Is there anything that makes you angry about Neopets?

Arlo

1 minute ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah, I wondered at that when it happened, then realised it's because it's an outside link so Neo basically doesn't know it's you yet, lol.

The captcha goes away if you refresh. It's like it's all "OI, WHO ARE YOU! Oh, wait . . . oops. Sorry, carry on! :blush02:"

:laugh:

OOOOO maybe I'll try refreshing then!! :thumbsup: 

Yep, that worked! Thanks for the tip :heart:

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, swirlybits said:

One thing I don;t like is that there's not much improvement to transition it to today's current tastes. Neopets should at least have a mobile app now.

Gotta hope that this is something they're beavering away at behind the scenes. I mean they'd be insane to NOT be working on something like that, surely?

But then this is JS . . . :guiltysmiley:

On 3/5/2018 at 8:04 PM, swirlybits said:

One thing I don;t like is that there's not much improvement to transition it to today's current tastes. Neopets should at least have a mobile app now.

I think at one point it was something they were working on, but just gave us Ghoul Catchers. Even if they had a mobile app right now I don't think much would work on it because almost everything is flash. I think right now their priority is on converting the site from flash and then maybe they'll come out with an app for us.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:12 PM, Naamah said:

I have extremely bad luck with the fruit machine daily. That makes me angry because I want some good prizes.

Yeah, I think we all want good prizes from the dailies, but if you think about it, items are very rare because they don't happen too often.  In the many years I have been playing, I got a white petpet pb and maraquan petpet pb from grave danger.  That's it!  I got 2 PBs from the fruit machine as well.  Honestly, I have done much better from REs while playing NQ2.  EVERYONE here knows by now how much I love NQ2.  LOL.  Just for the simple fact that while you get a fair amount of NPs while playing the game but the REs are awesome.  Just to name a few, I got a baby Koi MP from the pant devil's evil twin brother, a wraith PB, a few Nerkmids, several pieces of the secret lab map, spooky treasure map, treasure map, and of course, petpet lab map, and many many of the famous, "while out for a stroll............" and with those I have gotten 40k, 50k nps.  Those are just the big ones that I can remember.  I play over and over.  I am in the midst of a game now.  Of course.  LOL

1 hour ago, rntracy1 said:

Yeah, I think we all want good prizes from the dailies, but if you think about it, items are very rare because they don't happen too often.  In the many years I have been playing, I got a white petpet pb and maraquan petpet pb from grave danger.  That's it!  I got 2 PBs from the fruit machine as well.  Honestly, I have done much better from REs while playing NQ2.  EVERYONE here knows by now how much I love NQ2.  LOL.  Just for the simple fact that while you get a fair amount of NPs while playing the game but the REs are awesome.  Just to name a few, I got a baby Koi MP from the pant devil's evil twin brother, a wraith PB, a few Nerkmids, several pieces of the secret lab map, spooky treasure map, treasure map, and of course, petpet lab map, and many many of the famous, "while out for a stroll............" and with those I have gotten 40k, 50k nps.  Those are just the big ones that I can remember.  I play over and over.  I am in the midst of a game now.  Of course.  LOL

You can get petpet paint brushes from Grave Danger?! :whaa: I've never really gotten anything useful from it, even though I've been playing it pretty much every day since it was released.

So is it specifically NQ2 that gives these great REs? Because I played NQ1 and never got anything special. (I hardly get any REs anyway, regardless of what I'm doing on Neopets, but perhaps I should try NQ2.)

But yeah, good prizes from dailies are extremely rare (in my 14 years of playing, I've gotten 3 paint brushes from the Fruit Machine, and no paint brushes from REs), but this is what keeps the items rare, which makes getting them worthwhile. :smile:

Hmm, so "angry" is pushing it quite a bit. But I do get VERY annoyed by frozen accounts showing up in  Shop Wiz searches. -_-

It would be SO very nice if they slotted a little line of code in there to stop this from happening.

19 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Hmm, so "angry" is pushing it quite a bit. But I do get VERY annoyed by frozen accounts showing up in  Shop Wiz searches. -_-

It would be SO very nice if they slotted a little line of code in there to stop this from happening.

