The Official "I Can't Access My Account. Now What?" Board.

.Brianna.

Hi there!Im an old time neopets player just tried to login to my neopets account for the advent calendar dailies and seems I am locked out of my account:( I tried to do the forgotten my password and I never got an email...I have had my account for a long time 10+ years:/ I last logged into neopets in August and my account was fine..I have never had any issues like this regarding my account..and what sucks even more is that I didnt take the time to either right all the tinhs I would need possibly to get the account back or screen shot everything..and I have read the posts on this forum and it seems even if I were to submit a ticket or contact neopets I wouldnt get an answer soon:/ if anything if its not just a few people having this issue it seems maybe something went really wrong with neopets account security..also when I tried to login to my account I tried to put the password in several times to see if maybe I made a mistake with it..and have now run out of ''tries'' to access the account...sucks cuz my new pet drake I managed hatch last year a few days after xmas would be turning a year old this month..if someone could maybe check and see if my account is still on neopets that would really be helpful..try to view my profile animals6662

Your account is showing up for me just fine, so I don't think you've been frozen. It says last account activity was 98 days ago, which fits with you saying you last logged in in August.

As for never getting the email about the forgotten password: did you check your spam? The email might've ended up there.

Yes I did check my spam and still have not gotten an email back with the password:/ and that is good my account is still there!!I wonder if my issue has to do with what alot of others are having with the password change?I tried again to get into my account a few hours ago again and was asked for my bday which I put in and was again given the ''you have used up the number of tries'' thing again...so Im not sure what I should do from here..I could try to do the forgotten password thing again but if I did not get the email for it the first time not sure if trying again would do any luck..what would be the best option for me to do from here?

Yes I did check my spam and still have not gotten an email back with the password:/ and that is good my account is still there!!I wonder if my issue has to do with what alot of others are having with the password change?I tried again to get into my account a few hours ago again and was asked for my bday which I put in and was again given the ''you have used up the number of tries'' thing again...so Im not sure what I should do from here..I could try to do the forgotten password thing again but if I did not get the email for it the first time not sure if trying again would do any luck..what would be the best option for me to do from here?

Unfortunately the password reset thing is not working properly and it's been this way for a while. You'll have to follow the steps outlined in the first post to get Neopets Team to reset your password for you and let you access your account. In your ticket be sure to provide as much information as possible about your account, things like only you would know are best. Good luck!

Ok thanks!But I am not sure if it would be wise or even time worthy to try and make a side account to submit a ticket about my main account having issues..also I think I will stop trying to access my main account(trying to login to it) fear of possibly mistakely getting it frozen in the process..which is something I dont want..I will have to really try and remember much of my neopets and what I have done over the years..I think I may just wait until monday to maybe email their support since the weekend comes soon dont think it would do any luck sending it out now ...hopefully all these issues get resolved soon sad to see so many players have to have the same issues:/ I might even wait out the issue..but then again the longer I wait the less of a chance Id get of getting my account back

Ok thanks!But I am not sure if it would be wise or even time worthy to try and make a side account to submit a ticket about my main account having issues..also I think I will stop trying to access my main account(trying to login to it) fear of possibly mistakely getting it frozen in the process..which is something I dont want..I will have to really try and remember much of my neopets and what I have done over the years..I think I may just wait until monday to maybe email their support since the weekend comes soon dont think it would do any luck sending it out now ...hopefully all these issues get resolved soon sad to see so many players have to have the same issues:/ I might even wait out the issue..but then again the longer I wait the less of a chance Id get of getting my account back

The ONLY way you are going to be able to access your main account is by creating a side account to use in the mean time and submitting a ticket. If you choose to wait until TNT fixes the password recovery then you will be waiting a very very long time. This is something that has been broken for 6+ months. You're chances are much higher to send in a ticket and await a response then wait for the password recovery to be fixed.

Ok!I also just checked my mail again to see if I had any luck of the forgotten password mail coming by chance lastnight turns out nope nothing..should I use the same email I used for my main for my side account or make a new email all together?Sorry if I ask so many questions..but from what I have read many other players have their main accounts frozen if they make a side account or so..I just dont wanna put my main account at risk you know?Sure it is all online but heck I grew up with NP..even had much older accounts which became lost due to email changes years upon years ago so the account I have now has been my main since then.I hate to ask this but does TNT track accounts by use of IP addresses?I was thinking that if I cannot remember a whole lot of my account since I didnt store any info of it that I could send an email to them saying my IP addresses location and if they do  use IP as a way of tracking(on other games Ive played this is one huge way of banning players who constantly break the rules)..also does TDN have any lists of like random NP items like grooming, toys etc?I know they have Advent Calendar Dailies listed from the years ago..I have a TON of random junk+some good old Advent stuff in my Safety Box..over the week end I will try to find as much as I can and see if I can make a side account as you suggested and send in a ticket with as much info as my main as possible

