Day 17: Assignment 53

hrtbrk

i never bothered with this game before ... but i used a youtube guide and got Chadley's score in no time ... ( did you know there are SECRET AREAS :O ?)

anyway i think i wana go for the avatar :D 

i'm glad that i went for an abigail score early on in this whole event because now i don't have to desperately play games i'm horrible at (like this one for example lol) in a mad scramble to get gold :')

That moving platform with the plant that shoots rocks gets me EVERY time....

I've been playing this game for a couple weeks in a vain hope for the avatar, and I can't seem to get past the third level. This may be where my Chadley streak ends... :crying_anim:

Ok, I AM UPSET.

This game is hard enough without it lagging all the time... Timing in this game is crucial. Playing in low quality makes no difference of course, because the graphics are already very simple. I'm gonna give it a few more tries, and if I fail, I'm gonna see if I can play on my brother's computer.

25 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

Timing in this game is crucial.

Aaaaand that is why I have such a hard time with it, lol. Similar to Bruno's Backwoods Breakaway, with all the moving platforms and shooting plants I get really flustered and try to rush through everything and end up dying that much quicker. 

It turns out playing at work (where I have two screens, and thus can have the guide open on the side while playing) helps somewhat. I barely managed to get Chad's scores after a few tries, and then promptly died. I don't know if I'll be getting that avatar anytime soon. But I am still in the running for gold (for now), and I think the wearables are actually quite cute today, so I suppose it's worth it. 

I have never played this game, and it's really fun! I may keep playing this...*quickly adding to my favorites*...

I beat Chadley with my score of 3,998 on the second try! WooHoo!

Good luck to everyone!

This game is cute, but boy am I rubbish at it :laugh: I can't get anywhere with it (score of 280 to date) but I enjoy the little bit of it that I can do. >_<

13 hours ago, xd0rkus58 said:

I love this game! It reminds me of Mario on the old Nintendo, but with aliens :happydance:

It reminds me of Mario too. Much like with Mario, I start each new game, and each new level, full of hope, only to walk into an enemy/off an edge 5 seconds later.

(I eventually got Chadley's score, but only because I started ignoring some Nerkmids and stopped actively trying to kill enemies in level 3, in an attempt to live long enough to reach level 4.)

Sweaty hands, several hours and one more headache later and I finally beat Chadley's Score... phew! Low hopes for the avatar although I managed to beat my old historical score on this which was a good 1700+ points lower than Chadley's score today. I took Angelo's advice and watched each level on YouTube before playing it and the cheat for an extra life helped too. Congrats and Good Luck everyone........ off to find some Excedrin....

^And in case you didn't read TDN's guide, the cheat code, for an extra life, when you are on the "Start" and "Instructions" screen, is Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right. And for those of us old enough to remember, it isn't the dance moves for the "Macarena". Anyhow, today's challenge wasn't too bad. It did take a couple of tries. (Yes, I, too, kept getting hit by the shooting plant, on the moving platform, on the second level. Grrr!). Kinda fun game to play, too. Will have to start getting serious about getting the game avatar. Surprised @Musical_Shoyru hasn't posted. I know she got the avatar and I think a trophy, and might have some good "insider" game tips. Good luck to all who are still trying to complete this challenge!

This game has been kicking my tushie for hours now, but, I finally...FINALLY...beat Chadley's score. I was never good at mario, was even worse at sonic and this game? Oooo boy, I'm TERRIBLE at it...I never want to play it again! Never never never!

-stuffs it in a box and buries it in the backyard-

Nope. Just nope. I wish there was a way I could use and old nintendo controller for this - I'd kick this game's behind. As it stands, I will very happily take my Abigail score and run screaming far, far away from this game.

5 hours ago, Nielo said:

It reminds me of Mario too. Much like with Mario, I start each new game, and each new level, full of hope, only to walk into an enemy/off an edge 5 seconds later.

(I eventually got Chadley's score, but only because I started ignoring some Nerkmids and stopped actively trying to kill enemies in level 3, in an attempt to live long enough to reach level 4.)

Right!? I played it again just now, and I realized that the sounds when you hit the stars sound similar to Sonic the Hedgehog's golden rings. Lol clearly I play too many video games! :D

Seeing how much this annoyed everyone else, I'm glad I didn't spend longer on this yesterday!

I did manage to beat Abigail, I got the force field thingy and ran while that lasted, basically, lol, and quit as soon as I saw I had enough points.

8 hours ago, geoterza said:

Ok people - help me out here:

How do I get past the first moving platform on level 2?  I lucked out one and made it to level three after that, but I can't do it again and lose all my lives there.

If you're still trying to get past it, this is my advice: I found that it is partially based on luck/timing, but I had most success when I stayed on the far right side of the platform and ducked (down arrow) while the projectile went over my character. You may have to sacrifice a few of those floating nerkmids, but at least it will (hopefully) get you across without losing a life. Good luck!