_preview.png medium_preview.png

Punkish Short Dress? Fancy Pink Gown?

medium_preview.png medium_preview.png medium_preview.png  

Sky Line Skirt with = Basic White Shirt  /  Wool Gnorbu Cardigan  /  School Girl Jumper

medium_preview.png

In case you like green: Sprin Green Chiffon Blouse + Spring Green Ruffle Skirt

It's a shame that that Lacy Gnorbu Dress can't be worn tucked into the skirt Yuiina already has! That would look very pretty as a top.

Sorry that I answered so late, work has been crazy lately.

@deboratibi thank you for your lovely suggestions :heart:
I think that the first one is a very good solution according to the wide options NP customization brings :laughingsmiley: 
The white dresses make her way too white for my taste, as you said yourself.
The blue skirt is very beautiful as well! I may switch with the shell's one from time to time. 

On 2017-6-16 at 8:14 PM, jellysundae said:

It's a shame that that Lacy Gnorbu Dress can't be worn tucked into the skirt Yuiina already has! That would look very pretty as a top.

Yeap! Exactly my thoughts! :who-let-rip:

• 2 weeks later...

I know I will double post but it is needed.

I'm back! :D I have many things I'd like to discuss with you because ... I'm very indecisive and afraid to do something that will give me prejudice so I'll be using this thread a lot ahah

So today I'll ask you to help me with petpets! 

I'm looking for a petpet for my Staralay 

4.png 

430.gif  Plushie Hasee Mazzew Brown MiamouseOmbat Sandan Spring Faellie

These are my choices but I'm open to new ones

and a color for Maya's Weewoo

4.png

Plushie Weewoo Weewoo White Weewoo Yellow Weewoo

I'm also open to other petpet's ideas, as long as they're birds, and also other colors

Oh gosh, the plushie Hasee :heart: The blue feepit would compliment the hair bow beautifully. Coordinating your pet to your outfit, how VERY 21st century, dahling! :rolleyes::laughingsmiley:

I like the yellow Weewoo because it looks like a little chick, but I like the white one best because of the nice contrast of the beak and wings with the feathers.

This would be kind of perfect for Staralay, lol 31987.gif

I like the Beekadoodle 8581.gifbut it doesn't have the cuddly vibe that Maya has.

As an aside, look how fat the Birthday kad looks...55313.gif'cause it's eaten all the cake? xD

Not suggesting this guy, it's just cool! Captive Shadow Wraith...41634.gif

I've just decided that I need to go back to zapping a petpet, until i get one of THESE! 57627.gif

Though the ultimate aim HAS to be...POTATO ROCK! 57628.gif

Yeah I'm not helping with your petpet choices AT. ALL. here, am I?! :lmaosmiley:

I'm having a hard time solving these xD So your post helped me to relax a bit ahah

The Cirrus is a nice concept but I just don't think they "fit". That petpet has a strange animation unfortunately :sad:

All the others you showed me are very funny ones indeed xD

1 hour ago, Yuiina said:

I'm having a hard time solving these xD So your post helped me to relax a bit ahah

The Cirrus is a nice concept but I just don't think they "fit". That petpet has a strange animation unfortunately :sad:

All the others you showed me are very funny ones indeed xD

The Cirrus was simply because it's just as fluffy as Staralay, lol. But it's not really pretty, is it.

I've got nothing helpful to offer here!

*sidles up to pets to see if they'll whisper which they like*

:ph34r:

22 hours ago, jellysundae said:

The Cirrus was simply because it's just as fluffy as Staralay, lol. But it's not really pretty, is it.

I've got nothing helpful to offer here!

*sidles up to pets to see if they'll whisper which they like*

:ph34r:

I know what you mean, I also thought it would be a nice combination but ... was dissapointed when I combined them.

You can't tell me which ones you like the best from those I've chosen? :D

11 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I know what you mean, I also thought it would be a nice combination but ... was dissapointed when I combined them.

You can't tell me which ones you like the best from those I've chosen? :D

i think the blue feepit and the white weewoo are my favourites. :nod_yes:

31 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

Feepits are very cute indeed :D

I checked now the price for White Petpet Paintbrush and I'm sad :crying_anim: Around 500k 

Thank you jelly *hug*

500k? D:< Ouch!

I didn't manage to look through all the other petpets and see what other bird options are available. You adamant about it being a bird? You couldn't extend that to other creatures that can fly? There are some super cute one out there.

19 hours ago, jellysundae said:

500k? D:< Ouch!

I didn't manage to look through all the other petpets and see what other bird options are available. You adamant about it being a bird? You couldn't extend that to other creatures that can fly? There are some super cute one out there.

