Shenkuu Support Thread - Altador Cup XI (2016)

MysteryAF

SO relieved to get away from the practice team today! My level of suckage at YYB increases tenfold against those guys :laughingsmiley:

I wishfully hope to hit rank 3 today, so far 1 out of the 21 games needed played :shiftyeyes_anim:

I didn't manage many, enough to get myself to Rank 2 and that was it. Not from not having time, just lack of general will to live when I look at the Restart Game button. :laughingsmiley:

I did my games yesterday and I actually finished them much earlier than usual!  But today I am tempted to not play (just a lack of motivation to do anything).  However, I know that I have a day coming up where I will be travelling, so I probably won't get through my usual amount of games that day.  I should probably save that for my easy day.

Haha.  Another concern about my travelling is that it will move me to a timezone that is two hours earlier than what I am used to.  I am a night owl, so a lot of my playing has happened a few hours before midnight NST.  But if I play at the same time where I'll be, that will probably be after midnight NST.  Just gotta get to playing earlier.  Neopets problems...

I didn't manage many, enough to get myself to Rank 2 and that was it. Not from not having time, just lack of general will to live when I look at the Restart Game button. :laughingsmiley:

This is me.  I just hit Rank 2 earlier (well, for me it was last night just before I went to bed but I don't want to confuse the issue with my Australian timezones) and although I currently have motivation (got a fresh cup of tea next to me and my breakfast waiting), it's not going to get me too far, I don't think!

EDIT:  I hate that little Mynci!!!!  He is doing my head in.  :grrr:  Is it just me or does this Altador team seem tougher?  My scores are getting lower because we've got a veritable tennis match going on with the ball passing up and down the field like nobody's business.  Mind you, it would help if I could actually shoot well.  I always seem to pass it straight to the goalie or hit the goalpost or I do a pathetic little throw/kick/whatever that doesn't go anywhere.  I'm not sure the space bar on my laptop is coping well with all the abuse. 

Edited by nicolelouise

I have officially abandoned Make Some Noise and my fingers are thanking me. :p

Lets push Altador out the door! :D

EDIT:  I hate that little Mynci!!!!  He is doing my head in.  :grrr:  Is it just me or does this Altador team seem tougher?  My scores are getting lower because we've got a veritable tennis match going on with the ball passing up and down the field like nobody's business.  Mind you, it would help if I could actually shoot well.  I always seem to pass it straight to the goalie or hit the goalpost or I do a pathetic little throw/kick/whatever that doesn't go anywhere.  I'm not sure the space bar on my laptop is coping well with all the abuse. 

They do seem a bit tougher to me.  

Also their goalie is literally an elephant.  That's not really fair.

Oh god, Hannah :laughingsmiley: So true though. Looking on the bright side though, at least he's not a HOUSE like the Tyrannian goalie :laughingsmiley: These bigger goalies surely give a tactical advantage as I've not noticed them being any slower moving to offset their size.

Nicole, after reading your game play description I'm now convinced that you're my antipodean AC twin. xD

I've always wondered if all the goalies have the same hitboxes, like the range that they catch the ball... Maybe I'm just talking crazy talk.

They do seem a bit tougher to me.  

So, it's just that he takes up more literal space in the goal that is my problem, hey?  And there I thought I was just a bad shot!

I've always wondered if all the goalies have the same hitboxes, like the range that they catch the ball... Maybe I'm just talking crazy talk.

That is a really good question, and not something I'd considered before.  We just have to work out their individual weaknesses...yeah, like I'm really good enough for that!  LOL

Oh god, Hannah :laughingsmiley: So true though. Looking on the bright side though, at least he's not a HOUSE like the Tyrannian goalie :laughingsmiley: These bigger goalies surely give a tactical advantage as I've not noticed them being any slower moving to offset their size.

Nicole, after reading your game play description I'm now convinced that you're my antipodean AC twin. xD

There's no ROFL smilie.  I WANT A ROFL SMILIE.  This will have to do: :P :thumbsup: :whistle: ;)

Your Gnorbu is really starting to annoy me lol, every time I get the ball your Gnorbu steals it on me.

