Neopets Goals?

kayahtik

It seems like quite a bit has changed in the last two years or so since I was active on Neo. Now with KQ and Habitarium down, along with the forums slowing to a crawl, etc., I was wondering what everyone's priorities are around the site these days.

Are you raising your pets' stats?

Hoarding nps?

Collecting things for your gallery?

All of the above? Or something else entirely?

Personally, I'm not really sure where I want to focus my energy this time around. I'm thinking avatars, since I've finally accumulated some of the monetary resources needed to get the harder ones. But it's also a very finite task, since new avatars don't come out all that often and eventually you'll have all or most of the ones you're able to get. 

Anyway, please feel free to share your perspectives! I'm always interested to know what brings other people to Neo and what keeps them there for as long as a lot of us have stayed (albeit off and on...)!

I have my account for almost 15 years, but have been on and off. At first I barely knew anything about what could be done. Didn't know about events or plots. Just played games whenever I was bored or tried out the battledome with my brothers.

Years later, I found out that there was so much more to do and got a lot more involved. I also started to use information sites like TDN, started to collect avatars, starting a gallery and had goals for some of my pets.

Nowadays, I still work on all those goals. Slowly but surely. I still play the games mostly for fun and not for the NP. So building up a nice bank account is a slower process than when I'm really trying to get NP. (Since my account hack I am focusing on getting NP though)

I am having a lot more fun with all those extra goals and if I can ever comlete one, I'll find something else to do. :)

So, atm, I am focusing on NP, avatars, getting my battle pet into shape, my gallery and collecting books to one day get a super clever pet that has read most of the books. Plenty for now :p

I still have to long time goal of trading for a UC Grey and Plushie Cybunny. I am really into pet trading so its mostly just achieving my dream names and pets. I want to make it to 10mil neopoints but I have been playing less thanks to school and spending all my np on customs for trades.

I would also like to learn how to code better and attach art and characters to all of my pets. 

I don't really have any specific goals on here. I'm mostly just keeping my pets alive. :) And here and there I see what I feel like doing or comes across my path. I'm currently sparing np so I have money whenever I see/come across something I wanna buy. I also like helping people on neopets. So if I even can do something for you, don't hesitate to ask. :)

I have my account for almost 15 years, but have been on and off. At first I barely knew anything about what could be done. Didn't know about events or plots. Just played games whenever I was bored or tried out the battledome with my brothers.

Years later, I found out that there was so much more to do and got a lot more involved. I also started to use information sites like TDN, started to collect avatars, starting a gallery and had goals for some of my pets.

Nowadays, I still work on all those goals. Slowly but surely. I still play the games mostly for fun and not for the NP. So building up a nice bank account is a slower process than when I'm really trying to get NP. (Since my account hack I am focusing on getting NP though)

I am having a lot more fun with all those extra goals and if I can ever comlete one, I'll find something else to do. :)

So, atm, I am focusing on NP, avatars, getting my battle pet into shape, my gallery and collecting books to one day get a super clever pet that has read most of the books. Plenty for now :P

I played for years and years without understanding things like site events, plots, and whatever other ways to be more involved in the game. When I was younger, all I ever paid attention to were flash games and the roleplay boards :P

Now that I'm a bit older though, I appreciate goals that require more strategy and that are longer-term. The last time I played seriously, it was to get my pets painted my dream colors, but now that I've achieved that, I had to find something new this time around.

I still have to long time goal of trading for a UC Grey and Plushie Cybunny. I am really into pet trading so its mostly just achieving my dream names and pets. I want to make it to 10mil neopoints but I have been playing less thanks to school and spending all my np on customs for trades.

I would also like to learn how to code better and attach art and characters to all of my pets.

Pet trading is something I've never done, even after all the years I've been around here. I think for me, a big part of the satisfaction was saving up the neopoints to paint the pet myself rather than trading for it. And now that I have them, I don't think I could ever bear to give them up!

Coding is another thing I hadn't even thought of for a long time! I learned my very first HTML through Neo's tutorials, and I've implemented what I learned in a lot of places around the internet, but never actually on my profile lookup or petpages! That's quite an interesting goal. I always thought it was nice to come across a page that had a custom design, and not one that you see on a hundred other pages because it was copied from a template. Good luck with that!

I don't really have any specific goals on here. I'm mostly just keeping my pets alive. :) And here and there I see what I feel like doing or comes across my path. I'm currently sparing np so I have money whenever I see/come across something I wanna buy. I also like helping people on neopets. So if I even can do something for you, don't hesitate to ask. :)

I think saving up nps is just as good a goal as any. There are a lot of times when I find something I want to buy just because I think it's funny--or to put in my gallery--but they're usually expensive items and I don't want to spent that many nps on them! It would be really nice to have an extra stash just for times like that.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Songbirdsara) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double (or triple) post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Guest VioletFlare

My current goal is to get a Grey Paint Brush so that I can get a Grey Aisha, but I don't think I have any long-term goals yet...

