The Official "I Can't Access My Account. Now What?" Board.

.Brianna.

As you may have noticed, an increased number of Neopians have been losing access to their accounts recently.

This is a thread that you can post on now, or at any time in the future, if you're having issues with accessing your account and want to know what to do or how other users successfully regained access to accounts that they were locked out of as well as having frozen accounts restored. This way, you can come to this post and not have to hunt for other threads on the subject and all the information/best practices will be in one location for you.

From now on, please post here instead of starting a new topic. Also note, this is a thread for the discussion of issues regarding account access, and isn't meant to be a general chat board while you wait, so please stay on topic. Updates regarding progress are fine, but please stay within the scope of the topic of account access.

As a rule of thumb here are some of the recommendations that most users seem to make:
1. Use an existing side account or create a new side account to submit a ticket to TNT and if you cannot get the help site to load then you need to email them directly at [email protected] but only send one. Make sure you are polite and positive and be sure to provide as much information about your account as possible to prove that you are the owner.
2. Update your ticket daily by using the provide more information area.
3. Post on the Ticket Response Waiting Board which can be found in the Help section of the Neoboards. Just follow what everyone else there is doing.
4. Post on their Facebook page with your ticket number and politely ask that someone look into it.

5. In your correspondence with TNT be sure to remain polite and positive as these tickets tend to get looked at sooner then ones filled with anger and negativity.

DO NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE TICKET!

If you have questions that are not answered here or other tips that helped you or someone you know regain access to their account please share them below.

I realize this would make the information 3rd party, but a post from another site seems relevant:

"symbols such as @ and & will block the password from working.  There might be others that also do that but those seem to be the ones that cause the most issues"

This was supposedly from Alice W. on 11/16/2016.

Hey so I tried to recover my account by taking the first step of making a new account to submit my ticket to TNT but I can't even make a new account. I can't get past step 1/4 of making a new account. I make a unique username and put in a valid format password but it brings me back to page 1/4 again, but this time the unique username I chose just like 2 seconds ago is taken. I tried this 4 times, and it happened each time.

Should I just try resetting my password?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Make sure your account name isn't already taken and that it is appropriate for Neopets. They will flag inappropriate accounts immediately after creation and shut them down. If this is not the case, then maybe try a different browser. I'm not too sure what your problem could be with this. Maybe someone else will chime in with an idea.

Will our pets die if it takes a long time to  get the account back.  And I really don't want to start a new account so I emailed them-I guess it is just wait and see.

No your Neopets cannot die while you wait.

It is important to note that the process to regain access to an account can take a long time - you may want to create a new account so you can continue playing in the meantime anyway.

I had issues myself creating a side account & found my problem is with Internet Explorer so I opted to use Firefox instead.  Also, and more importantly, I created a Gmail e-mail account so I could receive the Activation Code because I realized I wasn't getting it on my AT&T (anything related to it) e-mail account.  (Yeah, another user name & PW to remember & have to use.)  I have nothing blocked & couldn't figure out why I never received it, neither in the spam box.  It was a pain to change it.  Then I had to wait & wait for the e-mail so I could activate it.  When I finally got it then I was able to submit my ticket for my main account. 

I have yet to receive a response or even to see if my ticket has been addressed in the status of it.  Very, very frustrating & time-consuming!  I am very upset about this.  It's been over a month since I've not been able to access my main acct. & my pets' birthdays are coming up, also the Advent Calendar.  I feel like giving up.  I've had them for 14 yrs.!  I'm trying to stay positive & upbeat about it.  Trying.

I hope this helps & good luck.  Monica.

I can't and I won't create a new account.  I have 5 million nps 32 trophies and a whole a lot  of stamps and collectables.  If I can't  get my account back I will just stop playing.

I know how you feel.  I didn't want to create one either until I finally broke down & did it.  Frankly, I feel like giving up, too.  I just can't bring myself to, though.

Good luck.  Monica.

I think I'm locked out. Everytime I sign in it takes me back to sign in page. It tells me I can't sign in with a blank username when I've used a username. It let me change my password and still won't take me to my account. It just goes back to home page. It's the weirdest thing. I'm going to email them but I can't really understand this. I have been playing neopets for like almost 17 years which is crazy but it seems to have had issues since the buyout so. I guess I mostly play sporadically for nostalgia anyway :(

I think I'm locked out. Everytime I sign in it takes me back to sign in page. It tells me I can't sign in with a blank username when I've used a username. It let me change my password and still won't take me to my account. It just goes back to home page. It's the weirdest thing. I'm going to email them but I can't really understand this. I have been playing neopets for like almost 17 years which is crazy but it seems to have had issues since the buyout so. I guess I mostly play sporadically for nostalgia anyway :(

I checked your account for you and unfortunately it has been disabled. :(

So discouraging!  I really enjoy playing neopets.  I going miss it and  this is suppose be a long cold winter here.  I have been trying to log on every day but not luck.

You're not going to be able to magically log in one day, unfortunately. Have you submitted a ticket and posted on the Ticket Response Waiting Board in the Help Chat? Simply emailing won't do anything in my opinion; you need to submit a ticket from an actual account if you want your main account back, even if you don't want to make a new one in the mean time.