Yeap 500k :crying_anim:

I'd like it to be a bird yes but I'm open to your suggestions.

This thread is an oasis! None of my outfits have been feeling right so I'm sure I have a ton of things to ask later.

On 07/03/2017 at 9:54 PM, Yuiina said:

I'm looking for a petpet for my Staralay 

4.png 

430.gif  Plushie Hasee Mazzew Brown MiamouseOmbat Sandan Spring Faellie

These are my choices but I'm open to new ones

and a color for Maya's Weewoo

Plushie Weewoo Weewoo White Weewoo Yellow Weewoo

I'm also open to other petpet's ideas, as long as they're birds, and also other colors

I have a soft spot for cloud gnorbu <3 My vote goes to the feepit. May I also suggest the Polarchuck and Christmas Slorg:

polarchuck_white.gifslorg_christmas.gif

I think their color scheme (& cuddliness) would go well with Staralay too

As for Maya, I did some searching and realized that there are not a lot of bird petpets in Neopia :huh:

I would have suggested the Alabriss except it's not a bird so I'd go with the White Weewoo. It's very elegant :)

alabriss.gif

I has wings too & can fly!!

16 hours ago, Zephyr said:

This thread is an oasis! None of my outfits have been feeling right so I'm sure I have a ton of things to ask later.

I have a soft spot for cloud gnorbu <3 My vote goes to the feepit. May I also suggest the Polarchuck and Christmas Slorg:

polarchuck_white.gifslorg_christmas.gif

I think their color scheme (& cuddliness) would go well with Staralay too

As for Maya, I did some searching and realized that there are not a lot of bird petpets in Neopia :huh:

I would have suggested the Alabriss except it's not a bird so I'd go with the White Weewoo. It's very elegant :)

alabriss.gif

I has wings too & can fly!!

Please write in the future! I'll definetely try to help you the best I can :smile:

Polarchuck is a very cute petpet indeed but I think he is too white. The slorg is very very cute :heart:

The Alabriss looks like he's angry so I don't like it as much.

I think I'll go for Feepit and White Weewoo.

Thank you for your reply Zephyr!

On Sunday, July 09, 2017 at 5:24 AM, Yuiina said:

Please write in the future! I'll definetely try to help you the best I can :smile:

Polarchuck is a very cute petpet indeed but I think he is too white. The slorg is very very cute :heart:

The Alabriss looks like he's angry so I don't like it as much.

I think I'll go for Feepit and White Weewoo.

Thank you for your reply Zephyr!

Just call me Zeph ^_^

Those are great choices! I bet your pets will be very happy with their new companions!

This has left me stumped:

medium_preview.png

I love the background but the foreground is so bare. The more I look at it, the more bare the whole setup becomes >_>

Help!

8 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Just call me Zeph ^_^

Those are great choices! I bet your pets will be very happy with their new companions!

medium_preview.png

I love the background but the foreground is so bare. The more I look at it, the more bare the whole setup becomes >_>

Help!

Hmm! I'm going to try and help out here. What's your pet's name? I don't know what the items you've got equipped are so it's hard to recreate the look.

Ah, I've found all the things, right! *cracks knuckles* Let's see if I can get anywhere, lol. I'm intrigued by the challenge of finding items that look good with the grey background you see. Whether I'm up to the challenge or not remains to be seen, PARTICULARLY as my brain isn't paying attention AT. ALL. and is doing things like, "hey, look how ridiculously cute the Zafara looks in this Candy Floss Swirl wig!" :rolleyes:

medium_preview.png

I'm not denying she looks cute, brain, but that's not what we're meant to be doin' here! lol. SO...Antique Chic Christmas Foreground. Not particularly right for the setting, just chosen because the soft muted shades used work beautifully with the background, two of the cushions even compliment the dress colour! I'm afraid that the vast majority of what's on offer is going to be too bold in colour to look right with the background. I'm giving you the chance to prove me wrong here, items, so step up, plz!

