Dealing with the Darigan Yooyu

How do you guys deal with that thing? I can never score with it. If I get one, I usually just end up running out the clock.

I just let it run out the clock.  But I'm not worried about getting high scores to help my team (Sorry Faerieland!!!) 

But actually, if I just stop playing the other team almost always scores a point for my team with the darigan, so I think of it as a freebie.

1. If there's a one of the 'large goal' powerups, grab that, it'll help a lot!
2. Don't bother facing directly at the goal when you shoot; Darigan yooyu's go wherever you /don't/ want them to, so trick them into scoring by facing sideways, or even backwards. 
3. Get as close to the goal as you can so the yooyu doesn't really have any other option than to go in; fake-out the goalie to make them go to one far side, and then run to the other side and shoot. 

Sometimes if I get unlucky I'll spend 30-45 seconds chasing the yooyu around the field, but most of the time I get it in the goal after a few tries and can continue with my game. Good luck!

14 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

1. If there's a one of the 'large goal' powerups, grab that, it'll help a lot!
2. Don't bother facing directly at the goal when you shoot; Darigan yooyu's go wherever you /don't/ want them to, so trick them into scoring by facing sideways, or even backwards. 
3. Get as close to the goal as you can so the yooyu doesn't really have any other option than to go in; fake-out the goalie to make them go to one far side, and then run to the other side and shoot. 

Sometimes if I get unlucky I'll spend 30-45 seconds chasing the yooyu around the field, but most of the time I get it in the goal after a few tries and can continue with my game. Good luck!

Perfect advice! I usually get right up at the goal & stand backwards sort of at an angle. 

If it's an especially mischievous yooyu I just sit back and watch the carnage. Nothing makes me happier than to watch an opposing team score for darigan citadel with a darigan yooyu. :evil:

What I do with a Darigan depends on how early in the game they appear or how much I've scored already.

If it's something like the 3rd ball I hit F5 immediately >_< I'm not wasting my time finishing THAT game!

If I've got 7 or 8 goals then I'll do my best to stop the other team from scoring, and if I'm lucky I'll manage to score with it myself!

I do tend to go for the "stand in front of the goal then turn your back on it" method too, that can work quite often, can't it. :D

i go to the very far corner ... give my back to the goalie and shoot .. it usually hits the wall and bounces back into the net .. sometimes it doesn't (it bounces back into the field) so i keep doing it until it goes in ... 

I either shoot with my back facing the opponents' goal, or shoot JUST past the goal while walking down diagonally towards it, and usually (if I get lucky) it goes up and I score. I always think of it as: It goes the opposite direction you want it to go. And also, of course, the opponent sometimes does it (the scoring) for me. :3 It helps if you get the 'bigger net' power-up though. But at any rate, I hate that thing. XD

I go about it differently than the above methods, with okay results.  I play L to R.  Therefore, I run into the bottom right corner full speed and shoot it into the corner.  Over and over again.  If a speed-up or bigger-net power-up shows, I grab it, then try the nose in the corner method.  I do not use the power up on the darigan ball (well, I have, and made it in the other guy's net).  Or I walk away from my computer for a minute or so and hope that someone made it during that time.

I usually go pretty close to the net, halfway between the goalie in the middle and the corner of the net, and turn around.  I use this method every play because you will eventually get a shot that goes backwards and that guarantees you get the goal. I think this is the best method as it is easier to score with than the diagonal or side ones. It usually doesn't take me too long to score with, and I still usually end up with at least 10 points for that game. Good luck!

I try a few different patterns where I am at an angle to the net, then hit the arrow buttons the opposite direction I want the darigan to go. MOSTLY I go along the bottom of the field, turn and press the right and down arrows to try to get it to go the opposite direction toward the net. REALLY annoying when the goalie moves and catches it though. ;)
Although it really doesn't matter much since it's direction is so randomized. But keeping it near your opponent's net reduces the chance of you getting scored upon, and increases the chance that maybe they'll score in their own goal for you. Though those goals are not added to your overall goal totals. Just like if your Goalie scores a goal, it doesn't count for your total goal count either. For those who do not know, a Fire Yooyu, with the Growth power-up, can give your goalie the power to score a goal. As previously stated, this counts for the game, but will NOT be added to your goal totals after the score is sent.

If you can get a wing or especially a net expander power-up, that will greatly help your odds with the darigan. I remember the first couple AC's I believe the darigan then was only reversed controls, not totally randomized.

Good luck!

There are three strategies I use (most of which have been mentioned):

• let the other team score in their own goal (happens more than you might think)
  • use a boost that makes the goal bigger
  • go up to the goalie and do an exchange right in front of the goal, what i've observed is that its chance whether the darigan yyb goes the way you want it to (backwards or forwards), so usually i just exchange it with the goalie until it goes forward. (that sounded super confusing- i hope you get what i mean! xD)

4 hours ago, sophie24 said:

• let the other team score in their own goal (happens more than you might think)

That is what I do :biggrin: I (try to) keep the ball in the opponent area and pray for them to score accidentally.
And if the game is in the beginning then I drop it.