Yes, I would have to say that does bother me too.  I get excited when I see something for a good price only to find out the shop/account is frozen.  That has wasted my time searching for other deals.  I think once the account is frozen, it should be removed from the search database.  Uh, somehow:guiltysmiley:, um, maybe.  LOL

@Nielo Sorry, I do that ALL THE TIME.  I answer another post and enter it without reading the other posts first.  Then realize someone else has asked me a question.  So I have edited in an answer to your questions.:blush02:

@Nielo said, You can get petpet paint brushes from Grave Danger?! :whaa: I've never really gotten anything useful from it, even though I've been playing it pretty much every day since it was released.

Yes you can, but obviously they are very rare as I have only gotten 2 since I have been playing it. I have gotten MANY starry grarrl MPs, a few blue Xweetok MPs, but only one of each petpet pb, maraquan and white.  If you look up the prizes for grave danger, here at TDN, I am pretty sure they are listed there.

So is it specifically NQ2 that gives these great REs? Because I played NQ1 and never got anything special. (I hardly get any REs anyway, regardless of what I'm doing on Neopets, but perhaps I should try NQ2.)

well, anything that requires a lot of refreshing would work, but for ME personally, I have had SO MUCH luck with NQ2 that I can't stop playing it. Those prizes that I have listed above are only the tip of the iceberg.  I also got a Red Korbat MP.  Since the Baby Koi MP was my first and most exciting, it really sticks out in my mind.  I couldn't believe it.  I definitely would give NQ2 a try.  Jellyneo has a great guide, very easy to follow and you get, I believe it is 2 avatars from the game, lots of NPs throughout the game, 10k for finishing the first level, 20k for the 2nd, and 30k for InSaNe.  Plus, great battle weapons.  Well, I should say they USED to be great battle weapons.  Now a days, they wouldn't be considered so great, but eh, they are REAL good for a beginner to intermediate battler.

But yeah, good prizes from dailies are extremely rare (in my 14 years of playing, I've gotten 3 paint brushes from the Fruit Machine, and no paint brushes from REs), but this is what keeps the items rare, which makes getting them worthwhile. :smile:

I have to agree with you here.  If everyone kept getting them, they wouldn't be so rare anymore.  When the pirate pb first came out, I got one from the forgotten shore.  That was YEARS ago and I have never gotten another one since.  But the pirate draik eggs, pirate draik MPs, pirate techo MPs, and even the pirate krawk MPs somewhat, are easy to come by.  Their values have dropped so much.  Other than a pirate draik egg, I have NEVER NEVER EVER gotten another type of draik egg from anywhere!  How about you?

Hope I have addressed some of your comments.  If you want to start up NQ2 and have any questions at all, don't hesitate to contact me.  As far as character skills, the guide addresses fairly well, but there are definitely some that I do a little differently after playing the game over and over and over and over and........................also, you start out with a weapon called Father's Sword.  In the beginning it is the weakest weapon and doesn't do much damage.  As the game progresses you acquire new, more powerful weapons, and have the option to sell previous weapons and buy more powerful ones.  That is all well and good, but DON'T make the MISTAKE of selling Father's Sword like I did the first time.  Yes, you will have a powerful weapon at the end, and CAN defeat the big boss, however, Father's Sword is MADE to defeat the big boss. (hint hint:wink:).  Good luck.

11 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Yes, I would have to say that does bother me too.  I get excited when I see something for a good price only to find out the shop/account is frozen.  That has wasted my time searching for other deals.  I think once the account is frozen, it should be removed from the search database.  Uh, somehow:guiltysmiley:, um, maybe.  LOL

@Nielo Sorry, I do that ALL THE TIME.  I answer another post and enter it without reading the other posts first.  Then realize someone else has asked me a question.  So I have edited in an answer to your questions.:blush02:

@Nielo said, You can get petpet paint brushes from Grave Danger?! :whaa: I've never really gotten anything useful from it, even though I've been playing it pretty much every day since it was released.

Yes you can, but obviously they are very rare as I have only gotten 2 since I have been playing it. I have gotten MANY starry grarrl MPs, a few blue Xweetok MPs, but only one of each petpet pb, maraquan and white.  If you look up the prizes for grave danger, here at TDN, I am pretty sure they are listed there.

well, anything that requires a lot of refreshing would work, but for ME personally, I have had SO MUCH luck with NQ2 that I can't stop playing it. Those prizes that I have listed above are only the tip of the iceberg.  I also got a Red Korbat MP.  Since the Baby Koi MP was my first and most exciting, it really sticks out in my mind.  I couldn't believe it.  I definitely would give NQ2 a try.  Jellyneo has a great guide, very easy to follow and you get, I believe it is 2 avatars from the game, lots of NPs throughout the game, 10k for finishing the first level, 20k for the 2nd, and 30k for InSaNe.  Plus, great battle weapons.  Well, I should say they USED to be great battle weapons.  Now a days, they wouldn't be considered so great, but eh, they are REAL good for a beginner to intermediate battler.

