Neutral Territory thread (Ɔ˘⌣˘)(˘⌣˘)˘⌣˘ C) All teams welcome

The AC's a lot of fun, but we do tend to stick to our own support threads don't we, so we don't get to talk to our friends so much if they're on different teams.

So here's a place where we can talk to each other without feeling awkward. :D

How are you guys holding up after Day 1?

I'm struggling a bit, my MS has got a little worse since last year's tournament so I'm finding YYB harder this year, so I'm not playing much but I'm doing my best.

Looking at the current scores...Roo Island's are high, aren't they. :bigeyed: Did someone say that was where the All-stars were playing this year?

Thank you for this neutral thread, I have a feeling KI is only popular on the AC Neoboards :sad01_anim:. I'm sorry that some players may have actual physical setbacks to trying to participate in AC. Why not stick to SOSD (only going against the Jelly Goalie) and don't stress about the score. This is supposed to be fun and Shenkuu seems like they are "the Chosen Ones" this year :snitch:. Starting a thread like this is helpful too! :speak_cool: Moral support helps a lot, so I really appreciate this. :nod_yes: On Jelly Days (Practice between Rounds)- play YYB to only win, even if it's by 1 goal, only getting 1 goal in against the Jelly Goalie, only getting 300 in SS, and I forget the minimum for MSN and that can help you rank up easier. :rock:

I'm glad I thought to make a thread like this TBH, it was mainly because I know I feel a bit weird posting in other team's threads, though I'm sure no-one would kick me out o' there! (would you, guys? :guiltysmiley:) :laughingsmiley:, but it does feel kind of awkward, even if there's no reason for it to.

Yesterday I played 76 SOSD games and 8 YYB, I think that's likely to be my pattern this year. Actually I think the YYB may end up being just the 3 NP earning games per day, but we'll see. :ph34r:

How are the games feeling for you this year? You said it was going to be very different with your sisters not being home?

Well, I still have my big sister at home and 2 of my 3 sisters that are away stop playing Neopets. Which leaves my other sister who will visit briefly (Jun 9-12) and she's on Shenkuu. It just is different bc I am into the games and now it isn't their thing anymore. But that's ok. That's why this board will help me, bc I can poke fun at the Toaster-Looking-Tuskaninny Goalie's faceplant from VP and ppl here will get it. :P 

Hey, you're on Shenkuu, why does the pink lutari appear to be "bald" Image result for neopets pink lutari

but when we see a closeup of her faceplant, she has a black wig with a bun on top? :laughingsmiley:  Makes me laugh so hard!

Image result for neopets altador cup

Hi! love this idea!

Sorry to hear your MS is a little worse Jelly but you don't let it keep you down and I admire that about you. I have a cousin and a friend (he has an acute case) living with MS. I pray for better treatments all the time.

I started working again yesterday and I didn't get much sleep all week because I was kadding at late/early hours for me because of my time zone and getting ready for work. As a result I played the minimum games yesterday and didn't even play MSN. I don't particularly like MSN anyway and always only play the minimum.  I do have a goal to improve on my score again this year and earn some more points maybe to at least buy the stamp this year. That said, I finished at 4th rank last year so it's not like I'll be an all star anytime soon :icecream:. Hopefully I get in more games over the weekend to help. And a lot of sleep!!

I have a silly question: How do I get an AC Counter to show up in my signature here on TDN Forums?

I have to go to my service soon so I will check back for any links that explain how to make it show up. I clicked on "Edit" My Profile and copied the Forum's code for the AC Counter I chose and it showed up under my Avatar Counter in that Profile box thingy after I saved the code under my avatar counter but...it never shows up here.:huh: I can't show you guys that I made it to Rank 3 by having played 17 more YYB (total 50), 5 more of SS (total 20), 10 more of each MSN and SOSD (totals of both are 20 each). Green is such a lovely color! :happydance:

Thanks for any help you can steer me towards! Peace out! :heart:

2 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Hey, you're on Shenkuu, why does the pink lutari appear to be "bald"

OMG, a bit of my brain was wondering that yesterday! But it wasn't a bit that can follow thoughts through so it flittered away again, but yes! It's really weird, isn't it? Now I need to play today just to check out the other team member's hair! SUCH a female thing to do! :laughingsmiley: Maybe she takes it off when she's playing? Would be pretty convenient to be able to do that. xD

I'm not sure why the counter's not showing up for you, maybe it will if you try again later? I'm not bothering with one this year, I don't want something in my face telling me how little I'm helping my team. >_<

@acmerasta Thank you, you're a sweetie. Your poor friend :( I'm really lucky that mine isn't so very much worse, not being able to play YYB very well is pretty small beans compared to how it could be!

I got to Rank 10 last year, but that's only because they nerfed things, Rank 5 the year before. I think I might aim for Rank 3 this year, I like the number 3.

