Krawk Island Support Thread - Altador Cup XI (2016)

Figured I'd start a thread to find out where my Pirates are at! Let's bring home the cup this year!

This is my 5th official (7th total) Altador Cup and I have been supporting Krawk Island every year since the "Glory Days" when we won the cup. I have always been drawn pirates and growing up in and around the Caribbean, pirates have always been a part of my life and history.

I would love to eventually (if there is enough support) create a Krawk Island guild on neopets!

What are the goals of the current players for this Altador cup? I am looking to become an all-star for the first time.

Good luck to all and raise the Jolly Roger!

I am a KI supporter! I have a Pirate Krawk that my Kokariia (Aisha) thought looked a lot like Dash Solely :rolleyes_anim: . I can't control my goalie, that Bori!!! :sad01_anim:  But that is probably due to my incompetence more than his  :laughingsmiley: . I love my forwards, Coco & Dinksy, and my gal Nitri the moehog comes through in a pinch. :rambo: Oh, and Zayle the grey grundo, if he isn't spazzing out when the yooyu comes in his path. Pirates for the win!  :rock: If we be not winnin' the cup, ye can bet we be stealin' it! :shiftyeyes_anim:   :woot:  

Hey midnight_spell360! Thanks for your response. I too have a pirate krawk! (They are awesome looking)

I wish Dasher would come out of retirement :laughingsmiley:  though I am glad that we have "that Bori" haha :rock:

If you don't mind me asking, how'd you get the counter in your signature? (I assume that is for this year's cup)

Oh the Altador Counter is from TDN, right here at the Home page, go to Account Portal and click that, then you can click on the Altador Golden Cup/Trophy for the AC Counters. I used the Avatar Counter (the 10 Year Goodie Bag-looking icon) to pick the Pirate krawk for my Avatar Counting AND the best thing about TDN, we have awesome members like deboratibi who put up the banners on her post :

Deb's AC Team Support Graphics

so we get the whole package here on TDN! Just awesome! :woot:

Congrats to KI for a pretty good job yesterday against Faerieland, they did beat us in Slushie Slinging (sorry, I detest that Tuskaninny)  :medieval:

Good Luck on today's match against Haunted Woods! Let's Go Pirates! Yaaarrrgggh! Yooyuball doesn't play itself swabbies!  :skull:

Happy Gaming everybody!  :rock:

Thanks for joining the Pirates NixtheWatcher! So far we are off to a good start! 

We've got a tough matchup today though (June 4th) vs. the defending champs Kiko Lake so make sure to play hard today! 

Thank you midnight_spell360 for the answer! and I agree with you on the fact that I am not a fan of SS myself  :sad02:

Now let's go out there and beat Kiko Lake!!  :rock:  :medieval:

This is my fifth year with KI and it's probably the most fun I'm having with the Altador Cup.  Mostly because the reduced game caps.

Hopefully this will help me get to All-Star this year and not burn out on the games like I've done in previous years.

I don't really fear Kiko Lake this year since they don't have all of the cheaters, like they did last year.

My third year playing KI, but my first getting past level 1, lmfao. I'm a lot better at YYB than I used to be (I finally had my first 14 point game the other day, it was awesome) but it's still a slog to crank through. I've got a post-it above my desk that I use to track progress toward All-Star, which I totally doubt I'll get to, but I'm at least trying for it this time, haha.

I ended up joining KI after reading some fanfics people had written that featured Garven Hale and became kind of enamored with him as a character, and I ended up liking Dinksy and Coco a lot after playing a bit my first season, so it's just stuck for me, haha.

Anyways, good luck, everyone, may our Spotify playlists and Netflix queues and handy bottles of bourbon lead us to victory!

Hey perrin, I agree with you that kiko lake didn't seem as intimidating after the results came out today of them getting swept by faerieland but we shall see how the results turn out tomorrow for our match-up.

herrashmoo - 14 points in yyb is awesome! I don't think I have ever scored that high (I am consistently around 9-11 per game) and I agree that Garven Hale is really great!

