Shenkuu Support Thread - Altador Cup XI (2016)

MysteryAF

Yesterday, I achieved:

Yooyuball 

Number of Wins: 20

Slushie Slinger

Games Played: 10

Make Some Noise

Games Played: 0 (that's not going to change either)

Shootout Showdown

Games Played: 401

I also probably spent too long playing Neopets yesterday and realistically cannot sustain that much playing.  But I will probably max out SOSD again too because it is quick to play.

In terms of the formations, I like to play going to the right.  I also like to play with 3 forwards.  However, I may end up shifting to the 2-2 formation as the 3:1 is more difficult. 

Oh yea! I meant to tell you guys about something kind of funny yesterday that happened.  Around my 10th or so game of Yooyuball, Xana had saved the ball and while attempting to move her out of the center of the goal and to one of the sides with the ball, I accidentally turned her around, and had her throw the ball into the Shenkuu goal.  Oops! Hopefully, I won't be making that mistake again.  But last year, that scenario probably happened 5 or so times.  I was just surprised that it happened so soon after the start this year.

Yooyuball 

Number of Wins: 92

Slushie Slinger

Games Played: 162

Make Some Noise

Games Played: 802

Shootout Showdown

Amazed that so many people -enjoy- doing this when it comes up.  How y'all doing today?

Wow, it's awesome to see so many Shenkuu supporters here!

Getting prepared to start day 3 of Altador Cup! :3

Keep up the good work everyone!

why didn't they announce Day 2 results yet ? 

I know we lost to Tyrr but I wana know how well we played anyway 

Current Rank : 5

I'm not sure... It appears that they are delayed. I think we at least came close to them.

My rank is currently at 11, and I'm off to bed.

Well I'm doing REALLY badly at the moment, as you can tell by my score counter. Not managing to play many games at all :* Right now I'm just hoping to hit Rank 1 before the end >_< I hate the idea of being a dead weight, but if my brain doesn't wanna play then there's not much that I can do about it.

The Darigan goalie, at least, isn't like a HOUSE there in front of the goal, so I'll stand a better chance today. :laughingsmiley:

i <3 playing against Darigan 

2+2 is an easy formation to beat

my score average is 9.9

Mirsha scored 399 goals (80%) of all my goals so far

Maxed out SOSD

Current Rank 6

Yesterday, I got to 

Yooyuball 

Number of Wins: 30

Slushie Slinger

Games Played: 10

Make Some Noise

Games Played: 0 (that's not going to change either)

Shootout Showdown

I slowed down on Yooyuball.  I maxed out on SOSD.  Since Yooyuball is the bonus game today, I am trying to play more games of that.  But mostly, my goal for the day is to max out SOSD again.

I've hit Rank 1, go me! :rolleyes_anim:

I find myself distracted by the fact that the Virtupets goalie is on wheels as he's got no legs. I'm giggling at him every time I score. :laughingsmiley:

Welcome! Good luck everyone and let's beat Mystery Island!

Nicole, as I am sure you are realizing by now, the practice team is actually more difficult than the teams that we face daily.  I don't think there is any change in difficulty from one team to the next really.  However, the formations do change up and some are easier to play against than others.  

I am really really happy to see that the caps are lowered this year.  I can get kind of obsessive about tasks like this.  I will probably not be playing make some noise this year.  At all.  It's really not my game. 

I hate Make Some Noise xD I'll not be playing it at all, lol

I'm glad it's not just me who really doesn't like Make Some Noise! 

Oh, dear.  You guys are all playing so much!  Don't worry, jellysundae, I'll be the dead weight this year.  This has been a pretty busy week and hubby has been home sick for some of it, and there's nothing I like more than having to explain to him why I'm sitting on my butt not actually doing anything 'important'.  Oh, wait...NOT!!  Anyway, we'll see what this week brings!

I will probably start slowing down pretty soon.  There are only so many times I can shoot a ball into a little net or sling slushies.  My goal is to have fun this Altador cup.  Really, I have more fun talking to people in the threads than actually playing the games.

i didnt play much today, i was tired and at night i went out with friends

maxed sosd though and ranked up to 8

its 4AM and im not focused enough to play YYB 

I will probably start slowing down pretty soon.  There are only so many times I can shoot a ball into a little net or sling slushies.  My goal is to have fun this Altador cup.  Really, I have more fun talking to people in the threads than actually playing the games.

Exactly!  Once I've played three or four rounds, I'm done for the next several hours and if I'm not around later to have another go then that's all I get done.  Maybe the game will grow on me as I improve?

Does anybody else find they have a problem where their player will run in a tight little circle all around the ball but you can't get it to turn directly onto the ball and by the time you do, the other team have swooped it up?  That is driving me nuts!

Exactly!  Once I've played three or four rounds, I'm done for the next several hours and if I'm not around later to have another go then that's all I get done.  Maybe the game will grow on me as I improve?

Does anybody else find they have a problem where their player will run in a tight little circle all around the ball but you can't get it to turn directly onto the ball and by the time you do, the other team have swooped it up?  That is driving me nuts!

This problem has not happened to me.  Have you tried changing internet browsers?  I use Chrome.

I certainly have trouble with not being able to control my players well. I'm resigned to it though, because of my cognitive problems I can't react quickly enough, and with all the players running around on the screen my brain can't keep up at all, so I know how you feel, Nicole! I've not experienced them circling the ball, but they might have that in store for me yet. >_<

This problem has not happened to me.  Have you tried changing internet browsers?  I use Chrome.

I don't have Chrome.  I'm on Mozilla Firefox.  I also have IE but I hate it so I'd rather not use it if I can avoid it.  It chokes up with ads that I seem to be able to block in Firefox but haven't worked out how to get rid of in IE.

I also have IE but I hate it

The cry of the internet as a whole :laughingsmiley: My friend Yan calls it Internet Exploder, I approve of this.

this is the worst !! they just run around the ball like idiots .. sometimes the other team is frozen and i lose precious time !

this is the worst !! they just run around the ball like idiots .. sometimes the other team is frozen and i lose precious time !

I *think* I've noticed that it's worse when I've got that burst of speed from the wings, if I manage to lose the ball, which I do!  Although I do need to play more and be paying better attention to check my hypothesis.  I'm also struggling with the stealing the ball thing.  But it's a work in progress, right? 

*starts chanting* You'll get better...You'll get better...You'll get better...

EDIT: Now I've got a question about MSN.  Why is it that sometimes I'll keep a certain pace and score over 5000 and with the next pair of letters I'll keep exactly the same pace and struggle to get 1700?  I don't understand what's happening.   AND!!! Why does it sometimes look like my score is going backwards? 

Edited by nicolelouise