The candles from the NC Mall cupcake look just right in this setting. Plus they're free! :lmaosmiley:

medium_preview.png

Candlelit Opera Stage Foreground turns the space into a balcony which is kind of nice. Though that's a big slab of warm colour at the bottom there that could do with balancing out at the top, but it does frame the base nicely.

medium_preview.png

Carved Wooden Vanity Table turns it into the more austere and intimidating bedroom ever, lol.

medium_preview.png

Antique Chic Christmas Foreground is a beautiful item, and is very sought after, so it's currently worth somewhere between 15-20 caps, according to /~korolie :stun: If you have it/can obtain it, it's a great option. But if not, I have some other suggestions:

medium_preview.png

I agree with Jelly that Black & White Candle Stick Foreground is an interesting option, and paired with Pretty Mirror with Faerie Lights (~1-2 caps) you can *vaguely* recreate that Antique Chic Christmas Foreground atmosphere. I included Gold Yooyu-Inspired Stringlights (~1-2) for some extra flair, but the outfit works just as well without it.

zephara.png

A slightly more expensive outfit: Birthday Ball Chandelier Garland (~3-4) and Dusty Grey Bouquet Box (~2-3)

zephara2.png  medium_preview.png

You might also like Lighted Columns Foreground (~1-2) or the NP version, Altador Pillars Foreground (~4,500 NP)

medium_preview.png

Speaking of NP items, there's also Beautiful Columns Foreground (~4,000 NP).

GzAiVy.png

And finally, if you're not too attached to the background you're currently using, maybe you'll like Negg Museum (also an NP item, ~5,000 NP. If you participated in the Negg Festival you might already have it). It's also a hall-type background with columns, and I think the wall and floor colours compliment her dress nicely! And there's enough going on so you don't have to worry about including extra stuff.

I hope you liked some of these! Of course, you can also mix and match the items I mentioned and come up with a better combination.

Edit: I forgot to mention I used Fire Faerie Eye Shadow (~2,500 NP) in all of these! Even though her hair covers most of it, I still think it's a nice touch.

Looking through all the foreground options again reminded me once more of how supremely weird a great deal of those items are...got to wonder what on earth the artists were thinking with so many of them, particularly some of the garlands.

And even when the idea isn't truly bizarre the execution/animation's often pretty woeful. :sad01_anim: Neo would make so much more money if more of their items were much more useable.

On 11/07/2017 at 4:43 AM, Zephyr said:

Just call me Zeph ^_^

medium_preview.png

Help!

Love your Zafara and totally understand the "empty" feeling you have :laughingsmiley:
Tell me what are you looking for?
NC or NP or both? 
You want just a foreground or more? Can we suggest other backgrounds as well? :) 

On 07/11/2017 at 7:48 PM, jellysundae said:

Hmm! I'm going to try and help out here. What's your pet's name? I don't know what the items you've got equipped are so it's hard to recreate the look.

Ah, I've found all the things, right! *cracks knuckles* Let's see if I can get anywhere, lol. I'm intrigued by the challenge of finding items that look good with the grey background you see. Whether I'm up to the challenge or not remains to be seen, PARTICULARLY as my brain isn't paying attention AT. ALL. and is doing things like, "hey, look how ridiculously cute the Zafara looks in this Candy Floss Swirl wig!" :rolleyes:

medium_preview.png

I'm not denying she looks cute, brain, but that's not what we're meant to be doin' here! lol. SO...Antique Chic Christmas Foreground. Not particularly right for the setting, just chosen because the soft muted shades used work beautifully with the background, two of the cushions even compliment the dress colour! I'm afraid that the vast majority of what's on offer is going to be too bold in colour to look right with the background. I'm giving you the chance to prove me wrong here, items, so step up, plz!

The candles from the NC Mall cupcake look just right in this setting. Plus they're free! :lmaosmiley:

medium_preview.png

She's Peri; I created her mainly because I like the Christmas Zafara's color scheme and that halo. I had planned for her to be a lady who swishes about in grand and sombre halls and such. Welllll.... that didn't work out as I couldn't make the BG work so she's romping about in the forest instead lol

Sorry I didn't indicate the name of the items used and whether they can be swapped out- that was thoughtless of me /facepalm

That Candy Floss wig has totally distracted me me too and I'm saving it for reference and outfit ideas ^_^ I LOVE those candles; most definitely will try them!

On 07/12/2017 at 2:55 AM, deboratibi said:

Antique Chic Christmas Foreground is a beautiful item, and is very sought after, so it's currently worth somewhere between 15-20 caps, according to /~korolie :stun: If you have it/can obtain it, it's a great option. But if not, I have some other suggestions:

medium_preview.png

I agree with Jelly that Black & White Candle Stick Foreground is an interesting option, and paired with Pretty Mirror with Faerie Lights (~1-2 caps) you can *vaguely* recreate that Antique Chic Christmas Foreground atmosphere. I included Gold Yooyu-Inspired Stringlights (~1-2) for some extra flair, but the outfit works just as well without it.

zephara.png

A slightly more expensive outfit: Birthday Ball Chandelier Garland (~3-4) and Dusty Grey Bouquet Box (~2-3)

zephara2.png  medium_preview.png

You might also like Lighted Columns Foreground (~1-2) or the NP version, Altador Pillars Foreground (~4,500 NP)

medium_preview.png

Speaking of NP items, there's also Beautiful Columns Foreground (~4,000 NP).

