LOL Ok, I guess since it hasn't been made yet, I'll make the first support thread for Maraqua!

This is my 7th AC, and my 7th time choosing Maraqua. I'm a big fan of water-types, and such. My goal, despite having a busy June IRL, is to see if I can find out the maximum score for a game of Yooyuball, The question is; IS 18 points even POSSIBLE? That and try to help Maraqua win, and see if I can get to All-Star rank this year. I don't often play the support games, they take a bit longer for my liking. lol

How about you guys? What got you to decide for Maraqua? Or what do you like about the team? What goals do you have for this year's AC XI?

Good luck to all the players in the AC XI!

Same as you, this is my 7th AC and 7th AC with Maraqua. :D

I originally picked Maraqua because it was my favorite land and I've always loved water/shark type things. (Maybe that comes from living in a land-locked state my whole life.) After the first year, I had such a great experience with the other Maraqua supporters I encountered, I never considered joining another team.

My goal for this year is maxing out SoSD as many days as possible and definitely reaching All Star. I don't know how far beyond All Star I might make it, but I'm going to make it as far as I can.

lol Cool Spritzie, did that love of water and marine life also contribute to your username here at TDN? (Just curious. :) )

SoSD I can see how that support game could go fast enough for you to reach the daily cap, but considering how many more games of the support games are needed to equal the games of YYB. I'm curious how people can reach and CRUSH the All-Star requirements in just a few weeks. I suppose since i mainly play YYB, Though, last year I don't think I reached the daily Cap for YYB once. lol But I racked up a decent number of goals per game! XD

I'm really hoping there are decent prizes this year. Would LOVE to see some new battle equipment in either the AC or the Staff Tourney. :D lol Even if it's weaker than my intermediate equipment. It's just fun when TNT releases something cool for the BD. ;)

No, my display name here is a character from the old 80s cartoon, Rainbow Brite.

I'm seriously horrible at YYB, so the games take longer for me. It's much quicker, and less annoyance and stress, to play SoSD instead. It feels more productive to me.

I'm curious to see how the prize shop turns out this year. I wasn't all that impressed last year, especially considering there wasn't a yooyu. That was originally my goal for ranking was being able to get the yooyu.

LOL OH! OK! That's cool! :)

Well, everyone has the games their good at or not very good at. Make Some Noise drives me nuts. I don't have the finger-smashing stamina to do a ton of games of that. It's also why I don't play Tug-O-War unnecessarily. lol I'm sure you'll make all-star with SOSD. :) My yyb games go quickly enough, but doing the same moves over and over, it kinda feels monotonous at times. So i don't often get in a ton of games. Oh well. If I get a decent amount of points I'll be content with that and knowing I'm doing what I can to help the team's standings. :)

You want a yooyu, I'd like some new battle equipment. I wonder if  TNT-claus will deliver? lol I hope so! :D

EDIT: Yeah! First victory was an almost perfect success. They managed 1 goal, but I'm tired as can be. So considering that, I'm fine with the final score of 12 to 1. lol I didn't get in any practice games, so this was it. Even though i made a couple mistakes, I think I'm off to a good start., or I will be after I wake up a bit more. lol ;)

GO MARAQUA! ^_^

SoSD is easy for me to max, especially since this year at work I'm in the room with a bunch of management and need to be discrete despite being allowed to do whatever I want in my downtime. When I get the chance, I'll play MSN and SS to add more points and round out my activity some.

I've already maxed SoSD for the day, so now I'm focusing on SS for awhile.

Aquamentis, your quest to see what the highest possible score is has stuck with me from last year.  I usually start out slow so I'm kind of scared, but I've already had my first 17-0 game already.  I had to come and check and see what score I needed to try and screenshot for you.

I stick with Maraqua because I don't like change and love the community.

I did the math for a rejected NT article, and the difference between the amount of time that it takes to get a point in YYB, MSN (submitting as soon as you reach the limit), and SoSD is within a minute per point.  I'm bad at SoSD but good at YYB, so the difference for me is a little over a minute.  If you're good at SoSD, you'll be earning points about as fast as the people that focus on YYB.