Thanks for this! As much as I love the idea of team pride (am guilty of it), I would like to see things from other teams perspectives too. I'm going to try my hardest, but some players seem to be a little too hyped? For example there is the player who said that they played Make Some Noise until the tips of their fingers were bleeding??? I personally have had to restrain myself cause my hands keep getting cramps. I like the idea of trying your best, versus trying to meet the cap for each game, every day.

Can I also comment on how I love how active the neoboards are now? Like it's never this alive all year... makes me happy.

39 minutes ago, sophie24 said:

For example there is the player who said that they played Make Some Noise until the tips of their fingers were bleeding???

DDD:<

Just the THOUGHT of playing that game makes me want to go throw myself under a bus, which would make me bleed too...that's my comparison to that! lol >_<

I DETEST Make Some Noise with a fiery passion.

I hope the people who are getting that hyped are actually enjoying themselves, not just driving themselves insane. I want to think the majority are having fun...:ph34r:

Word of advice: Don't try to cap Make Some Noise.

My finger was hurting so badly that I had to stop and put ice on it. :X

I was wondering when we'd see a "neutral" thread for everyone. lol Having a place each year to hang out and talk about the AC with other teams is always good. No trash-talking, but just comradery in something we're all stuck in together for the month. lol

Day 1 went pretty well, I managed 24 YYB wins scoring 285 goals. My goal-per-game average is lower than I'd like due mainly to some Darigan and Faerie Yooyus, but I found I'm also still a little rusty at YYB. I'm not big on the support games, MSN is horrible on my fingers. lol They ache after only a few games. LOL Shoot-out, is ok, but I'm not a fan of Cha-cha-cha-chias. :P lol And it's a little slow needing a LOT of games to equal 1-win of YYB. Slushie Slinger starts slow and ends fast. If I had a favorite support game, that would be it. I also give it some extra respect because there are actually PEOPHIN as customers in the game! Very rare to find a peophin in a game. One of the few reasons I like the AC. I wish Maraqua had a Peophin on it's team though. ;) i think YYB and Slushie Slinger were the first games to have peophin in them. It's not that I dislike the AC, it's just frustrating at times. ;) It's also a good chance to get some items, hopefully, without having to shell out hard-saved NP. ;) We have a chance anyway. lol One never knows what TNT will put in the prize shop, or what prices they will assign to the items. lol

Here's a little something I started in the Maraquan Support thread that might be fun here too. Rate the Yooyuballs, from your least favorite to which you like the best. (Or visa versa lol)
Here's my list.
Darigan (My least favorite)
Faerie
Clockwork
Mutant
Snow
Fire/Normal (A draw between these two as my favorites to use.)

9 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

I have a silly question: How do I get an AC Counter to show up in my signature here on TDN Forums?

You may have to delete your cookies? My AC Counter isn't updating even though it's showing and the updates save and display correctly on the Counter page :blush: 

As for MSN... playing till your fingers bleed?? Um...NO! 

Rate your Yooyu Balls

Least Favorite - Darigan 
Faerie
Mutant

Clockwork
Snow
Normal

Favorite - Fire

Darigan, Faerie and Mutant can cause you to waste time trying to get them in the net, Clockwork is hit or miss.... Snow is just slow lol, Normal and Fire pretty much do what you tell them to do. However I do and have managed to score with all 

2 hours ago, acmerasta said:

You may have to delete your cookies? My AC Counter isn't updating even though it's showing and the updates save and display correctly on the Counter page :blush: 

As for MSN... playing till your fingers bleed?? Um...NO! 

Rate your Yooyu Balls

Least Favorite - Darigan 
Faerie
Mutant

Clockwork
Snow
Normal

Favorite - Fire

Darigan, Faerie and Mutant can cause you to waste time trying to get them in the net, Clockwork is hit or miss.... Snow is just slow lol, Normal and Fire pretty much do what you tell them to do. However I do and have managed to score with all 

Remember, it can take up to a day (24 hours), for the TDN counters to update. The issue started back in March, when TDN went to "https". Here is the original TDN thread and explanation of what is going on: https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/48238-avatar-counter-stuck/. Mine hasn't updated, yet, either.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. As soon as I posted this, my counter is now updated.

EDIT EDIT: Thank you for making a TDN AC "Switzerland" @jellysundae. I know some AC team threads don't have many posts on them. This gives us a way to help each other as a TDN team.

Awwww @jellysundae I hope you feel better soon. :( Thank you for making this thread. I kinda feel weird creeping on the threads when I'm team Faerieland. 

(Slightly off topic, are the rank updates not working properly or glitched? I used SunnyNeo's rank calculator to see what rank I am, and their calculator's different than what the Neopets page has. Have the games limits changed this year or something? I've won 44 YYB/6 SS/103 MSN/125 SoSd, so that should be rank three according to SN, but it says rank two on the Neopets website...) :crying_anim:  

4 minutes ago, decchild said:

Awwww @jellysundae I hope you feel better soon. :( Thank you for making this thread. I kinda feel weird creeping on the threads when I'm team Faerieland. 

