Reset plot

Yuiina

Hello everyone! 
I was wondering if there is a way to reset the plot because I had a loooong break of neopets and when I restarted it, still in the beginning of the plot, I tried to find the dreamer constellation but I just can't! And yes... I checked everything! 
The archivist on my account says " The archivist says, "A pattern of two lines, on the front of that old tomb? How intriguing. I wonder what it could refer to? Perhaps there is a matching pair of lines somewhere to be found."
and the pattern on the door is just fine.. 
So I was wondering if I could reset or if there's anyone that can help me getting through the plot.

Well, as far as I know, there is no way to reset the Altador Plot. If you made to "Part 4 - Dreamer", not sure why you'd want to reset anyway - meaning, you already made it this far, so why not keep going?!

Hmm...Although you said, "I tried to find the dreamer constellation...", I don't believe you are on "Part 4 - Dreamer" of TDN's Altador Plot guide, but on "Part 3 - Sleeper", as the quote you listed, "The archivist says, "A pattern of two lines, on the front of that old tomb? How intriguing. I wonder what it could refer to? Perhaps there is a matching pair of lines somewhere to be found.", is found on step 21 of "Part 3 - Sleeper" here: http://thedailyneopets.com/altador-plot/part3/

It looks like you need to complete step 22, and enter your coordinates into the telescope on Neopets here: http://www.neopets.com/altador/hallofheroes.phtml?stairs=1&telescope=1

Make sure to use TDN's constellation finder here: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/altador-plot/constellation-finder/, or using the "CLICK HERE" link listed in step 22. It will make it much easier.

Generally, the issue with inputting the constellation into the telescope on Neopets, is making sure you have the correct star coordinates and how you are connecting the "lines" of the constellation. In the case of the "Sleeper", make sure you connect all three stars to each other, for each "eye". So, if looking at the left "eye", connect the upper, top star on the left, to the star in the "middle" (using the "Connect Stars" option, in the telescope), and then connect the "middle" star to the "bottom" star. Meaning do not just connect a slanted line from the top star to the bottom one. You must connect to each star by starting on the top, stopping at the middle, and then starting from the middle, connecting to the bottom one. I really hope that makes sense. I'm not very good at explaining things, but usually another TDNer will post/explain it in a better way. Then, do the same for the right "eye.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if it does and how the "Plot" is going. If you reach another "sticky" spot, again, please let us know and we can try to assist. Good luck!

152228_mspp.gif

I don't think you can reset and you shouldn't have to. There's nearly always something that was simply overlooked. As Scoobert_Doo said, you may really be on part 3, in which case of course you would actually be searching for that constellation. As also mentioned, you have to make sure the coordinates are exactly right. If they aren't connected right, even if it looks like they are, the constellation won't register. What helped me, other than the constellation finder, was to look at a picture of the constellation and then compare it to the stars I had connected. At times I was nearly positive I had it right and then I compared the picture and saw, for example, that a star I connected to one star was actually supposed to be connected to another star.

These are just  some things to consider. In any case, you should be able to figure things out.

Yes, it was my mistake because sleeper and dreamer are alike :P 
Yes, I'm in the part where you choose  your first constellation. I used constellation finder and the shape of it was perfect but the game didn't accepted it :( 
I tried many times in the past but it kept failing :(

I will try again and tell you how it went.

I retried it now and I did like Scoobert_Doo said.. which makes me feel like an idiot >.< 
I was connecting only the top with the bottom on both sides which I can see how stupid it is right now >.<
Thank you! And I'm sure I'll meet you again about this plot because it seems it is a bit difficult to complete :) 

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I didn't consider it as "double-post" since it had 2 days time difference.. if it was in the same day or just a couple of hours I'd understand. But like this is a bit "unfair"?