Hiya Paperdoll66, those are good reasons to stick with Maraqua. ;) Most often, change stinks, at least in my experience. lol

It's neat that my quest helped inspire you to take up the challenge! Congrats on your first 17-0 game! I haven't gotten a lot of playing in, but my best so far is 15-0. My PPG is at 11.33333333333333 (etc. etc. etc. Not bad for 12 games lol) Due to a couple of bad games I had thanks to some Darigan yooyus. Of course it's the darigan, it's ALWAYS the darigans. lol I too get anxious when I'm doing really well. I can get 6 points inside the first minute, but then I start getting anxious, anticipating SOMETHING will go wrong. It usually does, whether it's my own mistake(s), the game lagging, or not responding as quickly as I'm mashing the spacebar, or if I get a Darigan or Faerie yooyu to deal with. With you having your first 17-0 game, I bet you'll beat me to 18, if 18 is possible. :D

Another reason you will probably beat me to the "prize" is that I'm gonna be out of town with limited time to access for several days. My cousin is getting married on Saturday, and he asked me to record some video. :) I'll probably be back Sunday and back at playing YYB at normal levels (casual or harder) on Monday. lol

Anyway, BEST OF LUCK TO YOU! :D If you get to 18, please indeed link to a screenshot!

Ah, that's interesting math.... My brain just fuzzed over. lol Sadly math is my weaksuit. (I only where it when necessary. lol) That's something I suppose COULD be done to figure out if 18 is possible, but I find it more fun to TRY. lol A little challenge can make things more fun. Right? ;)

Anyway, off to Yooyu-land! I'd like to get a few more games in. Happy gaming! :D

EDIT: Made it to rank 1. Also, Congrats to all Maraquans for SWEEPING Terror Mountain!!! Way to go!

Hey, my name is Doc and this is my 6th year supporting Maraqua.

I chose them back then because honestly, they were one of the favorites to win, and they looked cool. But after my first Cup with them, I stuck with them because the sense of community was so strong... Plus, we have always been favored to win ever since, and we always get taken advantage of since the Bracket system :P

Anyways, hi to all! And congrats on a sweep against Terror Mountain! :D

Yeah, suddenly we lost and BADLY to Meridell AND Faerieland and we're suddenly 11th overall?! What the heck is going on? I haven't seen win/loss numbers that bad since last year's AC when Maraqua went up against some of the teams the cheats seemed to be backing. Ok, so these aren't QUITE AS bad, but still! They're pretty darn close to as bad though and it's really discouraging! -_-

Guess Maraqua needs to step up it's game.

We had one of the cheater groups this year.  No one really knows how long our scores are going to be like this.  I think they're so low as to not be normally mathematically possible, so it isn't just that we're playing badly.  It's a big scandal.  They're talking about it all over the neoboards, but I'd suggest just staying clear.

Crud! They better not be penalizing the legit higher scorers in their "quarantine". But, if they've stopped the cheat groups, then that should be that, and the TEAM should NOT be penalized! (Which from your description sounds like what might be going on) WE did nothing wrong. I agree draconian punishments for the cheaters, but let the rest of us EARN our real place in the AC!

I plan on staying clear of the neoboards. I don't know if I could contain my anger at what must be being said there. Wouldn't wanna get in trouble whether my anger is righteous and well-placed or not. Still...... burns me up IF they're essentially CHEATING in an attempt to overcompensate for what a group of blasted cheaters were doing.

If they've stripped the cheaters scores, then justly, that should be IT and ALL. Just my opinion.