How's everyone doing with their AC goals? Are we still on pace?

I am trying but I am only bat Rank 8 right now.  :shiftyeyes_anim: Those Kikos look just like the yooyuball- it's so confusing!  :laughingsmiley: Plus I have to be more careful when I update my counter for AC. I didn't do 1105 games of Make Some Noise- I was supposed to change 110 to 115.  :sad01_anim: Anyway, my favorite AC games are YYB and SOSD.

I hope we sunk those Kikos today. Happy Gaming Everbody! :rock:

I'm still supporting Krawk Island! Unfortunately, I just started a new job and have been working very long hours, plus my commute which is also long. I have, in the past gotten two years at rank 12 and one year at rank 13, but this year my "idealistic" goal is rank 10. My absolute minimum would be rank 5, but I'm doing my best to avoid that. I've only been able to put in a little bit of time so far, so I'm almost at rank 2 right now.  This is supremely slow for me, I was gaining a rank per day at the beginning of the cup the past few years...

Thanks for supporting KI, Spyke, even if your rl responsibilities limit your time to get to a high rank. Team spirit and just doing a little bit can at least give yourself a boost that some good will come out of your effort. Not everyone can sit at a computer screen all day to max out the caps to lead their team to victory (unless they have decided to give up sleep and wear adult diapers--eww!)  :sick01: I believe every effort you make, whether to play some AC games for only a half hour and go to bed so you can be rested to do your rl job/school or like me, tomorrow starts Ramadan, so I know I will definitely be slowing it down.(I just got back from our extra night prayers, where we start reading a couple of pages of our Holy Book every night together as a community, until we finish reading our entire Book of 114 chapters.) I don't think All Star will be a Rank I'll see this year, but I can put in a little time and hope that will be enough to add in to other players who have more skill & time then I do right now.
 How did everyone do against Moltara today? I tried to do more in each category but Slushie Slinger will always be my lowest scoring category. I know now that I will NOT be working in the food industry, thank you NP for teaching me valuable skills of how to hate waiting on customers! :laughingsmiley:Hissi When can I dump the slushies on the Hissi's, Tonu's, Peophin's, or  Ogrin's head! :woot: Make Some Noise is my 2nd least favorite, that could be bc of my dyslexia. All I do when I start is tell that Blue Techo: "You better MOVE! You better Dance!"  :laughingsmiley: Well I hope you other Pirates are burning up the Moltara team! Good Luck everybody & Happy Gaming! 

It's a Jelly Day!!!  :woot: Makes it easier to Rank up!   And Pirates swept Moltara -amazing!  :rambo: Please correct me if I am putting out a myth here, but you don't have to send 500+ scores for Slushie Slinger bc the total amounts won't pull you down so you can just get a little over 300 and then End Game and the # of games helps you Rank up. I think you only need to put in 1 goal in SOSD and then End Game and send. This means you don't have to use up a lot of time getting high scores to Rank up.   If I have this right. Chime in if I don't have this right. Pirates are #1  :skull:  We rock! :rock:  Happy Gaming everybody! 

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Ok, got it!  For Tuesday, June 7th

Aaarrggghhh, Pirates, how ye all be doin' against the Natives of MI?  :skull:  I was having an awful time with my YYB games- that mynci was very persistent primate!  But I did go up to Rank 11 today!  That Flotsam MI Goalie, priceless blind-dive for the yooyu!  Good Luck today and Happy Gaming everybody!  :rock:  

I hope you are right midnight_spell360! I could use the faster ranking right now  :party:

Great job Pirates on sweeping Moltara and doing well throughout the entire first round of matches!!  :rock:

This is my 3rd year participating in the Altador Cup (I used to be very off and on with Neopets). Every year I have been Krawk Island despite the fact that the Haunted Woods is probably my favorite Neopets location  :laughingsmiley: 
For whatever reason I just decided that Krawk Island was the team for me, and I haven't changed since!

