Shenkuu Support Thread - Altador Cup XI (2016)

MysteryAF

This is the year for Team Shenkuu!

This is the thread for anyone to talk about and discuss Shenkuu during Altador XI.

qxS21Su.jpg

Haha, Angelo, I had to giggle at your response, because I was surprised that it wasn't you making this thread. :laughingsmiley:

Mangopurin, the teams are already picked, have you checked out the write ups in the Colosseum?

I played a game of yooyuball yesterday, no improvement in my "skills". :laughingsmiley: If I score straight away it's fine, but if the yooyu's taken from me I might as well forget it because I can't get it back. xD

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/

click the team logo u want and join the team

Shenkuu community on the neoboards is amazing btw 

I actually meant to ask if there's any difference in team. like if each team has an unique ability...but it looks like it's just 18 teams?

Thanks guys for the link and invite though :)

Anyone know where people are finding out the new max for this year?

I surfed through the rules/FAQ but I'm apparently blind...

The Official Neopets Team Message Board posted a message, yesterday (25 May 2016), about lowering the maximum games scores for Altador Cup XI:

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=158078938

"

The Altador Cup has returned for its 11th annual version, and it's brought some new rule changes we wanted to discuss. The Altador Cup Rules Committee has taken a good look at player comments from the past couple Cups, along with its own data, and made a few changes to the structure and functionality of the tournament. Now, some of these will be immediately obvious (like sign-ups, seriously do it now!), some will be unveiled throughout the tournament, and some will be more invisible to you guys, but we believe will help create a better experience overall.

One of the changes we made that will affect you guys the most is to the daily score caps, and the ranking system! Now, we know some of you are against the idea of lowering the maximum amount of game scores you can send per day – but hear us out! We looked at how players were doing in the personal ranks over the past few years and decided a change up to the points required for each level was in order. The new rank levels will make getting past rank 1 much more attainable for most users, but still keeps the users who reach All-Star to an elite group. Now, in order to account for the rank values changing by so much, we had to lower the score sending limits per day. It was originally planned out so you could reach All Star by sending the maximum amount of scores for one game, for a certain number of days, accounting for users needing to miss a few days or not being able to send the maximum scores every day. So, we kept the same idea, but obviously with a lower value for reaching All Star, that means the scores you could send per day had to come down, or you'd be able to reach All Star by playing only a few days, which obviously isn't ideal and unfair to the players who send scores each day.

As for more on the changes to this year's cup, be sure to read the Rules page and the updated FAQ, and be sure to keep checking for more updates from us on what else is in store!

spacer.gif

"

No news on what the new max will be, yet.

EDIT: Good luck, Shenkuu!

I actually meant to ask if there's any difference in team. like if each team has an unique ability...but it looks like it's just 18 teams?

Thanks guys for the link and invite though :)

nop , not really .. its pretty much which players & team colors / land you like most :D

i really like Mirsha <3 she's awesome

Just joined Shenkuu.  It's my first AC and I just played my first practise games.  Yeah...  I'm sure I'll get better, right?  I mean, the only way is up and all that.  With regards to the comments about the goalie's nerves, I've only played four matches and I'm already over it!  Having said that, I control the goalie and I'm nervous, so in a way it is justified, lol.  I'm not even going to worry about rank this year, I just hope to win occasionally!

Hi Nicole, welcome to Team Shenkuu :D You'll def get better, you might be storming your way up the ranks before the games end. From novice to All Star in one tournament...you never know! To be honest though, I think to reach All Star all people really have to do (all, she says, like it's no big deal) is just not sleep for about a month :laughingsmiley: Practicing beforehand's a relatively painless 3k NP per day though, so it's all good!

I'll admit that I gave up at Rank 5 last year mainly because I didn't want to have to play the amount of games that I'd need to hit Rank 6 xD I think it was quite a lot more than had been needed to get from 4 to 5. There's a handy dandy Rank Calculator which will become your best friend during the games. :laughingsmiley:

Hi Nicole, welcome to Team Shenkuu :D You'll def get better, you might be storming your way up the ranks before the games end. From novice to All Star in one tournament...you never know! To be honest though, I think to reach All Star all people really have to do (all, she says, like it's no big deal) is just not sleep for about a month :laughingsmiley: Practicing beforehand's a relatively painless 3k NP per day though, so it's all good!

I'll admit that I gave up at Rank 5 last year mainly because I didn't want to have to play the amount of games that I'd need to hit Rank 6 xD I think it was quite a lot more than had been needed to get from 4 to 5. There's a handy dandy Rank Calculator which will become your best friend during the games. :laughingsmiley:

Ah!  Thank you!!  That will be very handy indeed.  I was wondering how moving up the ranks all happened.  I haven't got that far yet in my reading.

You're welcome! Reading the ranks guide again, I'd have had to win another 234 games to progress to Rank 6, and the games were ending in about 2 days, so I wisely settled for Rank 5 :laughingsmiley:

I'm interested to see how far I get this year. Of course, interested may be entirely the wrong adjective to use in another month or so :rolleyes_anim:

Our first matchup is against Mystery Island. Bring everything you've got! Lets start off with a victory. c:

D:< I thought it started on the 6th? Was I imagining that? :shiftyeyes_anim:

*rolls up sleeves* Best crack on then!

Welcome! Good luck everyone and let's beat Mystery Island!

Nicole, as I am sure you are realizing by now, the practice team is actually more difficult than the teams that we face daily.  I don't think there is any change in difficulty from one team to the next really.  However, the formations do change up and some are easier to play against than others.  

I am really really happy to see that the caps are lowered this year.  I can get kind of obsessive about tasks like this.  I will probably not be playing make some noise this year.  At all.  It's really not my game. 

Yooyuball 
 Number of Wins: 46
Slushie Slinger
 Games Played: 25
Make Some Noise
 Games Played: 401
Shootout Showdown
 Games Played: 0

I'm not a fan of this.
I've been on Neo, like, all day.

That looks just like mine, except the 401 games are on Shootout Showdown.

Does anyone know what the recommended formation is for Shenkuu? I've been using Mirsha to score everything. xP

I tend to focus on Mirsha, the others get a look in when I don't manage to score at the start of the round though, the 1:3 format works best for me.

Having said that...THE TYRANNIAN GOALIE'S SO HUGE :sad02:

My general m.o. is grab the yooyu and run forward moving down just a bit so I can aim a little below the goalie. If I'm lucky I'll get it in the goal. Though often I aim too low and hit the goalpost, or I just repeatedly fling the yooyu straight into the goalie's hands >8(

But the Tyrannian guy's so big that it's hard to get past him, isn't it D:<

But the Tyrannian guy's so big that it's hard to get past him, isn't it D:<

He IS !! i actually hate Tyrr .. and all 3+1 formation teams ... they just gang up on Mirsha ... 

My scoring average dropped from 10.2 yesterday to 9.4 today

And i officially claim this day the day of Darigan Yooyu !!  I'm getting one or two in EVERY GAME

BUT we almost swept MI !! they're really good at YYB though .. but it's a good start .. we're ahead of them in the Ranking !

I maxed our sosd yesterday and will do the same today ...

Current Ranking : 3