Good luck against Faerieland today and may the best team win. No hard feelings from me if you sweep us. :)

Your Gnorbu is really starting to annoy me lol, every time I get the ball your Gnorbu steals it on me.

Good luck against Faerieland today and may the best team win. No hard feelings from me if you sweep us. :)

That's how I felt about that dratted Mynci yesterday!

So, it's just that he takes up more literal space in the goal that is my problem, hey?  And there I thought I was just a bad shot!

There's no ROFL smilie.  I WANT A ROFL SMILIE.  This will have to do: :P :thumbsup: :whistle: ;)

Hehe, thanks xD Glad I made you laugh :icecream:

Your Gnorbu is really starting to annoy me lol

Your Yooyuballs really annoy EVERYONE, so fair's fair. :laughingsmiley:

It's good to know that Mirsha's a good player when she's not got some inept human controlling what she does. :rolleyes_anim:

Hehe, thanks xD Glad I made you laugh :icecream:

Your Yooyuballs really annoy EVERYONE, so fair's fair. :laughingsmiley:

It's good to know that Mirsha's a good player when she's not got some inept human controlling what she does. :rolleyes_anim:

I had very similar thoughts about Mirsha.  Because she doesn't do any stealing when I'm in control!

Maraqua seems to be especially good at whipping the ball out of your hands immediately >8(

Though...thoughh...I did, just once today (and probably for the first and last time I'll ever manage it) actually steal the ball, get to the goal,  AND SCORE! :rock:

I was all like, "Oh wow, this is how you supposed to play this, then?" :laughingsmiley:

Woah woah, EDIT!!!

Look at this beauty! That's totally gonna be from my EPIC steal and shoot goal...right?! :woot: :laughingsmiley:

YkbwCeU.png

Maraqua seems to be especially good at whipping the ball out of your hands immediately >8(

Though...thoughh...I did, just once today (and probably for the first and last time I'll ever manage it) actually steal the ball, get to the goal,  AND SCORE! :rock:

I was all like, "Oh wow, this is how you supposed to play this, then?" :laughingsmiley:

Woah woah, EDIT!!!

Look at this beauty! That's totally gonna be from my EPIC steal and shoot goal...right?! :woot: :laughingsmiley:

YkbwCeU.png

Wow, that's incredible! :D

Great work Team Shenkuu, keep it up everyone!

And we're still there 5 hours later, that's cool. I honestly expected it to be a really momentary thing, which is why I screencapped it >_<

Though we managed to do pretty will in at least SOME brackets last year, unless I'm imagining that.

If I remember last year correctly, I believe we started out really strong.  Or at least, did really well in our first bracket.  We definitely had some stronger days.  Maybe this is what playing is like without the bots in the competition?

Hard to know, isn't it? I'm always worried about the potential for it being bots if we're doing well, and that's really sad. : /

Congrats on almost sweeping us yesterday! :D

When I seen you were sitting at 1st in our bracket I figured for sure you'd end up sweeping us, so it was nice to take the one game away from you. Good luck today against Maraqua! We swept them a few days ago so i"m sure if you work hard like you did to beat us, you'll have a sweep of them. :)

Congrats on almost sweeping us yesterday! :D

When I seen you were sitting at 1st in our bracket I figured for sure you'd end up sweeping us, so it was nice to take the one game away from you. Good luck today against Maraqua! We swept them a few days ago so i"m sure if you work hard like you did to beat us, you'll have a sweep of them. :)

No pressure on us then, Mousey! :laughingsmiley:  I've managed 2 games of YYB so far today, good job the team's not relying on me.  >_<

And we're still there 5 hours later, that's cool. I honestly expected it to be a really momentary thing, which is why I screencapped it >_<

I thought stats only update once/day?

Ugh.  I hate yooyuball.  I would literally rather play MSN an extra 200 times than YYB the max 46.

It's the worst game everrrrr.

Plus "The Black Hole" is an awful opponent.

No pressure on us then, Mousey! :laughingsmiley:  I've managed 2 games of YYB so far today, good job the team's not relying on me.  >_<

Or me!  I've played YYB 4 times, SS about 6 times, MSN a couple of times and I don't think I've touched SOSD at all today.  And it's not like yesterday, when I was really busy.  I've just been procrastinating all day.