GzAiVy.png

And finally, if you're not too attached to the background you're currently using, maybe you'll like Negg Museum (also an NP item, ~5,000 NP. If you participated in the Negg Festival you might already have it). It's also a hall-type background with columns, and I think the wall and floor colours compliment her dress nicely! And there's enough going on so you don't have to worry about including extra stuff.

I hope you liked some of these! Of course, you can also mix and match the items I mentioned and come up with a better combination.

Edit: I forgot to mention I used Fire Faerie Eye Shadow (~2,500 NP) in all of these! Even though her hair covers most of it, I still think it's a nice touch.

Thank you, you've provided me with lots of outfit ideas- Peri won't be bored, that's for sure :D

The chandelier garland and bouquet box combo looks great- I'll be saving that on DTI :) I'll snag those NP items too. I missed the Negg Festival but that BG is full of beautiful, intricate details. I often try to pile as many items as possible (FG, garland, animations etc etc) but this works really well by itself.

Tiny, hidden details FTW! I tend to do that too hee

12 hours ago, Yuiina said:

Love your Zafara and totally understand the "empty" feeling you have :laughingsmiley:
Tell me what are you looking for?
NC or NP or both? 
You want just a foreground or more? Can we suggest other backgrounds as well? :) 

I'm fine with NP or NC items or a mix of both.

Foreground, garland, the full works, the more the merrier lol

I'm open to other BG suggestions though I'd rather not as I'm trying to put this BG to use lol

5 hours ago, Zephyr said:

That Candy Floss wig has totally distracted me me too and I'm saving it for reference and outfit ideas ^_^

Haha, I'm glad it wasn't just me!

I'm also glad that between us we've been able to give you some ideas. :D

9 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I'm fine with NP or NC items or a mix of both.

Foreground, garland, the full works, the more the merrier lol

I'm open to other BG suggestions though I'd rather not as I'm trying to put this BG to use lol

Can you give me the name of your pet? So I can use DTI. 

I don't have much time to search item by item your Zaffie has :P

On 7/10/2017 at 9:43 PM, Zephyr said:

Just call me Zeph ^_^

medium_preview.png

Help!

I don't know why, and I'm speaking from little to no real customization experience, but I like it, the way it is. I guess I'm thinking, "less is more". The mostly greyish background makes her really stand out. All the colors are on her, so she is the focus of attention. She's like Cinderella, walking into the Castle ballroom, where all eyes are on her and how beautiful she is. Nothing in the foreground or sides to distract. The colors of the dress, hair, and yellow pet markings, make her "pop" out. Anyhow, like I said, that's my take and not helpful, at all, especially from a horrible customizer. But I just wanted to mention I think the simplicity of it makes it stellar.

18 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Haha, I'm glad it wasn't just me!

I'm also glad that between us we've been able to give you some ideas. :D

Lots & lots of ideas. My head is spinning with all the possibilities. I feel like I'm in a candy store. On Christmas Day :D

I'm ready to call it quits and trade away the BG but now, I'm hiding it in my closet.

A big thank you to you & deborahtibi <3

14 hours ago, Yuiina said:

Can you give me the name of your pet? So I can use DTI. 

I don't have much time to search item by item your Zaffie has :P

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1407177

3 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I don't know why, and I'm speaking from little to no real customization experience, but I like it, the way it is. I guess I'm thinking, "less is more". The mostly greyish background makes her really stand out. All the colors are on her, so she is the focus of attention. She's like Cinderella, walking into the Castle ballroom, where all eyes are on her and how beautiful she is. Nothing in the foreground or sides to distract. The colors of the dress, hair, and yellow pet markings, make her "pop" out. Anyhow, like I said, that's my take and not helpful, at all, especially from a horrible customizer. But I just wanted to mention I think the simplicity of it makes it stellar.

......Can I put this on Peri's lookup? If I could, I'd squish you into a huge hug.

I'm going to refer to this whenever I'm tempted to cram a million items into an outfit or when that feeling of bare-ness creep onto me again <3

47 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

......Can I put this on Peri's lookup? If I could, I'd squish you into a huge hug.

I'm going to refer to this whenever I'm tempted to cram a million items into an outfit or when that feeling of bare-ness creep onto me again <3

If you wish, I'm fine with it. jellysundae, deboratibi, and Yuiina are true experts and have provided great ideas. I think Peri would look beautiful, no matter what.