Day 4 - Tubular Kiko Racing [Team Challenge]

hrtbrk

This is going to be a hard one for a lot of people so I figured I'd post it an hour early so people could get some practice runs in.

My biggest tips are:

1) get an umbrella if you can ASAP.

2) try to make sure your kiko is facing forward. when he/she is, hold both LEFT AND RIGHT to steer straight forward..

If your kiko gets turned around and is facing backwards, holding UP AND DOWN at the same time will make it steer straight forward.

Always try to position your kiko straight the best you can.

3) Get those checkpoints!!!

once I realized you could power through it holding both arrows, it was pretty easy to get Chadley's score, even missing most of the checkpoints.

Abigails prizes look better, though.

1 hour ago, fantazia01 said:

Boo, I've been away so long that none of my neofriends are here anymore, stupid team challenge. :(

you will find lots of people on the Neoboards with scores ready to send ...

one of the easiest games for me :) 

Is it just me, or have the challenges been relatively easy so far? /: I'm usually pretty terrible at most flash games, but I haven't had much trouble beating Chadley every day so far--and only with an hour or two of practice, instead of all day like in some years past... 

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

you will find lots of people on the Neoboards with scores ready to send ...

one of the easiest games for me :) 

Thanks Angelo! I have a score that beats Chadley ready to send and put a request on the neoboard, here's hoping! -crosses fingers- ^_^

Update: Aaaaand DONE! Woohoo! -tosses confetti-

Edited by fantazia01

50 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Is it just me, or have the challenges been relatively easy so far? /: I'm usually pretty terrible at most flash games, but I haven't had much trouble beating Chadley every day so far--and only with an hour or two of practice, instead of all day like in some years past... 

Not all of em were easy! lol I was pulling my hair out yesterday over Kou-jong but, finally beat it! At least it's over. I was dreading that game XD So far I've beaten Chadley on all of the DDs, I really hope I can keep it up ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Midgetlegs said:

Beat Chadley's score pretty quickly, even though I never really did get the hang of the controls. I just sort of luck-bobbed through it with a score of 500 something. 

That's how I did it too. You just need to stay alive long enough to rack up some points, which shouldn't take too long since each checkpoint is worth 30 points. 

Kinda surprised they chose this game, but no so much with Chadley's score. This game was unplayable when JS took over from Viacom and moved servers. It would let you start the game, but would stay forever on "Loading Map" and "Map...0%". I believe it was late last year (October?), when TNT/JS finally "fixed" the game. So, I believe that is why Chadley's score is somewhat low. Anyhow, thank you for the tips, @hrtbrk! Much appreciated!

What. The. Freaking. Hell!!  I don't understand all you people who are beating Chadley on the first or with little trouble.  This game is impossible!  I've read the game guide.  It only helps so much.  Maybe my screen is too small but I can't work out which way he's facing and I can't control what is going on.  As for pressing both left and right at the same time, it works great...right until it whooshes you straight into a whirlpool.  I'm rapidly losing patience with this.  I might just go for Abigail's score and call it quits for the day.  I'm not up to this level of aggravation.

EDIT: Of course, as soon as I posted this, I managed to beat Chadley.  Luckily, I hadn't nominated WHO I was going to challenge yet.  I'm so not worried about the team challenge thing!

6 hours ago, kayahtik said:

I have been thinking the same thing. I cannot speak for other years of the Daily Dare, but last year (my first time playing it) it was really hard for me, and because of 1 game and ended up with the runner up medal... And this year is quite easy for me... I did not want to say anything in case my luck goes away... but yes, it is not just you.

Sorry if this is posted somewhere. But what does Team Challenge mean for this? Does it change anything with my score/prizes, or do I have to send it with someone or something?

***Nevermind, I saw it on the guide. Is there a specific place to find people to send scores with though? I never have used neoboards since coming back to neopets.

33 minutes ago, SootSprite said:

Sorry if this is posted somewhere. But what does Team Challenge mean for this? Does it change anything with my score/prizes, or do I have to send it with someone or something?

***Nevermind, I saw it on the guide. Is there a specific place to find people to send scores with though? I never have used neoboards since coming back to neopets.

