Day 9 - Usul Suspects

hrtbrk

I was expecting Chadley to want some ridiculous score on this one but 105 was way too easy. Beat it first try without even getting all stressed about it for a change! Boom, done. 9 days in a row of beating him so far, I hope I can keep it up, I am soooo wanting that gold trophy! ^_^

My high score was 60, which I'd hoped was just because of never really trying to score higher before, but after playing it for a bit, I realise this simply isn't my kind of game. I did manage to get 108, so I'm happy I beat Chadley, but even happier that I can stop playing this game now. XD

(So far all the challenges have been pretty easy for me though. This is the first time I managed to beat Chadley every single day so far. Usually there are days where I struggle to beat Abigail, let alone being able to consider aiming for a gold trophy.)

Yeah, this was definitely the easiest one yet. It doesn't even make much sense for Abigail's score to be 83pts... I don't see how someone might score 83 but not 105, it's such a small difference.

But I'm not complaining, I don't want my words to come back to bite me when it's time for games like AAA's Revenge, lol. *gulps*

*reads everyone's comments*

Ok, so does this mean that I will manage this easily...lol.

I'm not gonna try until I've managed both to eat and infuse my brain with some more caffeine though. :laugh:

45 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

Yeah, this was definitely the easiest one yet. It doesn't even make much sense for Abigail's score to be 83pts... I don't see how someone might score 83 but not 105, it's such a small difference.

But I'm not complaining, I don't want my words to come back to bite me when it's time for games like AAA's Revenge, lol. *gulps*

I'm fearing that game too... I'm really awful at it... I hope it will be on Saturday or Sunday, otherwise... I do not have the time to spend all day trying.

I am not that good at this game-but I beat Chadley with a score of 191 on my second try (I forgot to feed the babies with bottles with the right arrow key) ^_^

Good luck to everyone! Seems like this will be an easy day for all :heart:

My previous score was 83 which is exactly Abby's score for today.  So I figured it wouldn't take much to beat Chadley.  I lost twice at right around 95 points, but then I re-read the guide and used the extra life on my third try.  Worked like a charm!  I got to 114 points so now I'm 9/9 with Chadley this year :)

Wow, this game is EXTREMELY annoying. I hate everything about it. I was looking forward to the possibility of a gold trophy, but I'm not sure how much patience I'll have today. Current high score is 70...we'll see how it goes. 

EDIT: Got 121 after a few tries. I guess it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I am happy to never ever play this game again (until the next time it's included in DD...)

Since not everyone thinks this one is too easy, I'm going to suggest trying out the "strategy" I use, which is to try my best not to let any usuls get away. I'm terrible at multi-tasking, so I prefer to make a bigger effort to hit them all when they're falling than having to deal with them later (and I feel that once you let two or more usuls slip, they accumulate and it becomes a never ending cycle of having to watch both sides of the screen, which can be quite overwhelming). In the later levels it's impossible to hit every single one (at least not without getting shot), but for Chadley's score you only need to play until level 2 or 3, so it should be fine.

There are many games I haven't played, including this one, until today. At first I had some trouble with it but then concentrated and got a 174. I think playing it more often makes it easier. The fact that it is pretty quick also means you don't have to spend 10 minutes to see if you're bad, you'll know right away, so just restart after a low score. This is not a complex game, just a matter of timing your shots and choosing a method that works for you. On another note: I am also very surprised that the Water Powered Pistol is being sold on the Trading Post at all (above 100,000 for now) . I'm sure the value will go down as the day goes on, but I'm confused why it is worth more than 50,000? Isn't this the highest price so far for a Daily Prize? That seems like a lot just for doing this on the same day.

toy_water_gun.gif

42 minutes ago, lakecat said:

There are many games I haven't played, including this one, until today. At first I had some trouble with it but then concentrated and got a 174. I think playing it more often makes it easier. The fact that it is pretty quick also means you don't have to spend 10 minutes to see if you're bad, you'll know right away, so just restart after a low score. This is not a complex game, just a matter of timing your shots and choosing a method that works for you. On another note: I am also very surprised that the Water Powered Pistol is being sold on the Trading Post at all (above 100,000 for now) . I'm sure the value will go down as the day goes on, but I'm confused why it is worth more than 50,000? Isn't this the highest price so far for a Daily Prize? That seems like a lot just for doing this on the same day.

toy_water_gun.gif

Actually the Seeking Arrow given out by Abigail was going for quite a bit, having checked again, but I paid 275k for mine, it might go up it might go down, but odds are the Water Powered Pistol is higher priced because of it being good in the battledome?

