Weird Shockwave Question

herrashmoo

So, everyone knows Shockwave games are hit and miss and a pain to even load, but finally after a couple of months of fighting across an array of browsers, I managed to get Revenge of the Slorgs to load and get an avatar score.

Problem is, when I finally hit submit score, I wasn't taken to a score submission box thingie, I was taken to the "load soundtrack" page. Has anyone else ever had issues with this specific issue? Is there some weird trick to get it to trigger (like, opening other games or putting the game in a new tab instead of pop-up or whatever)? I'm just kind of bummed that I finally managed to pull it off (did a lot of frog shots, lmao) and didn't actually get my avvie or even a posted score at all.

So, everyone knows Shockwave games are hit and miss and a pain to even load, but finally after a couple of months of fighting across an array of browsers, I managed to get Revenge of the Slorgs to load and get an avatar score.

Problem is, when I finally hit submit score, I wasn't taken to a score submission box thingie, I was taken to the "load soundtrack" page. Has anyone else ever had issues with this specific issue? Is there some weird trick to get it to trigger (like, opening other games or putting the game in a new tab instead of pop-up or whatever)? I'm just kind of bummed that I finally managed to pull it off (did a lot of frog shots, lmao) and didn't actually get my avvie or even a posted score at all.

Shockwave games are hit and miss with certain browsers. Let me guess - you are using Firefox. Firefox, for some unknown reason, will let you play the Shockwave games, but will not post your scores. That has been happening for a while, and, as far as I know, there is no known fix. If you are using the latest version of Chrome, Chrome stopped supporting several plugins, Shockwave included. So, Shockwave games will not work with the latest version of Chrome. (Chrome stopped supporting the plugins, last September, starting with version 45, I believe). The certain browsers that may work are Opera, the last version of Safari for Windows (5.1.7), and IE 11. However, even using those browsers, there is no guarantee that the games will work. Shockwave games were working on three of my computers, last December, but for some reason, stopped working on two. No idea why. Still looking for a solution, but haven't found one, so far. This is from Neopets topic "Topic #: 5163-1820":

"I'm receiving Shockwave game errors!

As you may have noticed, playing Shockwave games can sometimes be a bit "hit or miss."

We want you to know that we're aware of the issue. From what we can tell, the issue seems to be related to Shockwave itself, so it's hard to pinpoint a surefire solution. It does seem, however, that the latest version of Internet Explorer is the most stable browser to play these games in!

In the meantime, we'll keep looking for a more reliable solution. Happy gaming!"

Not very helpful. If you do decide to try IE 11, make sure you add "neopets.com" (without the quotes), to IE 11's "Compatibility View Settings". If I knew of a fix, I would have definitely have posted it here and on the Neoboards.