Day 18: Barf Boat

hrtbrk

1 hour ago, xd0rkus58 said:

This Barf Boat challenge was so hard it made me want to barf! But somehow I got super lucky and got a score of 1410! I'm not kidding when I say I played 100+ times to get that score.

Me too! I spent 2 days getting 700 if I was lucky, but today I beat Chadley by 200+ points on my second try! Turns out all I needed was the sound.

This game was nowhere near as frustrating for me as Kou-Jong though. I spent aaaaages on that game because I kept getting that stupid score sending error (probably because I took too long to finish the game). I don't know how people manage to have even a 1 sec bonus on the hard mode levels.

DD has turned out to be a good guide for games to AVOID for me. I know I'll never touch Kou-Jong or Barf Boat again!

Still trying to beat Chadley's score... *headdesk* I worked out that I'd need to keep at least one petpet on deck for a little over 5 minutes to make the score. Less if I collect coins and can keep 2 or more on deck for as long as possible. 

Has anyone tried this on Extreme mode?  Thoughts? Impossible? Insane? Barf inducing? 

13 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

Still trying to beat Chadley's score... *headdesk* I worked out that I'd need to keep at least one petpet on deck for a little over 5 minutes to make the score. Less if I collect coins and can keep 2 or more on deck for as long as possible. 

Has anyone tried this on Extreme mode?  Thoughts? Impossible? Insane? Barf inducing? 

Well, with Extreme Mode, Capt Arf is on a rowboat, instead of a ship. A lot less deck to play with. Sure, you get more points, but if you are having a hard time keeping the petpets on the ship's deck, then it is much harder keeping them on the rowboat. I'd say give it a try, just to see.

What I did is concentrate on 1 petpet. If 1 or 2 more appeared, I'd try to keep them on deck as long as I could, but I always make sure to keep the one in the middle or at least one on deck - meaning concentrate on that one, keep it between the deck holds (black squares), and not worry if the other petpets slid off of the deck.

LOL yes I tried it. the petpet lasted all of 1 second on deck for a grand score of 12 hahahaha. Thanks for the tips too... that's basically what I've been trying to do but sometimes that drunk captain just tilts the stupid boat and drops all the petpets in the soup. Hopefully I get a little lucky. So far I'm up to 738.

17 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

LOL yes I tried it. the petpet lasted all of 1 second on deck for a grand score of 12 hahahaha. Thanks for the tips too... that's basically what I've been trying to do but sometimes that drunk captain just tilts the stupid boat and drops all the petpets in the soup. Hopefully I get a little lucky. So far I'm up to 738.

I'm rootin' for ya! I do hope you get it. I know you are going for gold and have done a great job, so far. Hope you get it, soon!