Yeah Doc, I think that took a lot of the steam out of the team, I mean from us Legit players. Not so much the removal of the cheaters, but the insane drop in the standings the team took. I mean, rightly so, but when I hear we plummeted further than should happen..... Well that's just not fair.... Anyway, the guild I'm in, we've agreed to continue playing, doing our best despite this blow to our morale. There's only about 4 or 5 of us participating in the AC this year, but every little bit helps imo. ;) I still believe in Maraqua, I'm just ticked that one of the cheater groups had joined up with them as well. >_>

Behind schedule, by quite a bit actually. About halfway to rank 6. My points per game average of YYB is pretty decent though. 12.048 after 125 games, not too bad! :) Of my 125 games, only 12 have had a score of under 10. (Darn Darigan yooyus!) LOL

Also, I noticed Maraqua seems to be battling back in the standings, now 9TH overall! So let's keep it up! We'll do our best! Even if Maraqua doesn't take the cup, we can still have fun talking stats and strategies! Right?! Increasing them and plot...er I mean PLANNING for next year. ;)

EDIT: Somehow made it to rank 7! :D Also, I noticed that Maraqua is now 7TH OVERALL! Good job everyone! Also, we are 1ST in our bracket! Keep up the great work! :D

Apparently we were penalized or something because one of those cheater-groups had joined Maraqua. At least that's what I've HEARD. I am staying CLEAR of the Neoboards because I also heard it's not pretty, and I REALLY don't want to lose my cool and vent there. lol

Frankly, I think we got hosed by them (JS) doing their "corrections" to quarantine the cheaters and their scores. I see Brightvale is still in the lead, but they've never been a GREAT team that I'm away of. Decent but unless they have actual and GOOD players playing.

I don't know. More rumors I've heard.

Anyway, we're 7th now, 3 games behind Kiko Lake. If we can catch them we'll be in 6th, and maybe, just maybe we can get a bit higher. I'm trying to be optimistic, but I don't see many other people posting here in the support thread. So my trying to boost our morale feels kinda like the crickets are louder. ;)

I just finished my 46th game of YYB today, First time I've reached the cap for two days in a row, probably EVER. LOL Also made it to Rank 9 tonight. I'm a slow starter with the AC. I've only made All-Star once. I was around for the first two ACs, then happened to be back to join in the 7th, and have been participating ever since.

How about you Doc? How is your AC experience going? Do you play YYB? The Support games? Or ALL of them? Also, would you mind if I inquired about your stats? (I get very into my stats and point breakdowns and stuff for YYB) lol And it's fun seeing how good other people are at the games.

JS explained that they messed up and were including cheating accounts when they were calculating our scores, so we had a bunch of people with no scores that counted factored in.  With Brightvale, TNT still has problems telling the difference between legit players and cheaters, and they have an All Star Group.  ASGs recruit players that were all stars in previous years to play with them to get their team to win.

My gpg is down to 11.8.  I had a tough time with a few of the teams that we played this round, so I'm surprised it didn't go lower than that.  Some teams' AI are really good at foiling my Darigan YY strategy.  I have played enough SoSD this year to get kind of good at it.  I'm still hopeless at MSN, though.

Well that stinks! I hope they can get things sorted out!

Yeah! Some of the teams DO seem more "intelligent". Darigan's hissi player seems to have a greater speed and better reach for stealling the yooyu, Tyrannian's Goalie is GOOD, probably because he's so big. (I wonder what Maraqua's goalie's excuse is for missing easy blocks like he does with me? lol)

Also, I've noted for a few years now, the Practice Team, seems to be harder to beat than most of the participating teams are.

They're a bit faster, smarter to figure out where I'm gonna go, and better at stealing the yooyu in general. Regardless of what formation they take. (Btw for anyone who didn't know, you can Change the Practice Team's formation by refreshing the page, I think the formation for them is selected randomly when the game loads, but then each new game you play with them without refreshing the page, they keep to that formation.) I think that still works. Gives you a good way to practice if there's a formation that's trickier with the actual team competition.

Of course my biggest frustration, is when I'm pounding the spacebar and my player refuses to power up his throw. Really messes with my timing sometimes, and has cost me precious time!

I still haven't had a game of 17 yet. :( Though almost a dozen 16-point games. :) Too many darigan yooyus this year! LOL

Oh well,  good luck Paperdoll66! Good luck Maraqua! :D