I have quite a few goals! I have already obtained one of my dreamies - a Woodland Uni with a Woodland Feloreena PP and a Glyme PPP. I want to obtain at least 10 mil without spending it all first, reach 250 avvies, build my stamp collection and complete the Faerieland Stamp Album, as well as fill out my trophy closet, put 200 purple items in my gallery, and complete each of my pets' customizations. My Desert Draik is almost finished - she just needs the Carved Walking Stick but it costs so much!

I am collecting avatars, saving NP and working hard ti get the exact pets I want.  I lucked out and won a Halloween Paint Brush, so my Lupe is now a Werelupe.

I would like to work on my stamp and card collections, continue my classic neohome and work on what to have in my gallery.  I'm having fun. :)

My main focus is avatars. Collecting avatars, saving NPs for avatars, playing games for avatars etc etc....

Also having fun zapping pets (petpets not so much, I lost 2 last week  :sad02: )

What I'm enjoying the most now however, is pound surfing for avatar pet/petpets and putting up their links in the Avatar Chat so they can be adopted. Most have found permanent homes! (Some have had their petpet taken away and that irks me to no end :shiftyeyes_anim:  :grrr: )

I am going for trophies and avatars, and building my stamp collection. I'm also trying to save lots of NP because I've bought all the cheap stamps. I do Food Club and stocks as well. I don't train these days; too expensive for my pet at his level and since he can win in the BD in one go these days I don't see a need.

Definitely would like to finish off my Peophin gallery, and update my battle gear. And maybe go for some avatars and trophies. I'd LOVE to strike the decisive blow in a Plot that involved the battledome, but THAT will never happen. LOL So many talented battlers with pets AND battle sets higher than mine. So chances are one of them would get that honor. But it's a fun thought. ;)

Probably just snazz out my pet lookups with pet art but seeing as I've been neglecting to do this for like 3 years now, I dunno if that's gonna happen bwahah

NP goal-wise, though, is probably just to finish my star/wizard gallery 

I've been playing Neopets on/off for the last 10 years.

Like you, I didn't know about the plots, avies, etc...but about 2 years ago, that changed. I'm on here mostly everyday. I work a high-stress job, and playing the games helps me a lot, and talking to people on the Forums. I've met a lot of nice people! :wub_anim: <3

I am trying everything to get all the avies I can. The game ones are hard for me, since I stink at the games :rolleyes_anim:

Currently trying to at least complete ONE stamp collection, lol. They're EXPENSIVE as heck! It's fun to put them in the albums! Well, I think so (:

Faerie Fortune Cookies are great. I like to "train" my main pet with the cookies, and that works really well for me. :woot: I have not trained my main pet at the Swashbuckling Academy in a long time.

I recently obtained the Soup Faerie avie, so now I am hoarding NP's :laughingsmiley:

I collect dung items for my gallery. I look once in a while, and add dung items I don't have when I can-I'm in no hurry to expand my collection.

I've been playing Neopets on/off for the last 10 years.

Like you, I didn't know about the plots, avies, etc...but about 2 years ago, that changed. I'm on here mostly everyday. I work a high-stress job, and playing the games helps me a lot, and talking to people on the Forums. I've met a lot of nice people! :wub_anim: <3

I am trying everything to get all the avies I can. The game ones are hard for me, since I stink at the games :rolleyes_anim:

Currently trying to at least complete ONE stamp collection, lol. They're EXPENSIVE as heck! It's fun to put them in the albums! Well, I think so (:

Faerie Fortune Cookies are great. I like to "train" my main pet with the cookies, and that works really well for me. :woot: I have not trained my main pet at the Swashbuckling Academy in a long time.

I recently obtained the Soup Faerie avie, so now I am hoarding NP's :laughingsmiley:

I collect dung items for my gallery. I look once in a while, and add dung items I don't have when I can-I'm in no hurry to expand my collection.

I'm glad the game helps you de-stress after work! That's what a game should do, but unfortunately, sometimes these things turn into yet another source of stress.

I've met a lot of really great people on sites like these too. Many of my best (online) friends were made through Neo, and a few of them I've been friends with for going on about ten years now!

I still haven't really settled on a goal--I'm kind of doing a lot of things at once. Collecting avvies, hoarding nps, training my main pet... I should probably just pick one and focus on it.

I think for me right now I'm focusing on general account improvement like trophies, avatars, stamps, and what not. I lucked out during the faerie quest event and got my two permanent painted my dream colors. I'm also trying to get to the top tier bank account.