As I said when I saw this game on the list, WAY TOO EASY! Like extremely! I beat him so fast I just had to play a second time just for fun because as Angelo said, it seemed insulting!

33 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Actually the Seeking Arrow given out by Abigail was going for quite a bit, having checked again, but I paid 275k for mine, it might go up it might go down, but odds are the Water Powered Pistol is higher priced because of it being good in the battledome?

Jellyneo has it listed as a Toy, not as Battle Magic. Seems pretty expensive for a play thing. I wonder if people realize that it's not for the Battledome? Maybe that's why the smart money people are selling while they can. I'll hold onto mine just to be sure.

As for the Seeking Arrow: that was one reason I played against Abigail that day, and glad I did. :arrowhead:

http://items.jellyneo.net/item/62878/

http://items.jellyneo.net/item/62853/

1 hour ago, lakecat said:

Jellyneo has it listed as a Toy, not as Battle Magic. Seems pretty expensive for a play thing. I wonder if people realize that it's not for the Battledome? Maybe that's why the smart money people are selling while they can. I'll hold onto mine just to be sure.

As for the Seeking Arrow: that was one reason I played against Abigail that day, and glad I did. :arrowhead:

Jellyneo isn't wrong. It is a toy but it is also a weapon. It deals 13 icons and also blocks 5 icons. It's a fantastic weapon and one you should not toss away.

You can find more information on it on our Battlepedia: http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/3132

2 hours ago, lakecat said:

toy_water_gun.gif

1 hour ago, lakecat said:

I was really surprised when I saw the Neopets Est. Value of 300,000 NP. Can you believe that!? Although it is listed as a Toy, it is a Battledome weapon, as you can equip it to your pet, via the "Choose an Action" drop down box. Not sure why it's selling on the TP for above 100,000 NP though. However, looking at the stats of 3 physical icons, 10 water icons and defends against 5 fire icons, could be why.

EDIT: As for today's challenge, I did manage to beat Chadley. However, I'm not very fond of "Usul Suspects". I'm just not very good at this game. Although easy, it took me three tried to beat Chadley's score. I found if I aimed for the helicopter hats, on the baby Usuls, it would drop them straight to the ground, and they'd disappear. Could be helpful knowing that, to manage the number of Baby Usuls. No complaints, though.

4 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I was really surprised when I saw the Neopets Est. Value of 300,000 NP. Can you believe that!? Although it is listed as a Toy, it is a Battledome weapon, as you can equip it to your pet, via the "Choose an Action" drop down box. Not sure why it's selling on the TP for above 100,000 NP though. However, looking at the stats of 3 physical icons, 10 water icons and defends against 5 fire icons, could be why.

EDIT: As for today's challenge, I did manage to beat Chadley. However, I'm not very fond of "Usul Suspects". I'm just not very good at this game. Although easy, it took me three tried to beat Chadley's score. I found if I aimed for the helicopter hats, on the baby Usuls, it would drop them straight to the ground, and they'd disappear. Could be helpful knowing that, to manage the number of Baby Usuls. No complaints, though.

thank God that i remembered to do today's daily dare. i was surprised to see the pistol has a lot of icons with its mediocre looks. and i am not fond of the game also. i barely defeated chadley's score with 125 points.

If you're playing this game, the game guide on JellyNeo is worth reading. I got a few interesting pointers-like staying between levels so those baby usuls can't get you- that I never knew about.

In one of my better games, I got 104 points. Yeah, I missed beating Chadley by two miserable points! That really stung! I played again and again, but only beat Abigail.

I really hope I can wipe that smug smile off that Zafara's face tomorrow.