Don't be discouraged. A lot of people are in the same boat and put in the time by following the steps Brianna posted above to get their account returned to them.

Hi.  Can someone please tell me where I can find the "Ticket Response Waiting Board" mentioned above?  Is that on Neopets or here?  I'm new at this & couldn't find anything on the Neopets page.  My ticket is still Open & I am not optimistic about it.  I feel like we're being ignored.  This is ridiculous.

Thank you!  Monica.

Sorry.  I meant, where are the Neoboards?  It's at Neopets but where, specifically?  (Like directions or what tab where?)

Thanks!

Duh!  I'm so sorry!  Forget my query.  I found it.  (I kept going to Help & clicking on "My Support".)

Edited by Monin

Hi.  Can someone please tell me where I can find the "Ticket Response Waiting Board" mentioned above?  Is that on Neopets or here?  I'm new at this & couldn't find anything on the Neopets page.  My ticket is still Open & I am not optimistic about it.  I feel like we're being ignored.  This is ridiculous.

Thank you!  Monica.

Sorry.  I meant, where are the Neoboards?  It's at Neopets but where, specifically?  (Like directions or what tab where?)

Thanks!

Duh!  I'm so sorry!  Forget my query.  I found it.  (I kept going to Help & clicking on "My Support".)

Glad you found it! Just in case anyone else is looking here is the most current link. Eventually that board will change, but you typically can find the topic near the top of the first page on the help chat on the Neopets site.

I am unable to log into my accounts... except one .. due to old emails...please help ive tried accessing support using the one account i can get into.. but im getting no response .. my accounts are old and i love them .. ive got all the December gifts for years back ...really dont want to lose them.

I am unable to log into my accounts... except one .. due to old emails...please help ive tried accessing support using the one account i can get into.. but im getting no response .. my accounts are old and i love them .. ive got all the December gifts for years back ...really dont want to lose them.

Unfortunately all you can do is follow the steps above and wait for a response which can take some time.

I finally got a reply to my ticket on Thanksgiving. Seems fruitless. I've provided all the info I could -- past PW's, including all e-mails I've ever used in my life even if I've never associated some of them to Neopets, personal info as to what is or isn't in my Inventory & SD box -- and I get the response that that is not the e-mail they have on file.  Plus, in the Solution area it says "Solved".  I reopened my ticket & am still waiting on a response.  This is very upsetting.  I know the one error I made was not changing my latest PW for years.

Anyone out there ever receive this type of response?  If so, did you get your main account back?  I'm really starting to lose hope but trying to be optimistic about it.

Thank you.  Monin.

wow cant even log into the tickets now (( any idea what i do next?? dec 1 is coming and im gonna be missing advent calendar for the first time in 10 yrs ((((

Depending on your browser sometimes the help system can get a little fussy. Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies? Most of the time that will let you get back into the help function.

wow cant even log into the tickets now (( any idea what i do next?? dec 1 is coming and im gonna be missing advent calendar for the first time in 10 yrs ((((

You can still access one account, right? (The one mentioned on your profile here is showing up for me just fine, so I'm assuming that's the one that you can access.) So if you use that one as your (temporary) main, you should be able to get the advent calendar gifts.

As for not being able to access the tickets, I googled around a bit, and found some people who mentioned that clicking the back button a few times helped them, or else to open the help page in multiple tabs. No idea if that'd work for you, but I find that some pages on Neopets are a bit glitchy, so it might work. (I personally often get a blank page when trying to customise my pets. Not sure why, there's no error or anything. It mostly happens in Firefox though; I haven't had any issues when using Chrome, so if you haven't tried switching browsers already, maybe give that a shot.)

finally got it up by choosing to *report* the admins LOL not sure whats happened to neopets but never have seen it this ...unhelpful..did original folks let it go?

Their help site has always been buggy and sometimes doesn't load. Trying a different browser and/or computer if you have access to another one can help. I'm glad you were able to access it and hopefully you have no more problems.

Yes Neopets was purchased by JumpStart a few years ago and things have been slightly rocky with the transition but seem to be getting better. Now if only they could solve the massive account issues that are going on right now things would be near perfect. :)

Hi there!Im an old time neopets player just tried to login to my neopets account for the advent calendar dailies and seems I am locked out of my account:( I tried to do the forgotten my password and I never got an email...I have had my account for a long time 10+ years:/ I last logged into neopets in August and my account was fine..I have never had any issues like this regarding my account..and what sucks even more is that I didnt take the time to either right all the tinhs I would need possibly to get the account back or screen shot everything..and I have read the posts on this forum and it seems even if I were to submit a ticket or contact neopets I wouldnt get an answer soon:/ if anything if its not just a few people having this issue it seems maybe something went really wrong with neopets account security..also when I tried to login to my account I tried to put the password in several times to see if maybe I made a mistake with it..and have now run out of ''tries'' to access the account...sucks cuz my new pet drake I managed hatch last year a few days after xmas would be turning a year old this month..if someone could maybe check and see if my account is still on neopets that would really be helpful..try to view my profile animals6662