Houston, we have a problem...

As one of the primary lenders for the ALP, many of the items for lending are on my account. The other day, I came online to find I was logged out of my account. I didn't think anything of it, as I had just finished cleaning out my PC (including dumping temp internet files and cookies). I collected my interest, and left for the day. Today, when I went to set up lends, I logged in to find all of my high-end ALP items missing. These are also, sadly, the items that get the most requests. I of course changed my password right away (as I do every few months anyway for security), but the damage so far, has been done. 

I've sent off a ticket to TNT, as they have been returning items for some people in light of the many accounts that are getting compromised, so there is still hope. But for now, until I get things sorted out, certain lends have to be suspended until I can replace the items. Requests that are in the queue waiting to be filled will stay in the queue until I'm able to replace the items, so don't panic if you don't hear from us, but we won't be accepting new requests until I can sort out the item situation. 

So far, the items affected include:

-Bony Grarrl Club (this one hurts, and if TNT is able to return anything, I'm hoping it's this)

-Plushie Meowclops

-Zafara Double Agent Plushie*

-Chokato (TCG)*

-Faerie Queen Doll*

*Another staff is looking into helping with these items, so they don't need to be suspended yet, but as of right now, no new requests will be accepted for Meowclops or BGC lends.

I'll keep you all informed as I get more information. Explained the situation thoroughly to TNT, so I'm hoping they'll be able to help us out soon.

As one of the primary lenders for the ALP, many of the items for lending are on my account. The other day, I came online to find I was logged out of my account. I didn't think anything of it, as I had just finished cleaning out my PC (including dumping temp internet files and cookies). I collected my interest, and left for the day. Today, when I went to set up lends, I logged in to find all of my high-end ALP items missing. These are also, sadly, the items that get the most requests. I of course changed my password right away (as I do every few months anyway for security), but the damage so far, has been done. 

I've sent off a ticket to TNT, as they have been returning items for some people in light of the many accounts that are getting compromised, so there is still hope. But for now, until I get things sorted out, certain lends have to be suspended until I can replace the items. Requests that are in the queue waiting to be filled will stay in the queue until I'm able to replace the items, so don't panic if you don't hear from us, but we won't be accepting new requests until I can sort out the item situation. 

So far, the items affected include:

-Bony Grarrl Club (this one hurts, and if TNT is able to return anything, I'm hoping it's this)

-Plushie Meowclops

-Zafara Double Agent Plushie*

-Chokato (TCG)*

-Faerie Queen Doll*

*Another staff is looking into helping with these items, so they don't need to be suspended yet, but as of right now, no new requests will be accepted for Meowclops or BGC lends.

I'll keep you all informed as I get more information. Explained the situation thoroughly to TNT, so I'm hoping they'll be able to help us out soon.

That's absolutely horrible! I'd be willing to donate some NP's to help get the items back if TNT doesn't restore your account! So sorry about that! I hope the items get returned soon! 

I also have a Faerie Queen Doll you can borrow and lend out to people until you get it sorted out if you'd like to keep that lend going

Edited by Musical_Shoyru

Oh, noooooo. :( I hope TNT responds quickly and you get the items back. I know the ALP has been wonderful for me in collecting avatars.

For those that want to donate NP, go here http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=tdnalp Even if the items get returned, it'll help towards other ALP goals. (If a trade gets set up on that acc, I'd be willing to donate a couple mil)

oh Emily that is just awful & a really mean thing to do (and then people moan about not being lent)

but TNT can easily track your account and find out where these items were transferred  .. the question is how fast they'll respond  

PUT A PIN ON EVERYTHING 

That is terrible news! The ALP has helped me on several avvies and it's such a kind thing to do that for someone to spoil it is doubly despicable. Happy to donate some NPs if needed too.

How dreadful :( I'm with everyone else in my willingness to donate NP to help towards buying replacements if TNT don't restore things. Here's hoping they will though, particularly considering TDN's an official fan site. I'll be astounded if they don't fix things.

Sadly, it makes all too much sense that Emily's account would have been targeted, someone's looked on here and seen that she does the ALP, so would know there'd be valuable items on her account : /

I second what Angelo's saying. Actually, I'm gonna get Beyonce to sing it for you!

♫ If you like it then you better put a pin on it ♪

Fingers crossed that TNT come through for you.