You could try posting here. Hopefully, someone on TDN who hasn't found anyone yet will notice and reply back. If not, Take a look at the "Games" and "Help" Neoboards. (From the main Neopets page, hover over "Community" and click on "Neoboards"). The "Games" is almost completely filled with Chadley and Abigail Team Challenge requests.

Will somebody be my partner for this?  I have a score of 405 that I'm ready to submit.  Send me a neomail to geoterza.  I'm playing Neoquest right now so with near constant page updates I should get your neomail right away.

I followed heartbreak's advice and then I tried alexinwonderland's advice of just holding right and left together and just barely squeaked by with a good enough score :)

EDIT:  I reread this thread and I went on the neoboards and found a partner in about 45 seconds - Challenge Complete!

19 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

This is going to be a hard one for a lot of people so I figured I'd post it an hour early so people could get some practice runs in.

My biggest tips are:

1) get an umbrella if you can ASAP.

2) try to make sure your kiko is facing forward. when he/she is, hold both LEFT AND RIGHT to steer straight forward..

If your kiko gets turned around and is facing backwards, holding UP AND DOWN at the same time will make it steer straight forward.

Always try to position your kiko straight the best you can.

3) Get those checkpoints!!!

Thanks for this advice. I usually read these threads first but somehow forgot. I'm not good at the "button" games (as compared to mouse games). I settled for the Abigail score, partly because I'd never played this before. However, I also noticed that the Abigail Team prize, the Seeking Arrow, may be worth more. Does anyone know why?

(I too found a partner on the Neoboards and got the Seeking Arrow already)

2 minutes ago, lakecat said:

However, I also noticed that the Abigail Team prize, the Seeking Arrow, may be worth more. Does anyone know why?

My guess would be because it's a one-time use weapon, and so it's consumable, which means that the quantity in circulation is going to decrease rapidly as each item is used.

I also think a lot of people who compete against AAA/Chadley for the gold trophy during DD go around buying Abigail's prizes afterward as collector's items, which would create demand for an (increasingly limited) item, even if it's not particularly useful. 

5 minutes ago, lakecat said:

Thanks for this advice. I usually read these threads first but somehow forgot. I'm not good at the "button" games (as compared to mouse games). I settled for the Abigail score, partly because I'd never played this before. However, I also noticed that the Abigail Team prize, the Seeking Arrow, may be worth more. Does anyone know why?

The Seeking Arrow is a Battledome weapon. It's single use but does 15 icons of damage from what I've seen on the Neoboards. Not a lot of people took the Abigail score so there will be a limited supply of them that will grow smaller over time so..I guess that's the cause for the crazy price. It may come down for a while but as they are used up in the Battledome they'll get more expensive again as time goes by.

So I've never done a Team Challenge before, and I didn't know that I had to wait until AFTER I had a partner to send my score. I feel REEEAAAALLY stupid right now, and thought that I would share this just in case anyone else made the same mistake. It's not just you, there is at least one other empty headed neopet player out there.

Can i still get a trophy? I have beat Chadley's score everyday so far, even though I messed up the Team Challenge.

Just now, babayaga67 said:

So I've never done a Team Challenge before, and I didn't know that I had to wait until AFTER I had a partner to send my score. I feel REEEAAAALLY stupid right now, and thought that I would share this just in case anyone else made the same mistake. It's not just you, there is at least one other empty headed neopet player out there.

Can i still get a trophy? I have beat Chadley's score everyday so far, even though I messed up the Team Challenge.

Sorry to hear you already sent a score, before accepting or sending a Team Challenge request. (I think we've all done that, before. I know I did). However, never fear, you are still in the running for a gold trophy! The only thing you missed out on, is getting the extra Team Challenge prize. Which, I'm sure can find the prize in someone's shop, via the SW or SSW. Not sure for how much, but, if you are wanting one, I'm sure you can find it.

Phew!!! I don't like this game much... beat Chadley's score though, after several replays.... When I tried to send my score initially I got an error and had to play over... by then I'd got a team partner and it took me a few minutes well to get back a proper score. Thanks for the tips Hrtbrk!