I look forward to this year and playing with all of you! :) 
Let's show them what pirates are made of!

Nice having you aboard khaotekk! :)

How's everyone doing with their goals for the cup? 

I hit rank 8 today and am progressing a little slower than I would have liked but haven't been able to budget as much time as I would like to. And it's so tough for me to play slushie slinger.. :\

We had a good match yesterday vs. Mystery Island (almost a sweep). Let's go out and show Brightvale what we are made of today!! :rock:

Aaarrggghh! Either I'm slowing down (which may be bc of fasting) or the YYB is getting harder to do, but BV (what do they call themselves, the Wizards?) was hard to do today (Wed. June 8th). I hope you other swabbies did spectacular compared to my performance. :sad02: But I did manage to get up in Ranks to Rank 12. :rolleyes_anim:

Odd occurance: while playing my 258th YYB game, I was at 2191 goals- so I was trying to get 9 goals to make an even goal number (my OCD kicks in at the weirdest times) and BV did manage to get a goal but I was happy that I got 10 goals BUT NP made the goal total to be 2200 even instead of 2201. Is this a glitch or should I worry that NP makes these mistakes off and on throughout the AC tournament? :shiftyeyes_anim:

Anyway, good luck Pirates! Finish strong! Happy Gaming everybody! :rock:   

Trying not to risk a double post no-no here, so today (June 9th, Thurs.) KI is against Virtupets (the Bots?). I was trying hard to do a combination of AC games bc 42 is the cap for YYB and I needed like 51 games of YYB to move up to Rank 13. So I was trying to play more SS (which I still abhor), more MSN (I must have weak wrists or fat pecking fingers that it was HARD today), and more SOSD (not a prob). 

So imagine my face when I am playing YYB #307 (the 1 that should Rank me up) and I have my total goals at 2624 and pulled off getting 9 goals and press the Send Score...and I watch my total goals go to 2133 and my YYB games go back to 260??!!!  :sad01_anim: At that same moment, a neomail from theneopetsteam appears at the top of my screen. I go to the message, so trying not to be using bad words (I am supposed to be fasting from doing bad things too, like I don't get a pass to be miserable bc I am fasting, I am learning that I need to help others more to not be in that condition 24/7). Yeah, sorry, open the neomail expecting it was going to be a false accusation about cheating (which really would have pushed me over the edge) but it was only to tell me that a gift item I sent was returned for not being accepted or rejected in the 48 hour time limit. *phew* I went back and my totals went back to goal total 2633 and my games to 307 and I ranked up to Rank 13. WHY NP you play me like that???!!!

Well, it was real today. Ok Pirates, beat those Bots! Happy Gaming everybody! :rock:

Great Job midnight_spell360! Those are some awesome YYB totals! (Also I have never had my goals total glitch for YYB - hopefully this isnt a regular *crosses fingers*)

NixtheWatcher - I'm really happy by the results of yesterdays games too! Hoping for a sweep of Virtupets today though they seem to be tough in YYB.

I was able to rank up to 9 today! Finally to the bronze shield! :) 

I still find it incredibly tough to play slushie slinger... :( I just feel that the game takes so long. ugh. Anyway I was able to put in quite a few games of the other 3. 

I'm glad that you guys, mkemp & Nix, are in top form keeping the Chillers at bay! Yesterday was intense, as there were memorials for Muhammad Ali in nearly every mosque in the US and then my parents had us watch the Live BET interfaith service for him as well. So...AC was not at the top of my priority list on Friday.

But I managed to get to Rank 14 today and I'll see if I can get any more games in after we get back from our late night service. 

Let's keep the pressure on and frost those Chillers!  :skull: Try to max out your YYB games if you can, Pirates! Happy Gaming everybody!  :rock: