Day 8 - Whirlpool

hrtbrk

Whoa, today's challenge is hard. I was barely able to beat Chadley with a score of 99738.

Now that I look at your guide I can't believe it didn't occur to me to move whirpools onto the anemones. I feel dumb :P

EDIT: I decided to play the game again, but this time using your guide to see what score I'd get. Got 126k+. Definitely helpful!

The game is pretty fun :) I'm thinking about trying to get a trophy on this one eventually too :) I was just fooling around with the controls and seeing what each lvl held, but just by doing that I got 97k, so that's cool :) haha

See I tried putting a whirl pool on one of the anemones and one of them still got eaten... oh well..,..

Hahaha, oh gosh, this game is trolling me so hard, before I even START. :laugh:

I open the game up and scroll down a touch to see what I've scored before; now the fact that I scrolled down is important because in doing so I moved the required scores off the top of the screen before I could see them...

So there's me, blissfully unaware, looking at my high score of 5212 and being pleased, because I was expecting it to say 10 or something, so I'm sat here thinking "oh hey, looks like I did ok on this before, might get to beat Chadley again today!" :lmaosmiley:

WRONG! :laugh:

Came and read this thread and almost had heart failure, LMAO.

1 hour ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

The game is pretty fun :) I'm thinking about trying to get a trophy on this one eventually too :) I was just fooling around with the controls and seeing what each lvl held, but just by doing that I got 97k, so that's cool :) haha

See I tried putting a whirl pool on one of the anemones and one of them still got eaten... oh well..,..

I was thinking about trying for a trophy, I would have to keep practicing for those approximately 6000 points I need for the trophy, unless I get lucky.

P.S.: No problem to beat Chadley today either.

I too had never played a full game of this before. After reading your guide, and stopping between each level, I was able to get over 108,000 on my first try. I really messed up a lot on one or two levels, so I suggest anyone who wants to do this to not get discouraged. Play some levels a few times until you understand how the whirlpools work. It's one of the more attractive games, and it's fun watching them swim in circles. Here is what the Sea Shells Globe looks like:

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1341370

I like the music for this game, it's pretty, but I can't work out how to play it AT. ALL.

Today's score is: DD -1  Jelly's MS - big fat zero :laugh:

My braining ability has clearly decreased since I got that "awesome" score if 1525, lol. No biggy though, I've managed usable scores for 5 of the games so far, and that's more than I expected, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. :)

13 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I like the music for this game, it's pretty, but I can't work out how to play it AT. ALL.

Today's score is: DD -1  Jelly's MS - big fat zero :laugh:

My braining ability has clearly decreased since I got that "awesome" score if 1525, lol. No biggy though, I've managed usable scores for 5 of the games so far, and that's more than I expected, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. :)

Jelly, your spirit and attitude through your condition inspire me. Thanks for joining and bringing your light to us. :angel:

So far I've done only one Chadley and rest Abigail, and I absolutely adore the skirt that it's her prize! :wub_anim:
I didn't do any Double Dare and Team Challenge, does that prevent me to get Silver Trophy? :(

I actually liked this game :D It's funny and challenging. I went for Abigail score though.

23 minutes ago, lakecat said:

Jelly, your spirit and attitude through your condition inspire me. Thanks for joining and bringing your light to us. :angel:

Why thank you very much :blush: I try my best to not let myself dissolve into a miserable bucket of blub.

My light is very eco-friendly and energy-saving too, just so you know. *polishes halo*

Woohoo, I beat Chadley on the first try thanks to the guide! I thought I had messed it up cause I lost a few petpets to the anemones on the last couple of levels, but I still came out with a score over 100k. Day 8 already done :biggrin:

I've played this game before and beaten Chadley's score pretty easily. Today, however, the whirlpools over the anemones were being very fickle. Managed it after the 4th try. 

34 minutes ago, casperiscaptain said:

Followed TDN's game guide and had no problems beating Chadley! :rock:

Same here! I got 115,065 on my second try.

Got this one in one try, Chadley's score was easy to beat with the guide. 8 days so far of beating him, really want the gold trophy this year and keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks for the guides, they're fantastic! <3 <3 <3

12 hours ago, Yuiina said:

So far I've done only one Chadley and rest Abigail, and I absolutely adore the skirt that it's her prize! :wub_anim:
I didn't do any Double Dare and Team Challenge, does that prevent me to get Silver Trophy? :(

I actually liked this game :D It's funny and challenging. I went for Abigail score though.

I don't believe not doing either of those would keep you from getting a silver trophy. Double Dare and Team Challenge usually just mean extra prizes.

Best thing about this game is the music! I think it is great. And, with TDN's guide, it doesn't take too long and can be a good way to earn 1K NP, as others have mentioned.