Ok!I also just checked my mail again to see if I had any luck of the forgotten password mail coming by chance lastnight turns out nope nothing..should I use the same email I used for my main for my side account or make a new email all together?Sorry if I ask so many questions..but from what I have read many other players have their main accounts frozen if they make a side account or so..I just dont wanna put my main account at risk you know?Sure it is all online but heck I grew up with NP..even had much older accounts which became lost due to email changes years upon years ago so the account I have now has been my main since then.I hate to ask this but does TNT track accounts by use of IP addresses?I was thinking that if I cannot remember a whole lot of my account since I didnt store any info of it that I could send an email to them saying my IP addresses location and if they do use IP as a way of tracking(on other games Ive played this is one huge way of banning players who constantly break the rules)..also does TDN have any lists of like random NP items like grooming, toys etc?I know they have Advent Calendar Dailies listed from the years ago..I have a TON of random junk+some good old Advent stuff in my Safety Box..over the week end I will try to find as much as I can and see if I can make a side account as you suggested and send in a ticket with as much info as my main as possible

This page has a number of things that are helpful to include when proving account ownership. You might remember more than you think!

As far as having your account frozen when you create a side account goes - these two things aren't really correlated. However, if TNT believes your account has been compromised they might freeze it for your protection (which can be undone if you prove account ownership).

Ok thank you guys for all the help!!I will try to make a side account in the mean time.Would it be wrong of me to use the side account to look at my main account profile to help jog my memory of it?Also it might take me more than just the weekend to make a list of as much as I can before submitting my ticket..I know I have redeem codes of NP merch that I got long ago..problem now will be to find them lol.I will try to keep you guys updated on it

I'm not sure if I should post this here or not - my account was not frozen but it DID get hacked in the time that I stopped playing for a while.  Of course whoever it was cleaned out everything............ I submitted a ticket over a month ago with no luck. I had a premium membership before, and I wanted to start back. I'm extremely iffy about paying money again (although I love the site) with all these issues going on and unanswered tickets. In the meantime I'm just playing like normal, but are there any suggestions for this? Or am I probably just out of luck and all my items and NPs are long gone?

Manged to make a side account with no problems..also I was going through old passwords and links I had written down from NP and found I have a few old neoboards links wrote down (this was before I knew how to copy/paste lol) would they consider old neoboards links as proof of ownership aswell?Also is listing it as password/account access help the route I should take?Sorry it has been so long since Ive had to do something dealing with the help/submit a ticket process..one more question does anyone know if Embarq/CenturyLink blocks Neopets emails now?Last email I had gotten was for an event back in Sept this year

So, my account was frozen on the last day of Games Master Challenge. I was playing Jubble Bubble and FINALLY got a score of over 400, sent my score, and it said there was an error sending, so I refreshed and ever since I haven't been able to login and discovered my account was frozen. Thankfully I remembered my ex bf's old account password and submitted a ticket- I can't seem to access that ticket #, but I did post on the neoboards help page to hopefully get some kind of response. In February I will have had my account for 16 years- I am a premium member- never once in all that time was my account ever frozen. the only thing I can think of is that in all that time I had never updated my password. I really hope they don't take forever in responding and I really hope they can restore my account, it's been so long since I've had it! :( :( sadness. Username: mercreious

Welp...I just submitted a ticket today since I saw that I missed the latest Challenges from AAA and wanted to see how my girls were doing.  Couldn't login even though I know my stuff was right and instantly came here to find out what in the hay :p

Submitted a ticket on a side and now for the waiting game.  Nice to see familiar faces again and thank you for this board!

So, my account was frozen on the last day of Games Master Challenge. I was playing Jubble Bubble and FINALLY got a score of over 400, sent my score, and it said there was an error sending, so I refreshed and ever since I haven't been able to login and discovered my account was frozen. Thankfully I remembered my ex bf's old account password and submitted a ticket- I can't seem to access that ticket #, but I did post on the neoboards help page to hopefully get some kind of response. In February I will have had my account for 16 years- I am a premium member- never once in all that time was my account ever frozen. the only thing I can think of is that in all that time I had never updated my password. I really hope they don't take forever in responding and I really hope they can restore my account, it's been so long since I've had it! :( :( sadness. Username: mercreious

I can view your account, so I don't think you've been frozen, but when I viewed your profile just now, your status said you were online, so unless you've already gotten access to your account again, perhaps you've been hacked?

I am at the end of my rope.. I have been on neopets for over 12 years. My account has been frozen without warning or reason. I have tried to call, email and snail mail to no avail. Please tell me what to do. I have tried to summit a ticket and it won't let me do that.. I tried changing my password. I have tried it all.. My husband even tried to contact them from his active account... Help please grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am at the end of my rope.. I have been on neopets for over 12 years. My account has been frozen without warning or reason. I have tried to call, email and snail mail to no avail. Please tell me what to do. I have tried to summit a ticket and it won't let me do that.. I tried changing my password. I have tried it all.. My husband even tried to contact them from his active account... Help please grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You'll need to follow the steps outlined in the first post and unfortunately wait. Calling and snail mailing will do you no good. Your best bet to to submit a ticket from a side account owned by you and not a third party like your husband. If you cannot get the help site to load, that's when you can email them at the email address provided in the first post. After that it's a gigantic waiting game, so with a side account you can still play Neopets and use that as your main account until you get access to your account.

