Background Noise ??

Angeló

I'm wondering what kind of background noise / entertainment do you have on when you play the AC ?

I usually have a sitcom playing on my laptop and I just listen ..  Friends , Seinfeld , Curb Your Enthusiasm , Family Guy , etc ...

I zipped through 2 seasons of Married With Children yesterday ...

For music I usually play Pink Floyd ...

Rank 5

I've got a youtube playlist going because I've gotten lazy about buying/downloading new music.

It's a weird mix of (semi-recent) kpop, american pop, and american alternative, because I've got... diverse taste, I guess.

I have a playlist on Spotify called "vibes" and I usually just listen to whatever I have on there. Disclosure, Banks, What So Not, Gorgon City, ODESZA, Hippie Sabotage, etc. Really starting to think I need to put on my EDM playlist though because I need to get pumped up for the games :happydance:

Yesterday and today I've actually been studying and playing YYB at the same time, so no background noise except for the music from the game. I do plan on streaming the last few episodes of CSI: NY that I haven't seen yet while I play. Then I have to find something else to watch.

I started watching a podcast on youtube. It's something interesting to listen to so I don't go crazy whilst playing.

I have been working my way through The Office for my background noise/general entertainment.  I also have watched some reality TV. Easy to watch things.  Haha I do like when the Darigan Yooyuball appears because then it's sort of like I get to take a break

If I listen to music, it's usually to these songs on this channel's playlist.

It's old video (the ONLY known surviving video), of my late dad, uncles and Grandpa performing for St patrick's Day festivities in a little church basement back in 1984. When I was a just a wee nipper. lol I chopped up the video and uploaded it for the St. Patrick's Day after my dad passed away 4 and a half years ago. Having received a copy of the video as a Christmas present from my aunt and uncle who transferred it to dvds from a VHS cassette. Since it's hard to watch whilst playing, If I have it playing in the browsers, I can keep it minimized, OR, I can just listen to the mp3 playlist I made of it a couple years after getting the video. LOL Used the freeware Audacity to record the audio, amplify it, and then burn it to a bunch of music cds for family. Including aunts, uncles and cousins, I think I had to make about 25 copies of the audio cds. LOL Burned my cd/dvd drive OUT doing it though. LOL But it made for nice presents. Since so many of my cousins got married in the recent years, I distributed them fairly quickly to everyone. :)

The first video is the longest at about 8 minutes. Grandpa telling stories while the tables are cleared and my dad and uncles set up things for the music. :) First song starts at about 5:50 if anyone wants to just skip there to the song portion of the first video. lol

There are 25 vids/songs. Anyone listening will probably have to turn their volume up. I didn't have a way of amping the audio when I made the clips from the original video.

But since I'm out of town right now. (Another cousin is getting hitched tomorrow) I'm listening to the vids as I get some YYB in before Mom kicks me out so she can go to bed, LOL That was the whole reason for making and uploading the clips anyway. Easy access for anyone who wanted to listen regardless of where they were. Also kind of a tribute to them, They were all decent entertainers, each in their own right, jokes songs and stories. :) And it's nice to share that too.

I've actually used audio from some of these videos in some of my attempts at animation. (Check my thread on the art forums here at TDN for more info.) LOL

Anyway, back to YYB! :D I'm behind schedule with these last couple of days!

This year, I've had Youtube up on the side and watched videos while I play. I've also got a couple playlists from ACs past that someone on TDN compiled, and those are always fun and motivating.

I ... listened to Pandora for a little while earlier, but that didn't last.

I can't do it.  Lol.

Just focus on the games and plow through for me.

I can't do it either.  It has to be me in the house alone or I'm telling everyone else around me to Shhhhh!  I need complete silence to focus.  My daughter just signed up for the AC yesterday and was learning to play all the games because she'd missed the practise round.  (I didn't think she was interested so I hadn't told her about the AC sign ups.  My bad.)  She was getting frustrated and intermittently making general noises of exasperation. She kept startling me. There would be quiet and then suddenly a burst of sound.  After I missed a cup and gave the wrong person the slushie I was holding pretty much immediately on starting yet another new game, I decided to go and do something else.

I can't do it either.  It has to be me in the house alone or I'm telling everyone else around me to Shhhhh!  I need complete silence to focus.  My daughter just signed up for the AC yesterday and was learning to play all the games because she'd missed the practise round.  (I didn't think she was interested so I hadn't told her about the AC sign ups.  My bad.)  She was getting frustrated and intermittently making general noises of exasperation. She kept startling me. There would be quiet and then suddenly a burst of sound.  After I missed a cup and gave the wrong person the slushie I was holding pretty much immediately on starting yet another new game, I decided to go and do something else.

My house is ALWAYS noisy so I've learned to ignore the noise lol. What hinders me the most is my 2 year old who wants to come sit with me and she always tries climbing on top of my desk to get at my pens, sticky pad, calculator or iPhone which of course blocks my screen so I have to put her down and send her on her way only to have her come back 5 minutes later to do it all over again.

Today I've played 15 YYB games while working on my accounting course. I have an entire page front and back of notes written out already.