I have to agree with you here.  If everyone kept getting them, they wouldn't be so rare anymore.  When the pirate pb first came out, I got one from the forgotten shore.  That was YEARS ago and I have never gotten another one since.  But the pirate draik eggs, pirate draik MPs, pirate techo MPs, and even the pirate krawk MPs somewhat, are easy to come by.  Their values have dropped so much.  Other than a pirate draik egg, I have NEVER NEVER EVER gotten another type of draik egg from anywhere!  How about you?

Hope I have addressed some of your comments.  If you want to start up NQ2 and have any questions at all, don't hesitate to contact me.  As far as character skills, the guide addresses fairly well, but there are definitely some that I do a little differently after playing the game over and over and over and over and........................also, you start out with a weapon called Father's Sword.  In the beginning it is the weakest weapon and doesn't do much damage.  As the game progresses you acquire new, more powerful weapons, and have the option to sell previous weapons and buy more powerful ones.  That is all well and good, but DON'T make the MISTAKE of selling Father's Sword like I did the first time.  Yes, you will have a powerful weapon at the end, and CAN defeat the big boss, however, Father's Sword is MADE to defeat the big boss. (hint hint:wink:).  Good luck.

No worries, I hadn't even seen your post before the edit. ;)

Looks like you got a prize (the White Petpet PB) that TDN hasn't even listed. :)
I'm not sure I ever even got an MP from it; maybe the Red Poogle or Starry Grarrl one - I know I own some of those, but I'm not sure which daily they came from. I always thought your petpet's level on Grave Danger determined what kind of prize they bring back (mine are all at the lowest level).

I definitely intend to play NQ2 one day, but I want to finish NQ1 on insane first and I hardly have time (or motivation) to play these days.

Thanks for the tips! :)

• 2 weeks later...

When I buy books for one of my pets and he says, "I have read that book already!" and then I have to read it to another pet. I read the same books twice sometimes so why can't my pets? Neopet Mom Problems lol. 

• 9 months later...

Their too sensitive filter. "Crack" is not always in reference to the drug, and "anal" should be banned as a whole world, not partially (the word "analyze" is not allowed because of the first four letters).

On 12/30/2017 at 12:19 AM, Yuiina said:

I'd like to add something that really annoys me. It is the fact that many many many ACCOUNTS that their owners don't log FOR YEARS. Like 12 years... 10... 8 ... and they don't delete the pets or make them available for adoption! Because most of the names in this world are taken by people that will never EVER come back. 

That is what annoys me the most. When we register in neopets we agree that the pets belong to neopets.com and that they can delete them if they have to but well.. just words. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5902151

I was away for six years before I came back. I would've been very upset to return to find my pets were missing, especially since they wear NeoCash items (meaning I spent real money).

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

11 minutes ago, Secretly A Pony said:

Their too sensitive filter. "Crack" is not always in reference to the drug, and "anal" should be banned as a whole world, not partially (the word "analyze" is not allowed because of the first four letters).

It is the whole not partial word thing, isn't it, amusement being another one that is filter-triggering! (work it out, lol) But... I can see why they do things the way they do. What happened when the filters weren't working shows why they need to be hyper-vigilant, lol. ?

The majority of Neopians wouldn't abuse a more sensible filter system, but theminority who would would do it in spades and then some. ?

• 1 month later...

I agree with the mobile app thing. That should have been handled years ago when smart devices started to become popular. I can do most of the freebies on my phone, but when the Advent Calendar rolled around, that was the one I couldn't do on my phone at all. 

I really dislike the inventory, tbh. I don't like how after all these years you still can't select multiple items and then decide what to do with them. I'd love a feature that allows me to select several items and all move them into my shop at the same time instead of having to do it all one by one.

Also not a fan of how I have like 50+ empty gift boxes in my inventory from Trudy's Surprise that it seems like I can't even get rid of. 

