Who's ready for Altador Cup XII?

Is anyone else super excited for Altador Cup XII?!  I haven't been on for the past couple of Altador Cups, so I'm really excited for this one.

I'm thinking about joining either Terror Mountain or Shenkuu (the teams I usually pick).  Which team are you going to join?

*points to siggy* I'll be remaining loyal to Shenkuu :nod_yes:

I AM looking forward to it. I'll allow myself to enjoy the anticipation, despite the fact, or maybe even because of the fact that I know full well that it's going to drive me nuts once it actually starts. :laugh:

40 minutes ago, xd0rkus58 said:

Faerieland for life!! Not sure which team to go with for my side account though!

Are you allowed to join a team on your side?

Anyway, I'll be loyal to Team Terror Mountain. (I probably won't have much time to play this year though.)

You are not allowed to join on side accounts.  You are playing games that are earning NPs which is not allowed.  You can't play on more than one account and you can't play on side accounts.

As far as teams go, I haven't been very good at picking teams, therefore I am going to let my sister Beth and Scoobert pick our team this year.  Beth and Scoobert, put your heads together, pick a team and let me know.  I will go with which ever team you guys choose.:rock:

19 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

You are not allowed to join on side accounts.  You are playing games that are earning NPs which is not allowed.  You can't play on more than one account and you can't play on side accounts.

As far as teams go, I haven't been very good at picking teams, therefore I am going to let my sister Beth and Scoobert pick our team this year.  Beth and Scoobert, put your heads together, pick a team and let me know.  I will go with which ever team you guys choose.:rock:

@Scoobert_Doo! We have a lot of thinking to do, no? I'm totally excited for the Cup! I am hoping to get a higher rank than last year! I was Level 7 last year :blush02:

My sista @rntracy1 This year I promise to rise in the ranks! Even that *yawn* Slushlie Slinger game ^_^

Super excited! It's one of my favorite and least favorite site events. I hate the actual cup game itself, I'm terrible at it, can't score at all but I love Slushie Slinger the other side games. I've missed one or two cups but have never joined any other team besides Darigan Citadel so I will always be loyal to them! 

Haven't played in the Altador Cup since I was literally 9 years old... can someone tell me how the team picking thing works? Do enough people have to pick it? If you pick a less popular team, are you destined to lose? If so, who should I pick? lol

Is it that time of year already?  Hmmm...I was getting ready for Ramadhan and was hoping that Altador Cup wasn't going to start until June. Playing the games is actually a nice distraction from fasting but since I'm older and expected to go to the special night prayers that are held every night for the month, that is going to affect my ability to play and rank this year. 

For the team, I throw in with Krawk Island -the scurvy Pirates!

kacheek_piratefight.gifkrawk_pirate_sword.giftreasurechest_sparkling.gifmaraqua_danger_sign.gifneo_festival_balloon.gifaltador_symbol_shine.gifbori_writing.gifkrawkisland_1.gifkrawkisland_1.gifkrawkisland_1.gif

Another gold trophy would be nice....^_^ but it definitely will be harder once the Fast begins around May 27th (depends on the Moon-sighting-don't ask!) :laughingsmiley:

10 hours ago, Angeló said:

Wow time flies !! it's almost time for AC !!

i'm super excited and i'm really hoping it'll be Shenkuu's Year (with no cheaters)

THIS!! While it would be lovely to win, I will absolutely HATE it if it turns out that the cheaters pick my team this year. :crying_anim:  But that feeling makes me feel like a dirtbag because what I'm basically doing there is wishing them onto someone else...-_-

2 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Is it that time of year already?  Hmmm...I was getting ready for Ramadhan and was hoping that Altador Cup wasn't going to start until June.

I'm guessing it will be June, I think it's just that the AC's the next big thing to happen so pre-games excitement is starting to build. :D

I never fully understood how Altador Cup worked so I randomly played before but this year I'd like to play serious and .. I have 0 idea on which team to join xD
I really don't know how to choose one ahah HELP :crying_anim:

36 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I never fully understood how Altador Cup worked so I randomly played before but this year I'd like to play serious and .. I have 0 idea on which team to join xD
I really don't know how to choose one ahah HELP :crying_anim:

I think who you choose depends on your mental make up. Do we want to win above all else, do you particularly like a certain area of Neopia, do you like one team's colours more than any of the others, do you have friends who are mainly joining one team...there's a lot of reasons out there.

I chose Shenkuu primarily because out of the 5 players 3 of them are female, and out of the teams with lady players Shenkuu appeals most to me as a place. :nod_yes:

Oh no...once the games start I'm going to be getting annoyed ALL OVER AGAIN at the commentators and the blurb that's STILL going to be saying that Shenkuu's goalie, Xana DiLanche, is inexperienced, when she's been their goalie for 10 YEARS now. :axehead: They seriously need to trim that bit from the text and just go with her being nervous.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I think who you choose depends on your mental make up. Do we want to win above all else, do you particularly like a certain area of Neopia, do you like one team's colours more than any of the others, do you have friends who are mainly joining one team...there's a lot of reasons out there.

I chose Shenkuu primarily because out of the 5 players 3 of them are female, and out of the teams with lady players Shenkuu appeals most to me as a place. :nod_yes:

Oh no...once the games start I'm going to be getting annoyed ALL OVER AGAIN at the commentators and the blurb that's STILL going to be saying that Shenkuu's goalie, Xana DiLanche, is inexperienced, when she's been their goalie for 10 YEARS now. :axehead: They seriously need to trim that bit from the text and just go with her being nervous.

Well I never fully understood how the cup worked. Your rewards are like better if you belong to the winning team? 
My favorite land in neopia is Faerieland and I chose that in the past but they were always in the bottom <_< I like other regions like Maraqua, Mystery Island, Shenkuu, Terror Mountain.

I'm currently checking the Altador guide from TDN but I still don't know what to choose xD

34 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

Your rewards are like better if you belong to the winning team? 

Nop .. just the Trophy is better .. there are no other perks .. 

in the first years only the first 3 teams got trophies .. the others got medals ...

These days it's different and much more confusing ... your trophy depends on your rank .. however the first 3 teams have a bit of a different shaped trophy ... but the color depends on your rank ... 

so for example last year MI won the Cup so their trophy looks like this mysteryisland_1.gifbut if your rank is not high enough u'll get

mysteryisland_2.gifSilver ormysteryisland_3.gifBronze  ormysteryisland_4.gif(I have no idea what this is .. wood i guess)

Trophies for Tyrannia (2nd place) tyrannia_1.gifand Kiko Lake (3rd place) kikolake_1.gifagain there were silver bronze wood etc

all other teams got this trophy shenkuu_1.gif faerieland_1.gif (also with silver bronze wood etc)

for example i was in Shenkuu and we placed 8th but I was Rank 16 so I got the gold version of this trophy ... 

if you didn't reach Rank 1 and stayed a Beginner you'll get this medal only participation_medal.gif

*brain fries trying to make sense of Angelo's post* >_< It's overly complicated, isn't it.

@Yuiina yeah, poor Faerieland aren't much good at Yooyuball, bless 'em.

18 hours ago, pulpfreeoj said:

Haunted Woods ftw, always! I usually only end up playing Make Some Noise though, and the one where you just shoot goals.

I'm going to try to play a bunch this year and actually be serious about it, but in past years, I always just played Make Some Noise :P

It has been so long since I was able to participate that I don't even know where to start. Oh well, should be fun either way for me. :D

I always join Darigan Citadel, although we don't tend to do that great :P But they are my team, and I will be loyal. Hoping to get a higher rank this year, I was only 5 last year.