I submitted a ticket since October and no response since then.  I am certain my account is frozen.  And it was shocking too because I was literally on the site the day before.  Since I save my password to the browser I was surprised I was logged out but didn't think much of it since it has happened before when my auto log-in gets reset.  But I was actually told I had a bad password.  Then I tried resetting the password.  Except I used another email address since I didn't trust Neopet's security so I avoided using my real email thus as a result the email I used (which I thankfully still remembered) was actually deactivated since it was out of use for so long.  After I finally regained access, I could reset the password except it doesn't work even though it "reset" it.

That's when I decided to go to my side and search my main and found it disabled, which is just shocking since I was literally still "active" although I was mainly doing dailies.  If I had done something wrong, wouldn't there be a warning first?  The only thing I can think of is someone hacked my account since my main has all my np, items and neocash.

Because I had done everything on my main including my avvie collection.  I do not want to give it up yet.  Because I definitely refuse to restart since current Neopets just isn't like it was before.  The only thing keeping me there is collecting interest and being able to play with my neocash collection, and trying to get more avvies.

I checked your account for you and unfortunately it has been disabled. :(

thank you so much for checking that for me. I won't have time to do it today but hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to actually sit down and go through the steps. I miss the account and I really have no idea what or why my account got flagged. id actually love to know? Is it because I was so good at escape to kreludor? I wasn't that good but that was my fave game :P never even got a high score i dont think ha

thank you so much for checking that for me. I won't have time to do it today but hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to actually sit down and go through the steps. I miss the account and I really have no idea what or why my account got flagged. id actually love to know? Is it because I was so good at escape to kreludor? I wasn't that good but that was my fave game :P never even got a high score i dont think ha

Your account was most likely frozen for your protection. With the recent data breach this fall if you haven't changed your password in a while or since 2012 TNT was resetting passwords and sending out emails with a timed link on them to reset passwords. Unfortunately a lot of people never got the emails properly or by the time they got the link it had timed out since it expired after so long. It's highly possible you got locked out simply for not changing your password recent enough. That's the only thing I can speculate as to what happened. I hope you get a fairly fast response from TNT when you go through all the steps. :)

I just thought of something for  the people who have gotten their accounts back..is to screenshot the conversation that they have with the support whether it be tickets and/or email..that way if something like that happens again to your account you can send in the screen shots as farther proof of ownership..when I sent mine in I ended up updating it for 3 days because I had actually forgotten important info regarding the reason of submitting it and got a reply fast..not sure how the system works but updating your ticket often seems to get their attention but I wouldnt do it daily like I did mistakenly Id say atleast once a week would do it for updating.Anyways good luck to all who are trying to get their accounts back!I also noticed on the Neoboards waiting list for tickets people ARE getting their accounts back quicker a bit now..and to make submitting a ticket even easier what you can do is put everything down in wordpad or notepad and just copy/paste it into the correct information fields..it saves alot of time typing it all in

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just providing a quick update.  So Alice had responded to my tickets just recently and I have regained access to my main.  I'm celebrating now! My ticket was submitted on October 23, 2016 and is officially unfrozen today.

I did submit a lot of information but it seems like the MOST important information is the original email that you signed up with for the neopet account.  It is definitely a good idea to log it.  Thankfully, I located the original account activation email so I was able to confirm which email I used.  This is an important piece of information she needs to obtain account owner verification.

I still am unclear as to whether there was suspicious activity since my NC items seem to be moved around; I'll need a few days to figure out if anything is missing.  But definitely do not lose hope if you are hoping to regain access to your account.  I just posted my ticket to the help board and that was all I did.  I was going to try out posting on Facebook but I didn't.  I did also update my ticket twice since my first submission for additional information.

Hello everyone!  I have had a problem logging in to my main account for months now. When it first happened, I thought it was hacked or I'd done something wrong because I kept getting the bad password error message.  However, I decided to try the log in with Facebook Option and it worked. I linked the account with Facebook when I signed up for Ghoul Catchers I think. The sign in with password also doesn't work for Ghoul Catchers anymore but the sign in with FB does. I try to log in with password the normal way from time to time and it still doesn't work so I use the FB option still.

If you haven't tried to log in too many times and your account doesn't read as disabled, you could try the log in with Facebook option.

Obviously there's a problem with logging in and it's not always that accounts were hacked or stolen. TNT/Jumpstart should recognize that and hopefully they are working on resolving this issue. I hope everyone gets their problem resolved soon though.