They barely do anything with avatars anymore either. I like the avatars, but I think if they want a way for members to keep coming back and not just playing primarily for the freebies every day, they should try to create some sort of reward system. It doesn't even have to be overly complicated, and could use avatars. It would just create more of a focus on them, where like maybe once a week there are a couple you could get for playing certain games and reaching certain scores. Obviously nothing too high, because I think that's the issue with the avatars now, is a lot of the goals you need to accomplish for them are ridiculous. I can't get certain pets if I already have all the pets I want, or looking at certain pets look ups at certain days, or getting a ridiculously high score on a game. Yes, it's nice and all to have those, but it's also discouraging too. Like there needs to be something people can work towards that is far more obtainable and keeps people coming back every week and actually playing games. 

I get neopets is typically considered more for younger people or kids, but a lot of the really older members are adults, like myself, and most of the games just don't appeal to me. 

Also, feeding a pet multiple times so they become full is kind of silly and unrealistic. It should be once a day and they're either hungry or full. That's it.

I don't know about anyone else, but there also seems to be some kind of lag on the site? It's not my internet and it doesn't happen on any other site, but sometimes it seems like pages take a lot longer to load than they normally should.

Habitarium. It was such an easy way to make NP and they got rid of it for no reason.

11 hours ago, xxstaindrosesxx said:

I really dislike the inventory, tbh. I don't like how after all these years you still can't select multiple items and then decide what to do with them. I'd love a feature that allows me to select several items and all move them into my shop at the same time instead of having to do it all one by one.

Also not a fan of how I have like 50+ empty gift boxes in my inventory from Trudy's Surprise that it seems like I can't even get rid of. 

I don't know about anyone else, but there also seems to be some kind of lag on the site? It's not my internet and it doesn't happen on any other site, but sometimes it seems like pages take a lot longer to load than they normally should.

Habitarium. It was such an easy way to make NP and they got rid of it for no reason.

I think @Duma might've already mentioned this in another thread, but you can use the 'Quick Stock' option to choose an action for a bunch of items at once (including putting all those gift boxes in your safety deposit box). You can find Quick Stock right above your items:

Quick-stock.png

And yes, the site's been sloooooow lately. No idea why though.

As for getting rid of the Habitarium; it happened when JumpStart took over the site, and was probably related to having to move servers/Habi having been made by a third party.

The site was fine all day until just now. Seems that it gets laggy at office hours, last couple of days it was the same. No lag around midnight NST, later on the day (Office hours for TNT) it gets laggy. So it's highly likely it has something to do with them doing work on the site. Fixing things and improving them without taking down a site completely is hard. Most company's just notice everyone that they will be down for maintenance from X 'til Y. Neopets just tries to do it while we can still play albeit with lag.

I hate the "free spin" space on the wheel of knowledge, It's useless and I always get it several times before it give me anything else. Is there some trick to this? Do I need to wait a certain amount of time before using the "free spin" so it doesn't just land on that same space?

Not that I know of. I believe it's just all random. Sometimes you get one free spin, sometimes none and sometimes 3 or more in a row.

22 hours ago, Duma said:

The site was fine all day until just now. Seems that it gets laggy at office hours, last couple of days it was the same. No lag around midnight NST, later on the day (Office hours for TNT) it gets laggy. So it's highly likely it has something to do with them doing work on the site. Fixing things and improving them without taking down a site completely is hard. Most company's just notice everyone that they will be down for maintenance from X 'til Y. Neopets just tries to do it while we can still play albeit with lag.

I think the lag's because the Godori avatar's been released and everyone's playing that. ?

19 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I think the lag's because the Godori avatar's been released and everyone's playing that. ?

I've been playing Godori all day without a problem. Around 8:30NST the lag begins. Not convinced it's because of that game. It doesn't refresh that much really. It does generate the next turn and with lag it keeps telling it needs to refresh the page though. I don't know, might or might not have something to do with it but I don't think it's only the game that's causing it.

Thanks for letting me know about the Quick Stock feature. I have no idea why I never knew about that, so that's going to save me a ton of time now.

I'm still not a fan of the free gift boxes. I get some people find them really useful, but I never bother with NC items, so I wish there was an option to discard or donate them at least, that way people could pick them up via the Money Tree or something for those who do want them.

On 3/13/2019 at 10:21 AM, Duma said:

Not that I know of. I believe it's just all random. Sometimes you get one free spin, sometimes none and sometimes 3 or more in a row.

Aw well, at least it's just inconvenient rather than detrimental. Just don't know why it even exists....

• 1 year later...