I don't have my account name linked anywhere on here, so I'm thinking it was someone who happened to see the BGC in auction/trades for lends and decided to target my account, since they knew I had at least one high-value item on it. 

I do have enough NP to replace everything (save the BGC), I just want to wait until I hear from TNT before I go to the trouble of rebuying everything. In light of all the recent security issues, I've heard they're replying pretty quickly to tickets like mine (I'm also premium and have bought a ton of NC in the past so that might also help a little), and I'm hoping we can at least get the BGC back, as everyone in the TDN community worked really hard to achieve that goal.

Oh man, that's awful. I hope TNT gets your stuff back to you. I'll definitely chip in some NP if comes to that it (especially for BGC). Some people are the worst.

Emily, that is absolutely horrible.  It shocks me at how low people will go to steal from anyone.  I would like to add my name to the list of people willing to add NP to replace the items if TNT doesn't.  I believe that they will.  I have used the ALP and received avatars because of the generosity and kindness of people such as yourself.  I am so very sorry for this happening to you.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear this, Emily! =(

Like everyone said, I'm more than happy to donate NPs or help in any form. I've gotten so many avvies from ALP that I'd be more than happy to help out in any way I can. 

I am sorry to hear about the theft & violation of your account, Emily. Would it help if we had pets to donate, like I have a Dimensional Jetsam that I used to get the "Wanna Fight?" avatar and once he gets unstuffed, I plan to feed him an aquatic petpet to also get the "Chomp!" avatar-but I really don't need him, feel bad to send him back to the pound (he was a starry grarrl before I changed him), and would be happy if other TDN members could use him to get those 2 avatars. I know your grey pet and other pets with special attached petpets have priority, but if you could tell me a member to transfer this Jetsam to at the end of July-I would really appreciate it. Thanks!  

I am sorry to hear about the theft & violation of your account, Emily. Would it help if we had pets to donate, like I have a Dimensional Jetsam that I used to get the "Wanna Fight?" avatar and once he gets unstuffed, I plan to feed him an aquatic petpet to also get the "Chomp!" avatar-but I really don't need him, feel bad to send him back to the pound (he was a starry grarrl before I changed him), and would be happy if other TDN members could use him to get those 2 avatars. I know your grey pet and other pets with special attached petpets have priority, but if you could tell me a member to transfer this Jetsam to at the end of July-I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

We currently have all the pets we need. The only stuff missing from the ALP are the items that were stolen from Emily's account.

For your Jetsam you can advertise him on the Pet UFT/Pound thread and check and see if anyone on the Avatar Chat Neoboard might want him.

Thanks. Sorry if I wasn't helpful to your ALP program, but thanks for letting me know where to advertise so he'll get a good home.  :rambo:

Not a problem! It's always nice to see our members willing to donate a pet to us. :)

If you want to help our ALP recover from this loss or just in general we're always taking donations on our alp account, tdnalp and we are currently working towards an MSPP card, unless that changes because of this unfortunate event.

Stay tuned for updates, I'm sure when there's something to announce Emily will do so. :)

How do you donate to the ALP account? Do you have a shop that we buy a cheap object for 5k, 10k, 25k, or higher?

I have gone to the tdnalp shop and so far there are only white sand bottles for 5k, blue sand bottles for 5k, curly sand bottles for 2k, green sand bottles for 2k, and red sand bottles for 1k. The instructions are for customers to buy a 30k bottle instead of 3 ten k bottles, but currently there are no other "higher" priced bottles. So for 2 days, I bought 1 bottle of each kind to be a total of 15k, but I know that I want to buy the higher priced ones to help out. So, is the tdnalp account accepting sand bottles for donation to stock their shop? I have a grey bottle of sand (ultra rare), rainbow sand, orange sand, black sand, invisible sand, green curly sand bottles and could donate back the bottles I have already bought-if they would be accepted.  

Edited by midnight_spell360

Just saw this...horrible. Just horrible. I've never actually used the ALP but I always wanted to!...I wonder if that person is going to try to sell illegally through another site for real money. I highly doubt they went through all that trouble just so they could have the item for themselves. Ugh so disgusting how people think this is okay. I will be purchasing from the donation shop for sure.. hoping any little bit counts! @midnight: the link is on the first page ;]