Wheel of Monotony: Has this ever happened to you??

rraspberry

The only reason I spin the Wheel of Monotony is to get the avatar, which you can get by landing on the "?" spot. To my surprise and excitement, I landed on that spot today, and it said I got the avatar! But then, I checked my avatar count and Neoboard preferences, only to find it wasn't there! Has this happened anyone else??

I'm sorry that happened to you. I don't think that has happened to me, though it is likely the case for someone else. I had a situation where I got a Pirate Techo Morphing Potion from Anchor Management, but when I checked my inventory it was not there, however it could be I got a random event where it was taken and I didn't see. With you, if you definitely don't have the avatar, then of course the only explanation is a glitch.

I'd suggest sending a ticket. I don't know if they will be able to help if there is no proof you should have recieved the avatar, but it's worth a shot. At worst, you will have to keep spinning the wheel and get on the spot again. I hope you are able to get the avatar soon!

I just thought if you land on that spot again, screen capture the image, if you didn't already. Then If you still don't have the avatar you can update your ticket and include the image.

I know there are a couple of avatars where it WON'T tell you that you got the avatar when you won it (I think the Wheel of Misfortune is one of them, from memory), but I've not heard of this happening.  Do you have your avatar checklist here on TDN?  Assuming you've been keeping it up to date, you could always check the total it says you have on here, then do the one-click importer and see if the count goes up by one.  Why you can't see it though, that's the real mystery.

I know there are a couple of avatars where it WON'T tell you that you got the avatar when you won it (I think the Wheel of Misfortune is one of them, from memory), but I've not heard of this happening.  Do you have your avatar checklist here on TDN?  Assuming you've been keeping it up to date, you could always check the total it says you have on here, then do the one-click importer and see if the count goes up by one.  Why you can't see it though, that's the real mystery.

Yep, I use the avatar checklist here, and update it with each newly acquired avatar. I'll try that out! Although my "obtained" total and the total on my profile page match. Won't hurt to try, though :)