Official Warning from Neopets Team

flcoastallife

Has anyone ever gotten a neomail from the Neopets team but can't remember ever breaking the rules!? I received this e-mail from TNT today and I can't for the life of me remember breaking this rule. I'm a pretty strict rule follower in most areas of my life and I've searched my memory of when I may have done what they're accusing me of happening.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? How'd it turn out? What should I do?

Capture.PNG

It's common and it could be something as silly as mentioning Google or Facebook. The warnings expire after 6-ish months of no other infractions.

If you are certain you have not said anything about other websites (other than official fan sites - remember TDN Forums is NOT allowed to be mentioned), I'd suggest doing a password change just to be on the safe side.

Other than that you don't have anything to worry about :)

I got this before. I mentioned yahoo in a neomail and got this. Like others said just don't mention other websites. But change your password if you are sure you didn't. 

It could have been on one of the message boards or in a guild even, not necessarily in a neomail.  Trust me when I tell you that sending a ticket will NOT do any good.  I finally closed one out that had been open for over 3 yrs for the very same reason.  I knew I didn't break a rule so I sent a ticket to find out what the issue was and maybe to argue my point a little bit :blush:.  I had several tickets after that one that had been answered and resolved, some of them even having back and forth discussions.  So I know it wasn't a heavy volume of tickets.  They just don't deal with something like that.  Although I think they should have said something to the effect of what hrtbrk said and closed it out, not let it sit there open and unanswered for over 3 yrs.  But, like everyone else has said, don't worry about it.  It isn't a big infraction and won't affect your account.  Changing your password is always a good idea anyway.

I just want to be clear so I don't break a rule in the future... Am I allowed to say TDN but not TDN Forums? And can I mention DTI and Jelly? I'm quite sure I have done so in the past but never received the warning. I don't know if it's because it's not against the rules or because they didn't notice? 

1 hour ago, charelan said:

I just want to be clear so I don't break a rule in the future... Am I allowed to say TDN but not TDN Forums? And can I mention DTI and Jelly? I'm quite sure I have done so in the past but never received the warning. I don't know if it's because it's not against the rules or because they didn't notice? 

Yes, you are allowed to say TDN and link to TDN articles (anything with thedailyneopets.com in it) Since Tdnforums.com is a different URL, it is NOT qualified as a trusted fansite and cannot be mentioned. Confusing system, I agree :P

You are welcomed to say and link to DTI, SunnyNeo and JN as well :)