help

nightbuggg

I have no idea where to post this and this was some time ago anyway so it's not too important, i just want to know how this even happened.
A year ago i opened my old account and the only thing there was this little guy:

https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwVyMENwyAMAMBdGADcUGIn2yCCHKQEI-y-qu7e9p73dq95ud2dZkP3EI6mRebh1WRmrp5F-Kp5NPVF7pDNcjnv2k3Dgk-IAJgIKcJGRP9a0gZxTZjiio9fCc_W_ejsPl_CGCIC.egQ2wtz-kirefQiu0CJeYWHo_UU

(Sorry for spanish, nothing too important though)
Nothing in my inventory and no other pets.
I've never had an ogrin and i dont think this account was hacked or anything because i logged in the same time as my friend did so we could play Key Quest and this happened to them too.
Both were called the same and both had the same stats.
We couldnt use it at the Battledrome or anywhere really, it was like we didn't own any pets at all.
I'm really not trying to make some creepypasta-ish post, that's dumb, i already moved onto another account because i'd rather have the starter pack than start from zero with an useless pet and no items, i just want to know how did this even happen.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
This topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets General Chat' to 'Neopets Help'.

I don't fully follow what you're asking...

You logged back into your old account and found a pet that you don't remember having but the name is correct?

There used to be a Random Event that would turn your pet into a baby, but that has since been disabled. It wouldn't have changed the species though.

I would change your password on the account just to be safe.

So the same thing happened to your friend, at the same time? (Do you mean you both saw the exact same pet on your accounts (the one in the picture), with the same name? Or did the 'new' pets in your accounts have the names of your old pets?)

It kinda sounds like a glitch to me (albeit a very weird one), unless you (both) changed your pets a long time ago, and simply don't remember.

Did you ever try logging back into that account after that day? If so, had anything changed?

(Is this your old account, btw?)

I guess it's possible you were hacked, and the hacker had already left by the time you checked your account again (without changing your password, apparently...). Were there other things missing, like Neopoints or valuable items from you Safety Deposit Box?

I meant we both saw the same pet active, same name, same brush, same stats.
The last user was not me nor my friend, so either that account is the hacker's account or it's really just a glitch.
Also i'm pretty sure i did still have neopoints, just nothing in my inventory.
I didn't really check the Safety Deposit either and i'm not even really sure what the Safety Deposit is.

The Safety Deposit Box is a place where you can store items. You should see at the top of most pages on Neopets a place where it says either "Safety Deposit Box" or "SDB". As far as I know, there is no limit to how many items you can store (if there is, it is a lot) and anything you put in there is safe from the Pant Devil and any other random events where something is taken from your inventory.

As for the situation with the accounts, that is really strange. I don't think it is a hack because if someone transferred that pet it wouldn't be on both you and your friend's accounts. Also, the fact you couldn't do anything with the pet, such as fight in the Battledome. I don't know why that particular pet was showing up, but seems to me like some sort of error on Neopets end.

The last user was not me nor my friend, so either that account is the hacker's account or it's really just a glitch.

I didn't really check the Safety Deposit either and i'm not even really sure what the Safety Deposit is.

That's very odd, it must be some kind of glitch then, because there's no way the exact same pet could be on two accounts at the same time.

I temporarily switched my Neopets to Spanish to figure out what the Safety Deposit Box (SDB) is called in Spanish: Caja de Seguridad.

So, like funkydragondiva said, it's the place where you can store your items. It's worth remembering what valuable items you store in there, because if you ever get hacked or frozen, knowing what was in your SDB can help you get your account (and your things) back.

I don't understand what "the last user was not me nor my friend" means. Last user of what? Where do you see that?