Newbie Here!

Hi, everyone! I am Carissa and I am new to TDN forums! I have been playing neopets for 10+ years, with my main account (dreamzeppelinarcher) being 95 months old. On Neopets, I really enjoy playing games, chatting on the boards, dice-a-roo, and collecting as many avatars as possible. Irl, I'm into anything to do with music, TV, film, poetry, literature and more. I hope to find a good sense of community here that enjoys neo as much as I do!

Welcome Carissa to TDN Forums! This is a great community of Neo players and very helpful for all kinds of questions and chats!  :rambo: TDN has wonderful game guides, avatar solutions, avatar counters and even chat threads for venting frustration about how random the random avatars are or the avvie that is so close but always slips away! :laughingsmiley: Anyway, a seasoned player like yourself will add a lot to this community and I look forward to reading your posts. :rolleyes_anim:

Happy Gaming everybody, AC is just around the corner! :rock:

Welcome Carissa!  Devo here - I'm also a veteran neopian who is new to the TDN forums!

Avatars are my jam, too - I'm hoping to get lent one of the 'big three' sometime this summer.  

And yay dice-a-roo!  That's one of my favorite games, along with Scorchy Slots :D.  Hoping to get a trophy for the latter before the end of summer, too.

Can't wait to see you around the forums!  

Thank you midnight and Devo! I'm definitely ready to make my way around here.

midnight; I would definitely be one to vent about the random avatars :laughingsmiley: although I finally got the TDMBGPOP avatar the other day, so I was feeling pretty good. 

Devo; My dream avatar is probably the meowclops avatar! The big three are a little out of my reach in regards to np because I'm saving for a maraquan pb for my cybunny, but someday I will get them.

Honestly, the B3 are out of just about everybody's league, especially SUaP.  It's about being dedicated enough to stalk a secret lenders board, or specific lenders if you can convince them that you're "trustworthy" with a "good" account [i think the whole thing is...dumb, for lack of a better term, and that's why I haven't tried yet xD elitist things just don't sit well with me]

Anyway, if there are any avatar goals I can help you with, let me know!  Unfortunately, I was lent Meowy years ago when it was much cheaper, and there were far more users around that were lending.

I was lucky enough to get trusted enough to be lent the Fyora Doll, Zafara Double Agent Doll, and a Meowclops through working on my Kadoatery-Mew avatar by helping run the Kad Board until I fed 75 of those beguiling creatures. I have some of the less expensive petpets if you want them loaned to you, like the quadrapus & gruslen. Just nm on Neo and I'll send any of those things to you=no problem.

Happy Gaming everybody! :rock:  

Devo; I wish I was more into avatar collecting when meowy didn't cost and arm and a leg to get. It would have been so good. The lending process seems a little weird to me, but I feel like I can get the hang of it.

Midnight; You are so lucky to have those lent to you! Also thank you so much for the help, I very well might take you up on your lending offers :)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to TDN Forums, I'm new here too. I love your avatar! And it seems like we have some things in common. I love TV and movies. I'm currently watching two movies a week, including at least one female directed movie per week. I dont want to even think about how many hours of TV I watch per week, haha.

Hi Carissa!  I am new to the forums and also a veteran neopets player; which seems to be a trend on this thread.  There are some very generous (and trusting) players who are willing to lend, like midnight.  I am also an avatar fiend, and recently became involved in food club, which is a great way to earn neopoints with an aged account.  Unfortunately, food club has had quite a few upsets lately.  Have you tried to play it?

I am also uncertain what the other two avatars are in the Big 3.

Welcome Carissa! I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for here at TDN!

Side note could someone please tell me what the Big 3 are other than SUaP?

I think the other two might be Bony Grarrl Club and the Malevolent Sentient Poogle Plushie (TCG)