(Slightly off topic, are the rank updates not working properly or glitched? I used SunnyNeo's rank calculator to see what rank I am, and their calculator's different than what the Neopets page has. Have the games limits changed this year or something? I've won 44 YYB/6 SS/103 MSN/125 SoSd, so that should be rank three according to SN, but it says rank two on the Neopets website...) :crying_anim:  

Have you clicked on your rank (red button next to your rank shield) on the AC home page on neopets? It gives you a pop-up on how many games you still need to reach the next rank.

Unfortunately I found AC pages on SunnyNeo, TDN and JellyNeo all giving conflicting information on ranking points, minimum game points threshold and such... :/

1 hour ago, Sheepit said:

I hope all of the Darigan Yooyus go on vacation next year... :P

*snorts*

Where to?

Who would you want to dump a whole slew of them on? :bigeyed:  :laughingsmiley:

I managed to hit Rank 1 yesterday, so there's my first AC goal reached, let's see if I manage to move on from there...:ph34r:

2 hours ago, ravenjek1 said:

Have you clicked on your rank (red button next to your rank shield) on the AC home page on neopets? It gives you a pop-up on how many games you still need to reach the next rank.

Unfortunately I found AC pages on SunnyNeo, TDN and JellyNeo all giving conflicting information on ranking points, minimum game points threshold and such... :/

I did click on my rank on the AC page after I played several more YYB games, and the number for games needed to rank up is still the same. So I guess it is glitched? 

EDIT 

Just checked the neoboards. Yup! The ranking system is glitched. I hope JS/TNT fix it soon... *grumbles grumbles*

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

*snorts*

Where to?

Who would you want to dump a whole slew of them on? :bigeyed:  :laughingsmiley:

I managed to hit Rank 1 yesterday, so there's my first AC goal reached, let's see if I manage to move on from there...:ph34r:

Congrats! I need to remember to be more casual about it... instead of holding myself to the same level as people who are already rank 10 (i have a hard time believing it)

I've been enjoying myself on the forums since they are so alive, but also kinda shocked by drama this is already happening? People are complaining that they aren't given enough "thank you" for their support/scores. Some people are also really on edge since balancing work with play time is stressful. It just seems childish to me that it's happening. So, tip to all I guess is to steer clear from that. 

5 hours ago, decchild said:

I did click on my rank on the AC page after I played several more YYB games, and the number for games needed to rank up is still the same. So I guess it is glitched? 

EDIT 

Just checked the neoboards. Yup! The ranking system is glitched. I hope JS/TNT fix it soon... *grumbles grumbles*

Looks like I might be in the glitched-rank category. I've 42 YYB wins, and it hasn't updated. I might be wrong but I thought for certain the first couple ranks required no more than 21 YYB games won. I just tried logging out and back in, but no change. It's still saying I need 8 more games to rank up to Rank 2. But then Rank 3 is only 21 games beyond that point. (29 wins from my current location) It doesn't make sense that Rank 3 would be 21 wins when Rank 2, if I'm to believe these numbers, which I don't, would require 29 wins. This is frustrating!

1 hour ago, sophie24 said:

Congrats! I need to remember to be more casual about it... instead of holding myself to the same level as people who are already rank 10 (i have a hard time believing it)

I've been enjoying myself on the forums since they are so alive, but also kinda shocked by drama this is already happening? People are complaining that they aren't given enough "thank you" for their support/scores. Some people are also really on edge since balancing work with play time is stressful. It just seems childish to me that it's happening. So, tip to all I guess is to steer clear from that. 

Oh man, drama...yeah, some people just seem to live for that, don't they?

Also the entitlement that so many people feel now fills me with sorrow. :sad01_anim:

BUT

For all the people who are behaving like (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ for whatever reason, there's a lot, a whole lot, who are simply enjoying the games and all that goes with them.

Always got to remember that the people who make a fuss are the minority, they're just the LOUDEST people around, the good ol' silent majority are just getting on with it and (relatively) placidly ranking and having fun.

7 hours ago, decchild said:

EDIT 

Ah man, that sucks!

The glitch didn't got my attention at all, so I assumed the ignorance - turns out I am the ignorant :sad01_anim:

And yeah - hopefully it will get fixed soon-ish!

Hey guys!! I'm happy everyone is enjoying themselves... glitches and all! So I totally crashed last night when I got home from work and slept. Didn't play a single AC related game... I actually fell asleep watching my laptop screen while it was loading :laughingsmiley:. So today I'm playing catch up.. right after the final whistle on the Real Madrid : Juventus Champions League Fianal!

I try to post a motivational song, every day, on our team's board, but, as it is slow moving, my post is starting to look "Inception" like - a song within a song within a song. Anyhow, I thought today's song is more appropriate for this thread, as we are all TDN. I think you get my meaning...